It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before The Pharaohs: The Evidence for Advanced Civilisation in Egypt’s Mysterious Prehistory

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

that area is pretty baren

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

8675309jenny
Another interesting thought is that our current society is trending toward making things recycleable and biodegradable. (the latest clear plastic soda bottles are made from plant material) Eventually I am sure we will be digging up the landfills and processing the contents into their various metals / whatever else is leftover after decomposition into methane.

If previous advanced civilizations have gone down the same path, it's conceivable that they may have removed a lot of their own fossil record.

Have you seen how much plastic there is in the oceans?

(Everytime you eat seafood or fish, you are eating plastic (!) )

That plastic will be in the geological record forever.

We know that no plastic using civiliation like our own has existed for at least 3,500,000,000 years

Mines and quarries will also survive in the geological record for at least millions of years.

Of course, that does not mean that non-plastic and non-metal and non-stone using civilisations may have occurred in the past. Perhaps they buit everything out of leaves?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

AndyMayhew

We know that no plastic using civiliation like our own has existed for at least 3,500,000,000 years

Mines and quarries will also survive in the geological record for at least millions of years.

Of course, that does not mean that non-plastic and non-metal and non-stone using civilisations may have occurred in the past. Perhaps they buit everything out of leaves?

Yes. It is true that previous civilizations on earth have NOT used petroleum and plastic. It is a hallmark of the current civilization.

Previous civilizations used metal, stone, and natural products like wood etc.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
We already know who built the pyramids and when.

We know the language. They left records. We also know and can date the geology.
We know who built what when.
There's very little "mysteries of the pyramids" nonsense.

You kid. If not, put down that crack pipe.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

HomerinNC
reply to post by guitarmayne

Then why do we have dino bones millions of years old?

ETA: I dont discount this, everyone knows I pretty much subscribe to all the way out theories out there. I know there is more out there then we know, and alot of it forgotten or suppressed.

What I want is some evidence we can tell these hardliners about history they are WRONG
edit on 11/21/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

they aren't exactly "bones", if no one has told you yet.

i can go with the age in the op.
i never believed the AE's built the big ones, or the spinx.

they might have made the little ones and the failed ones, trying to copy, i bet.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

TheComte

vandorius
According to Wikipedia the grat piramid of Giza was built in 20 years. There are 2.3 milion blocks.
So they quarried transported and set on place a cube every five minutes day and night for 20 years to complete it!

Damn thats some fast building

One current theory suggests the blocks were formed with a primitive concrete by mixing limestone, water, clay and lime.

www.livescience.com...

They found that the tiniest structures within the inner and outer casing stones were indeed consistent with a reconstituted limestone. The cement binding the limestone aggregate was either silicon dioxide (the building block of quartz) or a calcium and magnesium-rich silicate mineral.

ever pour concrete? or use plaster of paris?

it takes time to set up and dry.

that idea just doesn't sound feasible at all.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

I agree. These are natural stone blocks, quarried and shaped.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

GargIndia

I can make you see the past by a sort of hypnotism (I am using the word hypnotism for a lack of words in English). The soul has great powers which can be activated by certain methods.

Interesting! but do you tell the person what they are going to see, if so that is suggestion and it is hypnotism...you can hypnotise a person to believe they are a chicken and they will walk around pecking the ground for seeds to eat. You can also hypnotise a person to see a past life and they will tell you all kinds of stuff, most of which can be proven to be false.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I know more than that - like physical evidence of ancient cities which still lies buried deep underground.

However the current rulers of earth will not let people know the truth, even if its evidence is presented.

So we keep quiet.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Sure, but you could pour many blocks at one time, and have them ready a year in advance, or whatever time frame. If that's your attempt to debunk the science, well, it was weak.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

TheComte

Sure, but you could pour many blocks at one time, and have them ready a year in advance, or whatever time frame.

And then drag them up the pyramid - exactly as you would have done with a solid stone block, thus turning all the work of crushing the stone, mixing the cement, building the forms and pouring the cast - as well as waiting for the cement to set - into an enormous waste of time.

Harte

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I'm not saying that was the way it was built but no you would not cast them and lift them. The base of the pyramid is huge, it would take probably a year just to cast the base blocks. If you worked in a clockwise direction then by the time you completed the first blocks and got back to the starting block say a year had passed. Thats one year that block has been curing in the hot Egyptian sun. Now you simply cast the next layer of blocks on top of the cured blocks and again go in a clockwise direction...keep doing this until you get to the top. Obviously the higher up you go the smaller the cross section so the faster. Half way up the pyramid you would be completing one layer in say six months.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

According to vedic text Maya Danava (Asura Maya) built underground palaces in India, Maya himself was an engineer who survived the flood and traveled to South India. The technology they had was largely based on the "sound" of metals. Also the use of crystals and how geometric structures interact with the energy of the sun and Earth.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
We already know who built the pyramids and when.

Read about Pharaoh Djoser and his grand magician/physician/architect Imhotep who built the very first Step pyramid by stacking consecutive Mastabas on top of each other at Saqqara.

Mastabas were the traditional tomb design at the time and Imhotep took it a step further.

Later, we have Pharoah Sneferu who built not just one pyramid but 3 of them through a trial and error learning experience.
His first pyramid at Midian collapsed.
His second pyramid required correction midway through, which resulted in the Bent Pyramid.
His final and Third pyramid finally got it right with the Red Pyramid which was Egypts first TRUE and proper pyramid.

We know the language. They left records. We also know and can date the geology.
We know who built what when.
There's very little "mysteries of the pyramids" nonsense.

Great info\. I haven't heard the word Imhotep, so I was trying to figure out the acronym and came up with: in my humble opinion the Egyptian pharaoh. Come to find out it was an Egyptian polymath and that was his name. LOL.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Not saying the theory is 100% true. What controversial theory is ever accepted by mainstream scientists? But the fact remains, some of the blocks appear to be quarried while others appear to be cast.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Do you have any pictures, and results of chemical analysis?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Just a thought but isn't it possible that the Great Pyramids were created before the others? The other pharaohs could have just been copying the greater pyramids...

Again, just a thought.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

There seems to be two periods - the first one when large pyramids were built involving electric cutting machines; and the second one with manual methods.

The older pyramids used better technology including granite outer surface polished very well using machines.

The newer pyramids had no granite outer surface. The technology deteriorated.

The most plausible explanation is influx of an ET race that arrived with its machines in that area of North Africa. They set up the political systems over a few centuries, and used their devices to build their temples and mausoleums.

That technology perished with time, but the traditions continued.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join