It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before The Pharaohs: The Evidence for Advanced Civilisation in Egypt’s Mysterious Prehistory

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

guitarmayne
reply to post by HomerinNC

36,000+ years is more than enough to dissolve and decompose any building on Earth. Let alone a coke can

A building? Yes. A Coke can? Yes. Michael Jackson's face?... That'll still be here in 36,000 years.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

grandmakdw
Great read! Thanks.

I seem to recall there is evidence of an ancient nuclear explosion in the desert of Libya.

Libyan Desert Glass has been proposed as evidence for this.

But in reality, it was probably formed by a cometary impact 28 million years ago

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Xaphan

guitarmayne
reply to post by HomerinNC

36,000+ years is more than enough to dissolve and decompose any building on Earth. Let alone a coke can

A building? Yes. A Coke can? Yes. Michael Jackson's face?... That'll still be here in 36,000 years.

Aye, even longer than that! Whatever else befalls us and the Earth, the anthropocene will be detectable by geologists in millions of years time by the presence of tiny fragments of plastic deposited in sedimentary rocks all over the planet.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Lengthy read, worth it though. I truly believe that we have a hidden history/s; likewise I truly believe that there are people on our planet that have covered, where possible, the evidence of this.

if modern man has been here for 150,000+ years...... are you really trying to tell me we spent 149,500+ years doing naff all. blinkered minds could only rationalise this.

civilizations have been and gone. Its an exciting time to be alive, they are finding it harder and harder to hide these things.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

guitarmayne

HomerinNC
Gonna play devils advocate here for a second...
If it were true, wouldnt we have found evidence of a past civilization?
I mean hell, we have dino bones millions of years old, insects preserved in amber, caveman bones, but not one coke can from this past civilization??

36,000 years is more than enough time to decompose and dissolve a building into nothing. Let alone a coke can

Then if the Pyramids were from that time, they would be dissolved into nothing following your logic. That means they are much more recent.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Ive thought about since I was a child and more recently realized that plenty of man made thigns would oxidize over the course of a million years, but stone city layouts would be easy to detect and plastic/copper wiring, plus things like titanium stainless steel, nickel, gold, carbon composites. There would be a huge fossil record of things like this.

The only other explanation would be perhaps there was an enormous meteor strike (like the one that created the moon) and it made the majority of earths surface turn molten again for a few thousand years which would have consumed and melted everything.

Such an event would have nearly started the evolutionary clock all over again though.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
My brother and I had this conversation years ago while fixing a broken path light in front of his house.

The idea was sparked when we figured out why the light was not functioning. Fire ants were the culprit, but that wasn't the surprising part. What had us puzzling was that the entire bulb was gone. Not broken within the light fixture - gone, every piece of glass - the electrodes - everything. It was as if there was never a bulb there in the first place.

What really made it interesting was that the light went dark about 3 weeks before. In 3 weeks time, the fire ants broke the bulb and removed it. That got us talking.

Initially, we discussed the power of nature. Not just the hurricanes, tsunamis, volcanos and tornados - but the relentless application of forces both great and small that affect change over short and long periods. Wood rots, metal oxidizes, concrete turns to powder - the only thing that lasts is stone, and it merely withstands the force longer.

Eventually, we discussed how it might be possible for civilizations such as ours to disappear. One might think that we've created structures that stand the test of time - but our perception of time is so vastly minuscule in comparison to the totality of time that we may as well consider everything temporary - regardless of how heartily it was constructed. I've seen 20 year old auto frames in the desert that were barely distinguishable. Another 20 years and they'll probably be a dusty red spot on the ground.

Think about it - what would happen to our wondrous infrastructure if everything went to hell tomorrow? People scavenging for food, fuel, building materials, and weapons would render the existing infrastructure to nothing in short order. Cars would be cannibalized for their parts to fix other cars, metal for tools and weapons. The electric grid would be stripped for its metals and the poles burned for fuel. Our flimsy stick houses would quickly fall into disrepair and be stripped of their valuable materials. Your brick home is built to last? Think again - modern brick homes have a 3 inch facade - the rest is just sticks.

Someone earlier questioned why we haven't found a coke can from an earlier civilization. I've seen 10 year old coke cans, exposed to the elements, oxidize to the point that they tear like paper. And who's to say that earlier civilizations also fell into the same habits of making disposable things.

My grandpa owned a construction company and would tell stories of government contracts to collect uranium found in thin sheets a few feet below the surface. They would strip the top layers of earth back, then scrape up the layer of uranium. In this form it was supposed to be safe - but one of my uncles was born with some serious issues. Anyway, I often wondered how it came to be deposited like that. Maybe an explosion of some type spread it about in a layer - like fallout?

Personally, I believe we've been here before - possibly many times. Through natural disaster or their own hand, they disappeared and now it's our turn. We should be recording our history on stone if we want our story told accurately. Maybe that's what the chamber behind Mount Rushmore was supposed to be used for. Maybe all of the talk of the deep underground military bases is wrong - maybe they're mining for history.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

grandmakdw
Great read! Thanks.

I seem to recall there is evidence of an ancient nuclear explosion in the desert of Libya.

It is possible that a far distant civilization used a Tesla like method to generate electricity. Rose to a civilization similar to ours today. Like today they could have had a nuclear war and the resulting fallout (both ash and radioactivity) destroyed the civilization, sending man back to caveman status and decimating the population.

All that was left were "myths and legends" after being passed by generations with each successive generation embellishing so that in the end the myths and legends look very little like the truth. Much like the gossip game of today where a circle of people start a sentence and whisper the sentence in each persons ear successively and the end result is nothing like the original sentence.

This scenario is not too far off from where the status of the middle east is today, threatening nuclear war. History does repeat itself you know. If Iran follows through on it's threat to annihilate Israel and Israel retaliates, then add Fukishima and world wide economic collapse to the current scenario and you have the recipe of near total annihilation of the population back to cave man status.

Who knows, maybe Obama and the other world leaders know this is coming, maybe along with a problem with either the sun or an incoming asteroid. So they are printing money like there is no tomorrow and living high on the hog (off the "scraps" of money taken from the little people) because there is quite possibly no tomorrow for our current civilization.

This scenario has played many many times on earth.

Catastrophic wars and natural calamities have decimated civilization and than man started again.

The current man in his ego and vanity thinks he has 'invented' all the modern devices. This is obviously false.

Science has been developed on earth many times and airplanes have flown and ships have parted the oceans.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I hate that you got to the Devil's Advocate slot before me.

HomerinNC
Then why do we have dino bones millions of years old?

There were lots and lots of dinosaurs. The bones of every one are not left behind for the finding.

HomerinNC
What I want is some evidence we can tell these hardliners about history they are WRONG

Here's the cool thing about that. Make an archaeological discovery, and watch how fast the government comes and takes possession of it ... to hand off to the 'experts.' "They" are in control ... and they will continue to control the storyline.

The OP's source document references Christopher Dunn. I've read part of one of his books. I liked that it, in that it discredited TPTB's knowledge of the actual history of these monuments. Were the pyramids power plants? Who knows?

Did the Egyptians build these things ... or just take credit for doing it? I believe the latter ... and I believe that very strongly. The full design of that building is not documented well (as claimed). There are things the primitive Egyptians missed ... and the modern day's archaeologist's attempts to leave those 'devils in the details' out of their explanations is a glaring evidence that they got their stories wrong before they went to their publishers.

It's going to be a great long while before any "truth" about the origins of the Great Pyramid of Egypt finds its way into the text books. It's all guess work and soft science.

S&F for the OP and other contributors. Wish I could give you more Homer.

-Cheers

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

GargIndia

grandmakdw
Great read! Thanks.

It is possible that a far distant civilization used a Tesla like method to generate electricity. Rose to a civilization similar to ours today. Like today they could have had a nuclear war and the resulting fallout (both ash and radioactivity) destroyed the civilization, sending man back to caveman status and decimating the population.

All that was left were "myths and legends" after being passed by generations with each successive generation embellishing so that in the end the myths and legends look very little like the truth. Much like the gossip game of today where a circle of people start a sentence and whisper the sentence in each persons ear successively and the end result is nothing like the original sentence.

This scenario is not too far off from where the status of the middle east is today, threatening nuclear war. History does repeat itself you know. If Iran follows through on it's threat to annihilate Israel and Israel retaliates, then add Fukishima and world wide economic collapse to the current scenario and you have the recipe of near total annihilation of the population back to cave man status.

Who knows, maybe Obama and the other world leaders know this is coming, maybe along with a problem with either the sun or an incoming asteroid. So they are printing money like there is no tomorrow and living high on the hog (off the "scraps" of money taken from the little people) because there is quite possibly no tomorrow for our current civilization.

Catastrophic wars and natural calamities have decimated civilization and than man started again.

The current man in his ego and vanity thinks he has 'invented' all the modern devices. This is obviously false.

Science has been developed on earth many times and airplanes have flown and ships have parted the oceans.

And you know this despite there being zero evidence. I'll leave Science to the facts and Religion to the faith.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
i believe it.

40k yrs? sure.

why not?

stupid AE's stumbled on them, tried to build their own. fail.

reshaped the head of the sphinx.

it's probably just as old as the P's.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

tsingtao
reshaped the head of the sphinx. it's probably just as old as the P's.

And I think you're exactly right!! ... But no scholar is going to admit it. You'd have to rewrite everything on the subject.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

HomerinNC
Gonna play devils advocate here for a second...
If it were true, wouldnt we have found evidence of a past civilization?
I mean hell, we have dino bones millions of years old, insects preserved in amber, caveman bones, but not one coke can from this past civilization??

Advanced civilizations wouldn't invest time in the manufacture and consumption of junk food

And ancient artifacts would only have been preserved if they were sealed airtight away from erosion, water damage and human pilfering. The only way that happens is where land has been covered by volcanic eruption, like Pompeii - then archaeologists were lucky to find one villa with an intact study with hundreds of scrolls. From that one building, we were able to deduce they had homes with central heating and piped water. The central heating consisted of a wood fire that fed warm air through underfloor ducts. Running water came from the aquifers that the engineers built. Storage ware was made from pottery. But anywhere else, paper, wood, leather, metal, limestone, sandstone would have decomposed.
edit on 23-11-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
According to Wikipedia the grat piramid of Giza was built in 20 years. There are 2.3 milion blocks.
So they quarried transported and set on place a cube every five minutes day and night for 20 years to complete it!

Damn thats some fast building

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

vandorius
According to Wikipedia the grat piramid of Giza was built in 20 years. There are 2.3 milion blocks.
So they quarried transported and set on place a cube every five minutes day and night for 20 years to complete it!

Damn thats some fast building

One current theory suggests the blocks were formed with a primitive concrete by mixing limestone, water, clay and lime.

www.livescience.com...

They found that the tiniest structures within the inner and outer casing stones were indeed consistent with a reconstituted limestone. The cement binding the limestone aggregate was either silicon dioxide (the building block of quartz) or a calcium and magnesium-rich silicate mineral.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I like Chris Dunn's (Author The Giza Power Plant) thoughts that the hieroglyphics were possibly added after they were originally constructed (who knows how long after?) as there are no hieroglyphics on the three Great Pyramids. Can anyone please correct me if I'm wrong on the fact of no hieroglyphics on the big three? Chris Dunn suggests that the hieroglyphic carvings seen on many things in Egypt are not as intricate as the level of mysteriously made, perfectly designed, stone structures that show tool markings to have been processed. There is another man named Stephen S. Mehler, MA who has a cool website as well regarding tool markings in stone ( www.gizapyramid.com... )
The list of mysteriously made vases and sarcophagi that are not attainable with today's technology, as well as the Great Pyramids and other ancient structures globally are imho obvious example of higher knowledge and ways to harness energy to power tools. Tellingly, I don't think any, or too many, of our current structures would be here in the hypothetical 39000 year span. The poster who suggested the use of a Tesla technology was a good thought. The same idea had been suggested in a documentary about Egypt by an elderly man who was raised near the big three. He talked of the huge aquifers under the pyramids and their help in harnessing power through the pyramids. Maybe he hung out with Chris Dunn and was repeating his thoughts. Or vice versa. Either way, it ties to Tesla's work.
Whether it is Easter Island, or the Mayan temples, Pumapunku, Nazca, Stonehenge, or many other remarkable spots on our marble, one thing is obvious, we don't know how the ancients did a lot of things. I think Ed Leedskalnin had it figured out. Maybe the Coral Castle will still be here in another 40000 years? Sure is fun to think about. Those that currently propose some of what I've touched on are, or were, just trying out their skills at ancient detective work and I find their various approaches pretty darn interesting and worthy of some credit.
Just some food for thought. Regards...

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

GargIndia

grandmakdw
Great read! Thanks.

And you know this despite there being zero evidence. I'll leave Science to the facts and Religion to the faith.

It depends what you want to believe as evidence.

Metals corrode and wood decays with time. When you talk about millions of years, only a few objects will be found in exceptional situations.

Objects have been found, and more are still buried in the ground. However the current governments suppress the truth, and a 'controlled' version is told to masses. Even if a great discovery is made, it is unlikely to be presented properly in current times.

I can make you see the past by a sort of hypnotism (I am using the word hypnotism for a lack of words in English). The soul has great powers which can be activated by certain methods.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Another interesting thought is that our current society is trending toward making things recycleable and biodegradable. (the latest clear plastic soda bottles are made from plant material) Eventually I am sure we will be digging up the landfills and processing the contents into their various metals / whatever else is leftover after decomposition into methane.

If previous advanced civilizations have gone down the same path, it's conceivable that they may have removed a lot of their own fossil record.
edit on 23-11-2013 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

02bmw76
I like Chris Dunn's (Author The Giza Power Plant) thoughts that the hieroglyphics were possibly added after they were originally constructed (who knows how long after?) as there are no hieroglyphics on the three Great Pyramids. Can anyone please correct me if I'm wrong on the fact of no hieroglyphics on the big three?

All three, and all the others we've looked at, including other types of buildings, have glyphs painted on them.

The glyphs in the GP include both worker grafitti and marks made by quarrymen (quarry marks.)

They are inside sealed spaces sometimes called "chambers," but they are not what you would think of as chambers.

They are just void spaces in the walls, left there for architectural/construction purposes.

Nobody had ever been inside them since they were closed off by the surrounding stone construction when the structures were buuilt. We only found out about them by blowing them open with black powder.

Oh. And Chris Dunn is simply misleading you through purposeful misinterpretation and mischaracterization of select facts. To put it politely.

Harte

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

good stuff

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join