It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana man arrested for fishing, states that "natural law" supersedes US courts.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Lest anyone begin to understand that our rights come from God (or if you dont believe in God, occur naturally), the media is right there to provide an establishment headline:

Manhattan man in court for fishing without license, resisting arrest.

Terteltge argued that the court did not have the authority to charge him, citing "natural law."

He told the judge, "You are trying to create a fictitious, fraudulent action." He continued, "I am the living man, protected by natural law."

When the judge noted that he had pleaded not guilty, Terteltge countered, "I never plead, animals plead, sounds like baaaa, oink oink."

Does this man have a God given or natural right to feed himself in "violation" of State law, in this case a "license" to fish, I mean eat?

What purpose does a fishing license serve? Some type of animal population control or is it simply another way for the State to exert control over the sheeple, another means of extracting money?

Even though he's right, he may still be stripped of his freedom.

Rights occur naturally or come from God. NO State grants us our rights, our freedoms.

The Constitution is there to ensure that our government's MAIN role is to PROTECT these rights.

A friend of Tertelgte's told us that he and the others came to court to enforce the Constitution.

William Wolf said, "it's we the people that run this and rule this country, not we the courts, not we the government, and if the people don't start standing up for themselves and for each other, we are going to continue being subjects of this government."

edit on 21-11-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Dont forget, Montana was home to the Freemen.

They rejected Federal Reserve notes, issued arrest warrants and were following law based on their own common laws and the Uniform Commercial Code.

edit on 21-11-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It seems complicated when you ask "officials" why a license is needed, they will explain, overfishing, problems with keeping a balance with the local eco chain and tell you that the cost associated with getting a license help conservation efforts.

It gets a lot simpler when you see a hungry man fishing for his dinner. It's obviously a natural right to fish.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I hope they throw the book at him. What book? "Trout Fishing in America" en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
People like that would be a lot easier to take seriously if they didn't, almost to the last example, end up in ranting and raving yelling fits. It just makes a normal person think he needs mental health professionals a WHOLE lot more than he needs a creek to fish in. Montana does have the very best and very worst of people to offer, no doubt there.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

What purpose does a fishing license serve? Some type of animal population control or is it simply another way for the State to exert control over the sheeple, another means of extracting money?

Of course it is all about control and making money.

Every year the hunting regulations book gets thicker and the fines get steeper. Game wardens have more authority than the cops and can pull you over, search your car, person, house, whatever with no warrant or anything.

I'm sure they will jail him since the guy obviously has no money to pay a fine. I think you are much more likely to go to jail the poorer you are. The the prison industrial complex that has developed in this country would agree i think.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So...if I have a boat and a few harpoons, I can go kill all the humpback whales I want?
Man has to eat. If I got all those bastards I could preserve it and never never have to hunt or fish again!

Thanks God!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I foresee a day where government controls all of the food. If you can control the food, you can control the people.

We see folks getting fined outrageous amounts for growing their own food on their "own" land. We see folks getting fined for hunting and fishing when NOBODY really owns the fish or wildlife. You have to pay the government to hunt and fish, so either way big brother has their hand in the cookie jar.

It isn't about anything other than the government eventually being your sole source of nourishment in one form or the other IMO.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
We see folks getting fined outrageous amounts for growing their own food on their "own" land.

We do? care to show us these "outrageous amounts" in fines?

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

hellobruce

Kangaruex4Ewe
We see folks getting fined outrageous amounts for growing their own food on their "own" land.

We do? care to show us these "outrageous amounts" in fines?

Sure....

www.theblaze.com...

www.csmonitor.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

eatdrinkbetter.com...

I guess we could argue semantics and classify "outrageous amounts" differently. There are more if you want to search for them.
edit on 11/21/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

The fines are serious but so is what they did. Having a little veggie garden in the back of a large fenced yard is one thing. Turning your residential lot into a small urban farm is quite another.

Frankly, I'll turn to code enforcement personally if someone on my street does something like a few of those examples did. They have the right to eat but I also have the right to my property value for all I've put into this home and land for my quality of life. They have no right to damage that for their own personal interests.

It's a very serious issue of two competing priorities and the whole reason we need code departments in the first place. Some people just give no thought or care, in any way, to those around them or what their actions may do to directly impact others.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This Bible verse came to my mind...

“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. 13 The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

The fisherman's stance does not seem to include any type of care and protection for the fish stocks, or did I miss that?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I really don't like the concept of not being able to do what you like on your own property. Perhaps if value is taken into consideration (which is silly to base value on such a thing), then you could devalue property value of a front-yard because you have to keep it up to code according to what your neighbors want. Land is land, if you "own" it, you should be able to do whatever you like and let nature take its course. If someone breaks your bright neon lights that you installed in your front yard, that's the consequence you'll have to face.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Wow.. and that is precisely why code enforcement is an absolute requirement in modern cities or anywhere people are living close together. Likewise, the fish and game laws this guy broke by fishing wherever, whenever and however the mood struck him.

No, you do NOT have the right to do whatever you like with your land when it adjoins others and your actions have direct material impact on those other people as well.

If I move in next to you and say..MY passion is skateboarding. Should I be able to build a half pipe taller than my single story home and across a good portion of my yard to let you listen to the skaters run up and down, day and night? If someone can convert a residential property into a garden, why not my skate park? It's NO different in principle of using my land for what I choose with total disregard to how it damages the quality of life to others.

As someone else noted on this specific story though, the guy doesn't seem to have given a hoot about fish stocks or anything else. He just figures he's SO special, all the fish of Gallatin County are his personal meals, just waiting for him to snatch them up and cook them. However many he can grab......and I hope the man grabs himself some serious penalty for the attitude. I'd rather like to HAVE some fish left for future generations. In a nation as populous as ours, that CAN be destroyed within a generation....just as the Buffalo once were by the millions and in a VERY short period of time.

link   

Actually it's so that we don't decrease the population of the fish to being an over fished country which happened in the early times of the USA. However if they're fishing to eat that is not the problem, the commercial fisherman are the ones who caused over fishing. Same with hunting except change Commercial with game hunters (ones that do it for sport as opposed to eating).

In our state here we are allowed to fish and hunt on our property without licensing...as well as in PA. Because of the agriculture laws. Growers can kill deer rodents rabbits moles whatever's eating their things they can also let family members do it, or friends the fishing is also allowed but for what purpose I have no clue, but if you own it, it's free roam that's life here.
edit on 21-11-2013 by ldyserenity because: Add

link   
Im oringialy from PA And there we had trout, bass,wallie, crapie , Muskey -and Pike Stocked in rivers and creeks and lakes .Stocked by who you may ask? The state of Pa Now ovesly buying fish from hatchers and stocking them cost money quite a bit of money as they The state Loved to show off about how great they did this and stocked what we called grandfather fish (or breeders ) OOO 25 inch trout 6 -12 pound bass.
well you get the idea .
They did this because the state was smarter then any one here will ever admit to . stock A few really big fish and every one loves you and is more then happy to pay for the privlige of there accutly being fish to get.
Now without this these stocked fish lakes would be fished out in days .In my whole life of fishing I only ever seen one (count that ONE Native trout (in the deleware river ) Easy to spot as they are very very much darker then farm raised fish.
So you like fishing do you? Then yes we need restrictions on sizes and amounts >So you love to hunt?
Well there were elk throught out most of the US states lass then a 100 years agaio .Now they are so rare that almost no hunting is alowed and in many states they are none any more .
This is result of over hunting and no controles and pochers Yea YOU! The state has been working towards reinterducing these animals in many places for 20 years now and if left alone to repoplate in a 100 years your grand childre4n may once again see these animals were they live.
Wile the goverment tends to nit pick our life .A few things they do Are good and do benfite US all.
Hunt o yes I love wild game .Fish O yes I love the tast of freashly cought fish Cooked right on the river bank.
But I for one KNOW it takes BIG fish to make little fish Big elk to make little elk. So wile you atke home that stringer full of bass and a 100 other guys do the same (you wont have to wonder why theres no bass the next time you go.Or maybe you could just buy a permite that helps pay to restock the fish? Hummm?
In my whole life I relised 9 out of 10 fish I got And never kept a female YET.
All thouse HUGE fat bass mounted on the walls here in florida ARE FEMALE and every ONE had a 1000 Eggs THAT DIED with her . You like to fish through the fat ones back .Keep the males One male will love 100 females wile one female cant repoplate a river.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The guy should just buy a license. The money usually goes to help support the agencies that manage the fish and wildlife so they don't disappear. I don't fish without a license. Since I was sixteen I had a Michigan license all but the last two years. I don't agree with all the regulations of the DNR but if there were no rules, there would be no deer or fish in this country, people would have overfished and overhunted everything into extinction.

The guy got caught and is trying to get people on his side. If he doesn't believe he needs to follow this rule he probably believes no rules apply to him and he would probably use illegal fishing techniques and take way over the limit. Good thing most people follow these rules, otherwise I would be dangling a worm in a fishless stream.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This freeloader needs to get a real job and stop stealing the taxpayers natural resources.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I learned a lesson, that I still believe in today, from my grandmother.
When younger, I was staying with her, in late summer in the woods up north. It was dusk, and we heard a gunshot. Well, I knew it wasn't deer season, so I asked what they were hunting. She said deer. I said, isn't that illegal. She told me that yes, it was, but there was a lot of people up there that were poor, and that they were just putting food on the table.
She said that grandpa always got a license, because they could afford it because grandpa had a good job, but many others didn't have jobs. (very rural area.)
And it sure didn't decimate the deer population up there!

That stuck with me, so if your just taking one or two fish, to feed yourself, I'm fine with it. There are too many laws now, and it just keeps getting worse.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

chiefsmom
I learned a lesson, that I still believe in today, from my grandmother.
When younger, I was staying with her, in late summer in the woods up north. It was dusk, and we heard a gunshot. Well, I knew it wasn't deer season, so I asked what they were hunting. She said deer. I said, isn't that illegal. She told me that yes, it was, but there was a lot of people up there that were poor, and that they were just putting food on the table.
She said that grandpa always got a license, because they could afford it because grandpa had a good job, but many others didn't have jobs. (very rural area.)
And it sure didn't decimate the deer population up there!

That stuck with me, so if your just taking one or two fish, to feed yourself, I'm fine with it. There are too many laws now, and it just keeps getting worse.

If it were only one person taking one to two fish every few days no problem...what if there are 50 or more people taking one to two fish every couple of days let's do the math.

That's why there is welfare and food banks/stamps within our society to help those that need it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join