It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If...grasp our place in existence we'd go nuts...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I think if we were to fully grasp our place in existence we'd go nuts...

I mean really our lives on a day to day basis seem normal, almost hum drum, that's because we don't often think of our situation.

We're flying around on planet earth. We could be blown to bits at any moment by a meteorite. We could be killed by any number of disasters, war, or just ordinary day to day stuff like a heart attack.

Most people are forced to have to work and figure out a way to make a living, that on a planet of ever exponentially growing numbers of people for limited resources, money and jobs. All to just try and make a living. Failure to do so could mean you end up on the street, broke and destitute.

We don't know were we came from, nor were we're going. Although some have been taught about God that requires faith with many can't grasp or practice. Those that don't think they evolved from a monkey, and that they have no spirit or soul that will pass on. I'm not sure what exactly would be the point of living at all if I had that narrow a mindset, other than being forced to essentially. But then if we believe in God we're sometimes worried about being saved, and getting to heaven in the afterlife.

We're forced to suffer on this earth. Pain, hunger, sadness, sickness, decease, enslavement. And we are forced to suffer in terms of both regret and or discipline. So even if we think we can be lazy, we do that and next thing we know we're in pain because we have no money and we're going hungry in life. If we do choose to work, we suffer the pain of having to get up at 6am to go to a job we hate, but that we have to as we'd rather suffer discipline than regret.

When everything goes well in life, and we feel secure, life most always tends to throw us a major life challenge that comes out of no where. You get hit by a car, you get sued, you lose a limb, your wife leaves you, your dog dies, you lose your job etc etc etc. And in a moment we're forced to contend with circumstances that we have no reference point on how to cope with them. Then if we get threw the event we're suppose to have learned some kind of life lesson as a result. But if we don't we tend to get caught up in the problem for a very long time.

As we get older what doesn't hurt in our bodies, then doesn't work. We try and take a piss but can't. We try and make love but can't. We go for a walk in the mall and our knees hurt. We can't hear very good anymore. We get all wrinkly and ugly. We smell bad the older we get. We're forgetful. We lose the ability to feel much emotion. Eventually our family can't even stand being around us, and or eventually try and put us in an old fokes home just to get rid of us just like throwing out the trash.

Everyday seems to have, pain, stress, worry, hurts, challenges, confusion, enemies, risks, danger around every turn and in almost anything we do. Even going to get a loaf of bread from the store could be your last move in life.

And I really could go on and on and write a book long thing about how paralys life is, but I think you get the picture. Now if we we're to fully grasp all this, I think we'd go nuts. Somehow our bodies, and mind have been trained or acustom to not having to think about it all. Instead we tend to just go about our days non-shalontly as if life will go on forever, that nothing bad will ever happen, that life is easy good and normal. But the true nature of our circumstances is that we're always in eminent danger and parrell and pain.

Like how do we do it, how do we pull this off, this feat of living dispite the cards being stacked against us?

I just think it's strange when you think about it.

edit on 21-11-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Hey spartacus699!
You have certainly been doing some deep thinking lately!

We seem to manage all that you mentioned because we are good at adapting. We adapt to our circumstances, no matter how good...or how bad. I suppose it's a survival instinct.
Most people don't realize that at any given moment, life can end or change dramatically. Those of us who DO recognize this, are usually on ATS, lol.

Ignorance is bliss indeed, and a lot of people go through life thinking "that won't/can't happen to me". Others (like myself) have more of a 'there but for the grace of God go I" mentality...knowing that whatever horrible things happen to someone else, can also happen to me.

It's early, I need more coffee...but I am interested to see what others have to say.
S&F
jacygirl

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

sometimes I don't get life at all.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

You said, "I just think it's strange when you think about it. "

Youbetcha, it is strange. More than that, it is a grand perversion we and cultures and societies pull upon ourselves. From the time we pick up cues on how to think and conduct ourselves until our last breath.

Yesterday, I finished a terrific book. It’s title is Supernomal by Dean Radin, PhD., author of Entangled Minds and The Cosmic Universe..
The subtitle to Supernormal is Science, Yoga, and the Evidence for Extraordinary Psychic Abilities. The whole book is about utilizing the original Yoga Sutras and its siddhis to explain what we know today as psi phenomena.

After reading the book you should come away with a clear understanding that the some of the ancients really did understand the true nature of humans. That understanding is that we were created for better things than the daily trials and tribulations that you've mentioned about ordinary life.

Meditation is the root of human existence and a connection to all that is.
Mouth-breathers and materialists will deny we have that grand of a capability. OK. Let them linger.

new topics

top topics

join