It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana man arrested for fishing, states that "natural law" supersedes US courts.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

If it was fedral land then the goverment.

Everyone has the right to own land even the goverment, and one should obey the rules of the land owner.

I would be pissed if someone came on MY land and hunted or fished on it without my permission.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

When the judge noted that he had pleaded not guilty, Terteltge countered, "I never plead, animals plead, sounds like baaaa, oink oink."

About blew coffee through my nose laughing when I read the above quote in the OP!

There was a similar encounter on the issue in the state where I live some years back. The final decision was based on that the state spends tax dollars and fees acquired from various licencing to help maintain various stocks of fish in public lakes. This therefore gave the state the right to require fees and permits to use them.

In a way, this makes sense... but still and all, the 'baaaa, oink oink' finds a good fit, lol!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

This is priceless!
We the people, have a spokesman...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

redoubt

There was a similar encounter on the issue in the state where I live some years back. The final decision was based on that the state spends tax dollars and fees acquired from various licencing to help maintain various stocks of fish in public lakes. This therefore gave the state the right to require fees and permits to use them.

He said he was not under the jurisdiction of the state.

The Right of a free man to eat, common law, he hurt no one, these state make all these statues not law, it about money.

This was good.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This man is right. He's not a bum and whatever else some of you are calling him. Such sheep in this world...

I haven't bought hunting or fishing licenses for years, and I will not ever buy them. Most of that money does not go back into conservation, at least not here where I live it doesn't. They just keep buying vehicles and other stuff with it. When I hunt and fish on my land, it's my business and no one elses. Now I can understand if I wanted to go hunting on federal land, or whatever, that I'd have to get a license. The US government just keep on coming up with ways to steal more money off of taxpayers. It's disgusting. They're trying to conme up with a way to make people get a 'ramp' permit to dig ramps here in the mountains every spring. My family has been digging them for hundreds of years for food. I dig every year. I will not pay for a license to dig them. Will not. The idiots who are digging truck loads for profit are the ones who need to be stripped from ever coming here again. I'm sure the government will figure out some way to stick their fingers in our pockets. I hope when they do that the people revolt against them.

If you're wondering what ramps are, they are a green onion/garlic-like plant that grows in the mountains every spring. Damn, they're good. Ramps, beans, taters, cornbread. I might have to get a jar out this weekend.
edit on 25-11-2013 by Fylgje because: to add

And I forgot to mention, not only is it quite expensive to hunt or fish because of what the government wants, but for a while now, these 'hunting/fishing clubs have popped up everywhere requiring people to pay them a bunch of money every year just to do it on leased land so that they can line their pockets off people who want to hunt & fish, so we have leeches sticking their hands in our pockets from all directions. It's ridiculous. And some of these hunting/fishing clubs have armed gaurds, trolling all the time, trying to catch someone on that property. There's places that people have hunted and fished on for years for free, that now are expected to pay money to do it. I guess these parasites want everyone else to pay their ATV, camper, light bill payments. I won't.
edit on 25-11-2013 by Fylgje because: to add yet again

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

crazyewok

Everyone has the right to own land even the goverment, and one should obey the rules of the land owner.

I would be pissed if someone came on MY land and hunted or fished on it without my permission.

Ohhh... ok. Well I guess you're right. I was trying to look out for a fellow American, who may just so happen to live out in the woods and isnt used to that sort of thing happening to him. Now I'm going to look for a few other Americans property and show you how HE felt.

You're going to want to remove that profile pic and come into compliance with the intellectual property owners wishes according to US law. That image belongs to someone and Id be pissed if someone used my IP on forum without my permission. Sound fair? Great! I'm glad we agree! Please remove the image sir, tyvm.
(Not a choice btw please remove the image unless you have consent to use it) weeeeee! Us law is amazing. "Jolly Rogers" indeed.

We can all be as nice or as buttholish as we wish cant we. I say the man was fishing, he didnt mean any harm and its not worth messin' with the man in terms of court fees, the judges salary, nor her honors time or frustration, nor worth the time of the ranger or police to pursue any charges over a 10-20 dollar fee. It costs the state of Montana way more to deal with a man trying to fish for food, than it does to leave him alone. Since he didn't get that consideration from you, you don't get it from me either. Now, please remove the image or present your permission to use.
edit on 25-11-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Nephalim
Since he didnt get that consideration from you, you dont get it from me either. Now, please remove the image or present your permission to use.

Take that up with the mods.

Plus I live in the UK, so I say
to US law.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

crazyewok

Nephalim
Since he didnt get that consideration from you, you dont get it from me either. Now, please remove the image or present your permission to use.

Take that up with the mods.

Plus I live in the UK, so I say
to US law.

Well he lives in the woods, on American property and he says
to US law.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Nephalim

to US law.

And thats the key on American property.

Fact is would you like it if someone broke into your backyard to pick fruit or fish ect?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

crazyewok

Nephalim

to US law.

Fact is would you like it if someone broke into your backyard to pick fruit or fish ect?

And you have that image up sir which is also American property. You're using private property right now without permission. Take the image down please.

***Note to mods and everyone viewing this thread. Poster has not removed the image after he was asked repeatedly to do so, and HE himself, insists that he... should.***

Is he acting according to natural law? he enjoys the image, he does not have written permission to use it, but he has acted according to his own nature and has displayed the image to his enjoyment despite of US law and someone else literally informing him of it.

Note again, the image is still up and he still refuses to comply.
I present to you the living man. See his post below and those above.
edit on 25-11-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Nephalim

And you have that image up sir which is also American property. You're using private property right now without permission. Take the image down please.

Are you a mod? Are you a site owner? Do you work for Lucasfilm? Do you work for the british police (American police have no juridiction over me)?

If not you have no authrority over me

Plus you evdaded queation. Would you like it if someone broke into your property and used your services? Would you hold the right to protect your property?
edit on 25-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

crazyewok

In the US, the federal land belongs to The People. It is Ours, not theirs.

I am not familiar with UK law, but instead of federal land, would it be "The Crown" that owns it? If so, then it would make sense the confusion you have here. We don't have a crown. Different system.

That man was fishing on Our land, not the government (and not his). I think to resolve this we would need to introduce a framework by which a person would have a viable claim to the fish they caught. Essentially, that they were not making commercial use, or making waste. Not sure how that would happen...but to me that is the essence of what should happen.

Since it belongs to The People, and it is Ours, then it is also part his.
I am unsure why he would not have a right to utilize his own stuff.

Its tricky, to be sure. But the core of American ideals is what is at stake here. That we are free, given rights by our creator. The Government is continuing the concept of "The Kings fish and game" with their licensing antics.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Nephalim

crazyewok

Nephalim

to US law.

May I interject to point out that you are being unnecessarily obtuse?

If the crux of your argument relates to your misunderstanding of "Fair Use", and you demanding action on property that is not yours, then you are just being a troll. It looks dumb enough that I am embarrassed for you.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

I am not familiar with UK law, but instead of federal land, would it be "The Crown" that owns it? If so, then it would make sense the confusion you have here. We don't have a crown. Different system.

Yes that is correct, I think Prince Charles pretty much owns Cornwall.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

That man was fishing on Our land, not the government (and not his). I think to resolve this we would need to introduce a framework by which a person would have a viable claim to the fish they caught. Essentially, that they were not making commercial use, or making waste. Not sure how that would happen...but to me that is the essence of what should happen.

Since it belongs to The People, and it is Ours, then it is also part his.
I am unsure why he would not have a right to utilize his own stuff.

Its tricky, to be sure. But the core of American ideals is what is at stake here. That we are free, given rights by our creator. The Government is continuing the concept of "The Kings fish and game" with their licensing antics.

I see your point. The land is paid for by the people, so he has some right. But not total right in my opinion. Which in my opinion what hunting liecences are for, to keep the parks and lakes in good condition for the million of other who want to use. Or like you said some sort of viable claim or fair ussage policy.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

OneManArmy

Yes that is correct, I think Prince Charles pretty much owns Cornwall.

Pffftt let him have it its a crap place

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
People have the right to eat. Period. No grey area.

People fish without licenses, so what? You think people are going to eat up all the fish? Some fish lay thousands of eggs a year. That's per fish. Get real.

The people who claim "leave some fish for us tax payers" you're an idiot, grow up. You go to the store, buy pre-filleted fish(that isn't even from this country) and put it in the oven for twenty minutes.

This guy probably catches, scales, guts, cooks his own food over an open fire.

Everyone has the right to eat, and no one has the right to tell someone they can't catch fish out of nature to eat and survive.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

For the most part I abide by and agree with the game requirements in my state. The line I draw is my property. I will hunt my own property how I see fit. I provide foot, salt, and water for migrating herds. I am part of the grand scheme of conservation.

In all actuality, you can oftentimes get the state to fund the digging of a water tank. If you live near migratory bird routes, you can get help creating water tanks for their use. It helps you with land game, as well as being a tank you can stock with fish.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Vortiki
People have the right to eat. Period. No grey area.

People fish without licenses, so what? You think people are going to eat up all the fish? Some fish lay thousands of eggs a year. That's per fish. Get real.

The people who claim "leave some fish for us tax payers" you're an idiot, grow up. You go to the store, buy pre-filleted fish(that isn't even from this country) and put it in the oven for twenty minutes.

This guy probably catches, scales, guts, cooks his own food over an open fire.

Everyone has the right to eat, and no one has the right to tell someone they can't catch fish out of nature to eat and survive.

Thank you very much.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

If a hungry man needed to pick fruit from my trees or fish off my land to feed himself I would not have a problem with that. The land he was on was public land, in America public land is supposed to be for everyone. (though with the Government shutdown and closing of public lands it does make me and many other ATS members wonder what the puppet masters are planning)

Even if he fished everyday, he would not come close to putting a dent in the fish population on even a small lake. His arrest was unnecessary and in my opinion unjust.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join