It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before The Pharaohs: The Evidence for Advanced Civilisation in Egypt’s Mysterious Prehistory

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Boy I love this stuff! A long read, but worth it. The Author claims the pyramids could be 39,000 years old or older!

These two lines in the king’s list are explicit. According to their documents, the total years of Egyptian history goes back 36,620 years. The argument that the years in the king’s list do not represent actual years, but some other, shorter, measurement of time seems more of an attempt to explain away than to explain. The ancient Egyptians employed a sophisticated calendar system that involved a 365-day year, which was periodically corrected through the predictable and cyclical nature of the star Sirius. Every 1,461 years, the heliacal rising of Sirius marked the beginning of the new year. A single Sirius cycle corresponds to 1,461 years, where each year is equivalent to 365.25 days. In essence, the marking of the New Year at the heliacal rising of Sirius was the ancient Egyptian’s ‘leap year.’ Of course, determining the length of Sirius’ cyclical nature requires stellar observation over thousands of years which means the origins of pharaonic Egypt, or its source of knowledge, must originate in the remote past.

www.wakingtimes.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

It is apparent that the Narmer/Scorpion line of kings was an intrusion in from the Sumerian area. The history of Egypt beginning there is not unlike the idea that Christopher Columbus discovered america.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Great read! Thanks.

I seem to recall there is evidence of an ancient nuclear explosion in the desert of Libya.

It is possible that a far distant civilization used a Tesla like method to generate electricity. Rose to a civilization similar to ours today. Like today they could have had a nuclear war and the resulting fallout (both ash and radioactivity) destroyed the civilization, sending man back to caveman status and decimating the population.

All that was left were "myths and legends" after being passed by generations with each successive generation embellishing so that in the end the myths and legends look very little like the truth. Much like the gossip game of today where a circle of people start a sentence and whisper the sentence in each persons ear successively and the end result is nothing like the original sentence.

This scenario is not too far off from where the status of the middle east is today, threatening nuclear war. History does repeat itself you know. If Iran follows through on it's threat to annihilate Israel and Israel retaliates, then add Fukishima and world wide economic collapse to the current scenario and you have the recipe of near total annihilation of the population back to cave man status.

Who knows, maybe Obama and the other world leaders know this is coming, maybe along with a problem with either the sun or an incoming asteroid. So they are printing money like there is no tomorrow and living high on the hog (off the "scraps" of money taken from the little people) because there is quite possibly no tomorrow for our current civilization.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Gonna play devils advocate here for a second...
If it were true, wouldnt we have found evidence of a past civilization?
I mean hell, we have dino bones millions of years old, insects preserved in amber, caveman bones, but not one coke can from this past civilization??

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
We already know who built the pyramids and when.

Read about Pharaoh Djoser and his grand magician/physician/architect Imhotep who built the very first Step pyramid by stacking consecutive Mastabas on top of each other at Saqqara.

Mastabas were the traditional tomb design at the time and Imhotep took it a step further.

Later, we have Pharoah Sneferu who built not just one pyramid but 3 of them through a trial and error learning experience.
His first pyramid at Midian collapsed.
His second pyramid required correction midway through, which resulted in the Bent Pyramid.
His final and Third pyramid finally got it right with the Red Pyramid which was Egypts first TRUE and proper pyramid.

We know the language. They left records. We also know and can date the geology.
We know who built what when.
There's very little "mysteries of the pyramids" nonsense.

edit on 11/21/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Hi Miss Know-it-all~

This topic isn't about "who" built the pyramids, nor from your response is it logical to think you read any of the link that the OP politely provided for your reading pleasure.

Read the title and try again, oh great concrete filler of egyptian debunking.

@ OP~

I enjoyed the read and yes it is long. SnF Thought provoking comes to mind, I'll chew on this information for a bit.

Best regards,

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Please allow me to direct your attention to the following:

nighthawk1954
Boy I love this stuff! A long read, but worth it. The Author claims the pyramids could be 39,000 years old or older!

Hmmmm.

My last post was entirely legitimate in light of the above context.

Enjoy.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

36,000+ years is more than enough to dissolve and decompose any building on Earth. Let alone a coke can

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

HomerinNC
I mean hell, we have dino bones millions of years old, insects preserved in amber, caveman bones, but not one coke can from this past civilization??

36,000 years is more than enough time to decompose and dissolve a building into nothing. Let alone a coke can

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarmayne

Then why do we have dino bones millions of years old?

ETA: I dont discount this, everyone knows I pretty much subscribe to all the way out theories out there. I know there is more out there then we know, and alot of it forgotten or suppressed.

What I want is some evidence we can tell these hardliners about history they are WRONG
edit on 11/21/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
it would be interesting to know what was on the exterior of the pyramids at giza according to herodotus all kinds of animals unknown and science and astronomy were on the exterior pity they all vanished when the crusades were going on and the official explanation of a earthquake does not wash with me how many pyramids have been taken down since 1700 in egypt .

makes you wonder if erik von daniken was right saying that in south america scenes carved out in stone showed pictures that could only be 2.5 million years old as to the star alignment much like the scenes in ramases v tomb in egypt s&ff

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Well, wanna help me sneak in to the Smithsonian, or the Vatican storage? I really believe they have some information that would shock the hardliners.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Very interesting read, OP. Thanks! SnF.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Sorry but this is all a load of crap based loosely on fact.
The evolution of ancient Egypt and the pyramids is very well documented.
Not just by modern historians, archaeologists etc. but also by the ancients themselves.
I don't take anything from a New Dawn publication as being factual.
For example it reads :

According to recent genetic studies, all people today are the descendents of a single African woman who walked the Earth 150,000 years ago. According to geneticists, her mitochondrial DNA exists in all of us.

Bollocks! We all did not come from one single person or couple. The genetic studies refer to an early human population where mitocondrial DNA first developed.

Even though the studies refer to a single man or woman in the past, they do not imply that those people were a couple or even that they were the only parents of all humans. Their primary significance is in pointing to the time when anatomically modern human beings, Homo sapiens sapiens, evolved from a more primitive ancestor, generally thought to be an archaic form of humans. Many experts propose that the founders of the modern species numbered around 10,000.

www.accuracyingenesis.com

This is just one of many things taken out of context, not just in this article but also by New Dawn in general.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

HomerinNC

I believe the real problem of archaeology often is that we try to fit the evidence we find into the constructed historical chronology we created, instead of constantly constructing our history on what we find, unbiased.
It's apparently hard to critically review academically accepted views.

With that said, off to read the whole document first.
Thanks for the link.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Logarock

It is apparent that the Narmer/Scorpion line of kings was an intrusion in from the Sumerian area. The history of Egypt beginning there is not unlike the idea that Christopher Columbus discovered america.

Uh... no. The protodynastic kings came from the southerly areas of Egypt (see the Qustul Incense Burner), or possibly even from northern Sudan. The idea that migrants from Mesopotamia gave birth to ancient Egyptian civilization is a largely discredited theory. There's no need to remove ancient Egypt from its African context.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Nacirema

Logarock

Uh... no. The protodynastic kings came from the southerly areas of Egypt (see the Qustul Incense Burner), or possibly even from northern Sudan. The idea that migrants from Mesopotamia gave birth to ancient Egyptian civilization is a largely discredited theory. There's no need to remove ancient Egypt from its African context.

The qustul incense burner is no longer the earliest depiction of the white crown. That was found at hierokampolis- firmly in Egypt. SOME of the origins of Egypt are in the South, but not that far South. The iconography now appears to be all entirely indigenous to Egypt.

Other elements seem to come from other directions. The newest idea on mummification is that it came from the Western desert. Also, lower Egypt still has its advocates. Merimda in lower Egypt predates the Badarian, so the idea of everything coming from the South is challenged there.

The extent to which Asia influenced Egypt is still highly controversial, but the answer is "at least some" since most of the animals and plants in Ancient Egypt were Asian domesticates.

The origins of ancient Egypt are extremely complex and controversial. The one thing that can be said is that they are not 39000 years old. That is rubbish.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Nacirema

Logarock

Oh is that what this is all about for you? Keeping Egypt in an African context?

Egypt was a well establish city state region before the "Scorpions" came down and invaded in a war of unification. So yea these city states could have been anything.

The Scorpion line is well represented in Sumerian cylinder seals. The efforts of these kings is well recorded on the Narmer Platte and other associated artifacts. The artists that made the Narmer Platte were well familiar with the Mesopotamian style of iconographic communication.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The article states that the Egyptians had an "accurate" calendar.

If this were true, why was it "adjusted" every year?

The idea that the Egyptians knew anything at all about Sirius' cycle is ludicrous on its face. There's not a single iota of evidence fior this.

Lastly, the Egyptians had no "leap year." Late in Egyptian history they knew about the concept but it was never adopted until the Romans actually forced it on them.

Harte

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I think they're even possibly older, however, that doesnt really matter, it's not like et's are going to let everyone know whats going on. And there are always older ones, going back millions of years, I see potentials ones in North America, in mountains that were thrust up.

But what is really funny, is saying "we know when they were built and who built them..."

In reality, a whole generation before we were here, there are many things that we don't know. Whole chunks of history can be rewritten by any dominating forces, and the people who were not educated would never be the wiser. And the witnesses are either ridiculed or disposed of. That is the reality of our history. Alot of it is a very imaginative use of the word facts, and truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join