It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana man arrested for fishing, states that "natural law" supersedes US courts.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

tinner07
Some big city boy with his high price fishing gear and high price lawyer is coming into town and fishing without paying is like saying we all going to park in NYC for free....land is land right?

Pay your money and get the f@#k out of here city boy.

Huh? I don't get it. Manhattan's a small town of only 1500 people.

Anyway, I don't agree with him because a lot of people with his same beliefs have been getting caught commiting tax fraud, bank fraud and credit fraud.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The licenses are there to protect the fish stocks so that people in the future can also enjoy it. I didn't have that worry where I grew up. You could fish to your hearts content for trout. Salmon on the other hand, well, you had to have a license.
edit on 21-11-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

The man is 100% right...in a way. You see, the rules and systems that have been set up for us humans are completely make-believe. That's right. This world, this reality has been ruled by those who make up rules. At the end of the day, everyone will die. You will not live forever. So why can we not enjoy the time we are here on earth without having to deal with someone else's bizarre make-believe reality?

Humans have the right to plant a seed, to grow their food, to gather their food, to build shelter, to pursue happiness, as long as you don't interfere with someone else's right to do the same.

The problem is, that we have allowed other humans to dictate what the rules are, even though those rules are indeed made up...imaginary. That is the greatest kept secret of all.

Can you truly "own" the land? What happens when you die? Who "owns" the land then? Who "owns" the earth? Nobody does. It's all make-believe.

How did the nobels of old become "nobel"? They pretended they were, and everyone is playing along.

Your money is just a piece of paper. It is completely make-believe. An adult game of "pretend".

When will everyone simply figure such a simple realization out? That ALL of the rules are just "made up"?

Everyone should be able to wake up, and never have to work ever again...you should be able to do whatever you want on this planet. Monetary systems should not exist.

If you want to travel, then you should be able to do so without having to worry about paying make-believe monies for it.

If you want to wake up and paint pictures for the rest of your life, you should be able to do so without having to worry about paying make-believe monies for rent/bills.

Electricity should be free.

Water should be free.

Food should be mass produced, free, and available to EVERYONE ON THE PLANET!!!!!!

Shelter should be free. NO MORE LANDLORDS/BANKS/MORTGAGES ETC....

You get my drift? You see, we have allowed ourselves to be enslaved by other humans and their make-believe pretend reality for so long now that we have forgotten the simple fact that...in the end...it's all pretend.

There should be a worldwide revolution, one which causes every single one of these make-believe systems to fall. And humans should be able to live truly free, and be able to enjoy the limited time they have on this planet before they die, without having to constantly worry about being in "make-believe debt"...

It's just ridiculous. The whole thing.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Just a quick question, who will provide us all those wonderful free things? Faeries? Gnomes? ET?

That stuff all has to be made, it doesn't just appear out of thin air and in grocery stores...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
well with the leavle of tecknolgy we have now it would be quite possible to build a system so taht all the basic nessisetys of life could be without cost .
But I understand taht would imping on how you can buy a donut for a dime and resell it for a doller .
Yea the true cost of teh donut NOW today is around a DIME but every one wants to make darn sure they all make a profit from your need to eat .
How much does it accutly cost for all the over priced things you buy anyway??

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They have the right to eat but I also have the right to my property value for all I've put into this home and land for my quality of life.

Yep...written as if a dollar or two is worth more than a human life...especially if the life is that of another...of course, when it comes to one's own life, then all the tea in China is not equivalent...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Montana
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Just a quick question, who will provide us all those wonderful free things? Faeries? Gnomes? ET?

That stuff all has to be made, it doesn't just appear out of thin air and in grocery stores...

I agree with this reply:

midnightstar
well with the leavle of tecknolgy we have now it would be quite possible to build a system so taht all the basic nessisetys of life could be without cost .

It is true. If all the humans in the world pooled their resources we DO have the technology to build a system where you could live your life without money/cost/bills.

Change is difficult, yet when actually looking at the whole picture you do come to realize that the whole system is made to benefit an extremely small percentage of humans vs the whole of humanity. The make-believe system we have agreed collectively to reside in indeed makes slaves of 99% of us. Why on earth do we have to live this way? We don't. It is all pretend.

I'll say it again:

So why can we not enjoy the time we are here on earth without having to deal with someone else's bizarre make-believe reality?

What about my own make-believe reality? Does that not also have merit?

I love it when people say "Welcome to the real world", or "I live in the real world"...without realizing that the "real world" is a combination of make-believe pretend realities agreed upon by some humans, not all humans.
edit on 21-11-2013 by AutOmatIc because: reality

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Makes me want to move there.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Please clarify for me. So If someone has been been utilizing the land that they own for some years and you move in next door knowing full well what is going on you feel justified in taking someone to civil court?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Em2013

Wow.. and that is precisely why code enforcement is an absolute requirement in modern cities or anywhere people are living close together. Likewise, the fish and game laws this guy broke by fishing wherever, whenever and however the mood struck him.

No, you do NOT have the right to do whatever you like with your land when it adjoins others and your actions have direct material impact on those other people as well.

Your concern for the value of your property is has direct impact on your neighbors freedom to do what he wants with his garden!

In your example-
Your concern is the value of your property.
Your neighbors concern is growing healthy food.

Sorry wrabbit2000, but I know who I'd side with.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Montana
reply to post by qwerty12345

I can see you are all about the ME in this, so let me ask you this- How about MY right to be able to feed myself by fishing after unregulated fishing has killed all the fish in the lake? Where is my right, where is my freedom? Someone else has taken that away, haven't they? Don't I have a right to have MY freedoms protected?

I have seen the facilities built with licensing fees, I have seen the rivers and lakes re-stocked and habitat rebuilt with licensing fees. I have seen the fisheries demolished by poachers and I am here to tell you that I don't have any problem with the current license fees and seasons.

I concur with your stance Montana, and besides when a person buys a fishing licence included with it is a pamphlet/brochure with information as to which size fish and quantity you are allowed to take and during which periods, because there are reasons for this mode of protection which people need to be educated about.

So much info. ...

fwp.mt.gov...
edit on 21-11-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

There's a remedy for that...buy land, grown your own food and collect and purify water or rainwater for potable drinking water. Simple.

Not simple at all... To buy land you have to pay taxes, to grow your own food you have to comply with local rules and even capturing rain water is becoming problematic in some areas...

State Rainwater Harvesting Statutes, Programs and Legislation

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Panic2k11
reply to post by InTheLight

There's a remedy for that...buy land, grown your own food and collect and purify water or rainwater for potable drinking water. Simple.

Not simple at all... To buy land you have to pay taxes, to grow your own food you have to comply with local rules and even capturing rain water is becoming problematic in some areas...

State Rainwater Harvesting Statutes, Programs and Legislation

Yes, I recall reading that the U.S. will have problems with freshwater resources, and, once again, conservation is required. I presume with the ever growing population in the U.S.A. all natural resources are at risk.

I live in Canada and rainwater harvesting is promoted, not deterred.

www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca...

What is the problem with complying with rules? Some rules, not all, are in place for very good reasons.

Taxes are a sore point with me, in that, our governments never seem to be able to function within their means - or the means by which we are able give them.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I think if you were my neighbor and you wanted to build a halfpipe the size of your house and skate all day, I'd be all for defending your right to do it. It's your yard and you can do whatever you want to it, or at least that's how freedom is supposed to work. Say you call me an imbecile, I'll defend your right for saying it even if I don't agree to it and get offended. Freedom is freedom and you have the right to be annoyed and offended just like you have the right to defend yourself in situations that you do get annoyed or offended.

The noise from the ramp could be annoying (might be relaxing for me) but say it is annoying, I could build a wall between your yard and mine or something to buffer the sound, or play music, or talk to you about how we can better resolve this situation instead of having a nanny state decide for us what is best. Sure, I would be annoyed and I might have to pay extra to not be annoyed but freedom isn't free and we shouldn't let the government decide what we can't do on our own property (well, obviously if you start murdering people that's a different story haha).

There are curfew laws that try and stop people from having loud music at night, which is one of the few things I'll agree having in a neighborhood. I promise that I'll be a good neighbor and perform rocket tests during the day and not night time so you won't have to deal with 140db waking you up, but I'm kind like that =P Just let me grow crops if I want to because it's my property and I should be able to feed myself without having to rely on "the system".

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Arrested in Montana for fishing...

I thought Montana was all about that way of life??

The bears get to fish without permits.....or do they??

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

AbleEndangered

Are there bears?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

InTheLight

AbleEndangered

Are there bears?

Yes

Now, this might be the most crude closed-minded thing I have said in a while, but this is why New Yorkers should just stay in New York.

Alright, now that that's out. For real though, Maybe he has lived here long enough to be considered a resident so a fishing licenses is not expensive. Even for somebody from out of state they are still not very pricey.

What he fails to understand is that the money brought in from the purchasing of licenses go to helping upkeep the rivers and pay the people that do it. As well as other things that help keep this great state beautiful.

I guess if he doesn't want to help sustain our environment through the small cost of a license then he should be out there himself working to keep the rivers in good shape and out planting trees and managing wildlife.

What a fool.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Midyew

InTheLight

AbleEndangered

Are there bears?

Yes

Now, this might be the most crude closed-minded thing I have said in a while, but this is why New Yorkers should just stay in New York.

Alright, now that that's out. For real though, Maybe he has lived here long enough to be considered a resident so a fishing licenses is not expensive. Even for somebody from out of state they are still not very pricey.

What he fails to understand is that the money brought in from the purchasing of licenses go to helping upkeep the rivers and pay the people that do it. As well as other things that help keep this great state beautiful.

I guess if he doesn't want to help sustain our environment through the small cost of a license then he should be out there himself working to keep the rivers in good shape and out planting trees and managing wildlife.

What a fool.

Indeed, and we here are giving him too much attention.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
To actually think there's rights and freedoms in 1st world countries is asinine! There's an illusion of it. But there's no real freedoms, lets get real

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

spartacus699
To actually think there's rights and freedoms in 1st world countries is asinine! There's an illusion of it. But there's no real freedoms, lets get real

You certainly exercise your right to free speech.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join