It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana man arrested for fishing, states that "natural law" supersedes US courts.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

InTheLight
This Bible verse came to my mind...

“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. 13 The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

The fisherman's stance does not seem to include any type of care and protection for the fish stocks, or did I miss that?

What about Jesus rounding up the fish into Peters nets to the point of bursting? To the point where the ships were dangerously low in the water from all the weight?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

InTheLight

chiefsmom
I learned a lesson, that I still believe in today, from my grandmother.
When younger, I was staying with her, in late summer in the woods up north. It was dusk, and we heard a gunshot. Well, I knew it wasn't deer season, so I asked what they were hunting. She said deer. I said, isn't that illegal. She told me that yes, it was, but there was a lot of people up there that were poor, and that they were just putting food on the table.
She said that grandpa always got a license, because they could afford it because grandpa had a good job, but many others didn't have jobs. (very rural area.)
And it sure didn't decimate the deer population up there!

That stuck with me, so if your just taking one or two fish, to feed yourself, I'm fine with it. There are too many laws now, and it just keeps getting worse.

If it were only one person taking one to two fish every few days no problem...what if there are 50 or more people taking one to two fish every couple of days let's do the math.

That's why there is welfare and food banks/stamps within our society to help those that need it.

And since most of the population wouldn't dream of getting off their ass and fish, instead living on that dole, there's also no threat of it taking anything really significant.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I understand where you are coming from. However, If 300 million Americans all decided to fish and hunt at their free will, then there would be no fish or game. As it stands, taxpayer money builds reservoirs (lakes). Tax payer money stocks the lakes, rivers and streams with fish. Tax payer money goes towards management of the natural resources....etc...

What this guy did is no different than a "freeloader" living off welfare. He basically said "screw it", I'm going to take what I want without contributing. If he is hungry, then he needs to get off his lazy ass and find a job.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

chiefsmom
I learned a lesson, that I still believe in today, from my grandmother.
When younger, I was staying with her, in late summer in the woods up north. It was dusk, and we heard a gunshot. Well, I knew it wasn't deer season, so I asked what they were hunting. She said deer. I said, isn't that illegal. She told me that yes, it was, but there was a lot of people up there that were poor, and that they were just putting food on the table.
She said that grandpa always got a license, because they could afford it because grandpa had a good job, but many others didn't have jobs. (very rural area.)
And it sure didn't decimate the deer population up there!

That stuck with me, so if your just taking one or two fish, to feed yourself, I'm fine with it. There are too many laws now, and it just keeps getting worse.

I don't like the overpowering attitude of the guy on the video. I doubt if this guy couldn't afford to buy a fishing license. He is very rude to the judge and there is no need for that.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

That's about what I was going to say, except to add that it is also another way of keeping people dependent on the government or others, instead of themselves.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Fishing and hunting licenses are a form of taxation on those that engage in that activity. Yes you have the right to fish and hunt but your on the kings land and the king must receive tribute for catching his fish. There are rules and regulations in place to prevent over harvesting and size and catch limits to protect against taking pre-breeding stock.

Even though you have a God given right to fish, man, knowing mans greed and refusal to self regulate imposes a means in which to regulate those that otherwise would not regulate themselves. This man in Montana may in fact be one that would self regulate but no one knows that so a license is imposed to assure compliance.

He can scream and holler all he wants at the judge in the court but the simple fact remains, he was on the kings land and didn't pay his tribute (get a license). Looks like he will even get the chance to spend some quality time in the Kings hotel where you can check-in but you can't check-out.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

That's why there is welfare and food banks/stamps within our society to help those that need it.

Thats a load of bull, it helps minorities, and those that know how to work the system. According to North Carolina I get too much from the VA on disability to get EBT, and I get less then 1,500 a month. figure in rent, utilities, bills and child support, I MIGHT have enough to have mac n cheese and ramen for the month.

So no, youre incorrect, it doesnt help EVERYONE that needs it.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I didn't get to watch the video, I'm at work. If he is being an jerk, then he is stupid.
I know there is a fine line here. Greed will always get in the way, and that ruins it for everyone. Hubby and I can afford licenses, so we buy them. If we couldn't and needed to eat, we would not.
But then again, we have a conscience, without the entitlement attitude. Is that how he comes off? (attitude)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

What this guy did is no different than a "freeloader" living off welfare. He basically said "screw it", I'm going to take what I want without contributing. If he is hungry, then he needs to get off his lazy ass and find a job.

Easy to say that when there are no real jobs around to find, right?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Logarock

InTheLight

“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. 13 The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

The fisherman's stance does not seem to include any type of care and protection for the fish stocks, or did I miss that?

What about Jesus rounding up the fish into Peters nets to the point of bursting? To the point where the ships were dangerously low in the water from all the weight?

That was one event to feed how many people then? Unknown. With this situation we know the numbers. At least the scientists hope they know the numbers. What about taking diseases and natural population crashes into consideration. I seem to recall reading where the Dene (Canadian aboriginals in the high North) don't see caribou any more.
edit on 21-11-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

InTheLight

Logarock

InTheLight

That was one event to feed how many people then? Unknown. With this situation we know the numbers. At least the scientists hope they know the numbers.

You mean the feeding of 5000 with a few fish, or the 153 fish story. Not the same as I was referring to.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I agree but one person fishing to feed himself is not the problem, even the History channel has reported on this, it's commercial fishermen that are the problem. It's the hunter that takes only for the sport and a head on his mantle, not the truly hungry or the ones who actually eat their prey. I come from Hunters in my family and they always ate what they killed, one good sized deer can feed a family of four through the entire winter Just ONE!!! I know fishing it different, but if the man does catch a female with some ingenuity, he can keep her alive and breed her basically starting his own fishfarm. If you own your property, who is the government to tell you you can't fish off it? In Maryland, Florida, NJ, and PA, you can according to their laws (Though I don't know anybody with lakefront property in PA, but I'm sure there are) Those are only the places I know of, there's probably more states that have similar laws.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Listen if you haven't figured it out yet I'll try and explain something....

In school we're brainwashed into believing we have all these rights and freedoms. That's pretty typical in developed nations. But we don't. It's just an illusion to have us believe that places like Cdn and the Us are the most free countries in the world, when infact, nothing could be closer to the truth. The you es has the largest prison population in the world by far. It's far worse than Nazi germany with cdn not so far behind. But again we're brainwashed into actually beliving that we're living in free countires where people have rights and freedoms. It's BS

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Interesting food for thought.

To me, this case can't be more obvious that the law is written by those who would like to ensure that slaves shall remains slaves. Of course, there are those who are born willing slaves and will justify the need for a fishing license before one has the right to feed himself. These are the same people who, if brainwashed just rightly, would be more than happy to pay for a breathing license for the oxygen that they inhale.

To charge a man for foraging for food $500 or 6 months in jail, is nothing but absurd. Well, looks like taxpayers may have to foot the bill for his 6 months living expenses if he chooses not to pay the fines; and that's a lose-lose case scenario. A good, thinking judge would sympathize with his position to allow him to fish, but ask that he contributes in any small way he can to the preservation of fish and wildlife.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

pstrron
Fishing and hunting licenses are a form of taxation on those that engage in that activity. Yes you have the right to fish and hunt but your on the kings land and the king must receive tribute for catching his fish. There are rules and regulations in place to prevent over harvesting and size and catch limits to protect against taking pre-breeding stock.

Even though you have a God given right to fish, man, knowing mans greed and refusal to self regulate imposes a means in which to regulate those that otherwise would not regulate themselves. This man in Montana may in fact be one that would self regulate but no one knows that so a license is imposed to assure compliance.

He can scream and holler all he wants at the judge in the court but the simple fact remains, he was on the kings land and didn't pay his tribute (get a license). Looks like he will even get the chance to spend some quality time in the Kings hotel where you can check-in but you can't check-out.

I don't know what your government does with the fishing licence dollars, but here's what mine uses it for.

www.gofishbc.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Oh and did I see someone post about not being able to grow food on your land? Well hate to break this to ya, but AS long as I live I DON'T GIVE A DAMN about laws if they say I can't grow my own herbs and veggies and fruit. Or was it sarcasm? Sometimes it's hard to tell on a forum.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

HomerinNC
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Easy to say that when there are no real jobs around to find, right?

Could say the same thing about welfare recipients; yet, they get bashed as freeloaders, lazy, drug users, etc...

If such labels apply to welfare recipients, then it should apply to those that selfishly steal the taxpayers natural resources. You can't have it both ways. It's hypocrisy to say any different.
edit on 21-11-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
People like that would be a lot easier to take seriously if they didn't, almost to the last example, end up in ranting and raving yelling fits. It just makes a normal person think he needs mental health professionals a WHOLE lot more than he needs a creek to fish in. Montana does have the very best and very worst of people to offer, no doubt there.

Yeah I'd have just plead guilty and settled on a payment schedule, some courts let you do that and then don't pay it...when they come and ask why I'd simply say "I just don't have the money" After awhile they'll set you up with community service. That's what they do here. But sometimes when you're a jerk they forgo the community service and give you jail for the unpaid fine. Guess we know which he'd be doing. There's no call to be a jerk. I didn't watch video cause I have no speakers and absolutely abhor the earphones, so.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Well, if you turn your residential plot into a small urban farm....expect to spend the rest of your life in and out of civil court or until your property is seized to make good on the judgements you'll be racking up on a regular basis.

As I noted earlier? If one of my neighbors got extreme about it like some examples that were cited, I'd be bringing code enforcement into it myself and if that didn't get the green thumb to control themselves, I would take their sorry butts into civil court next.

People *DO NOT* have the "right" to do whatever they want when those actions directly impact others. It's the whole basis of law and the very reason ANY law is needed within a society. I'll be HAPPY to help educate a neighbor about those fine points in where their rights END and mine BEGIN ...if it's not self evident already. An urban farm is an outstanding example when it's not zoned or allowed for.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Logarock

InTheLight

Logarock

InTheLight

That was one event to feed how many people then? Unknown. With this situation we know the numbers. At least the scientists hope they know the numbers.

You mean the feeding of 5000 with a few fish, or the 153 fish story. Not the same as I was referring to.

How big was Peter's net? What were the dimensions of the boat? Too many variables and it may be a tall tale at that.
edit on 21-11-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join