It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Stange Skulls Found in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Yes, we know some cultures practiced head elongation, but these to me, do not look human. Look at the eye sockets in at least one of them, for one, and they have like WAY pronounced jaws, among other things.

Weird Alien Skulls Found in Mexico

Just be careful when going to that site. My Avast popped up and said it blocked something malicious when I went there.

While excavating the ancient burial site “El Cementerio,” near the Mexican village of Onavas, a team of archaeologists uncovered a shocking discovery. Among the 25 skulls they found, 13 of them didn't look entirely human. Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology and History (INAH) revealed many interesting discoveries at the site, including the thousand-year-old specimen shown below, which at first glance seems to represent the elongated head of an extraterrestrial being. Experts theorize that the grotesquely-shaped heads are the result of a ritual “head flattening” process that deliberately deforms the skull (beginning at childhood) to distinguish certain social groups. The exact reasons are not entirely known, but according to the team's director, archaeologist Cristina Garcia Moreno, this practice was employed in many ancient cultures, including the Mayans.

Sorry the vid is in Spanish.

Whatcha guys think? Elongated human skulls? Or something else?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AsherahoftheSea

Elongated skulls, since entire skeletons were found that are otherwise completely human looking (number of ribs and all for ex.).

Of course the link you gave--the alien disclosure site--would want to go against the anthropologists and archaeologists opinions.

edit on 11/21/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Yeah, I'm doing more research into them right now. I can't find an official source concerning the analysis of the bones. Every site just says they have been analyzed and determined to be human with deformations/subjected alterations.

I also found out that the story is actually a year old too. Damnit. I hate it when someone on facebook posts something as new news only to find out it's like ancient.

Still, I kinda wonder though, whether the skulls really are human or not, wouldn't just claiming cultures did this for no reason be a nice cover to keep people from wondering about it in the case they actually were not human? *finds strange skull* Oh that's a common thing, nothing to see here. Don't ask, don't tell. Until they started discovering them, I had never heard it was a practice. All of a sudden they say there are places in history where the practice is mentioned, records of how it was done and all that, and I had never heard of it when I was a kid, and I was a real archaeology nut when I was younger. I mean, yeah, we still have the hole in it that they don't know why it was done, but you never know. I mean, you get stories of them allegedly covering up evidence of other more human-concerned things that don't meet with mainstream notions, like the Americas maybe being populated thousands or even hundreds of thousands of years before mainstream history claims. Sites that indicate such findings allegedly being suddenly shut down only to have researchers return later and find that they have either been cleared out or built over and turned into private residences or other such off-limit properties. Other scientists seemingly going out of their way to find any theory whatsoever to make the finds fit with the already believed mainstream... makes you wonder... that is, if any of these claims of such finds are true and such things really are being done to cover them up...

Still, if such deformations were applied to people in higher society, what made them think that having an elongated skull denoted they were "special' or "more important" or possibly smarter or "better" than others? Monkey see, monkey do, maybe? I dunno... it's an odd thing that people did this to themselves at all, and by the find in this particular case, it seems to have carried a high mortality rate by attempting it in one's youth. I think it was almost half the elongated skulls' ages were determined to be 16 and under...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I didn't watch the 1:37-minute video yet, but I must state this:

Since when do humans have a nose that's bone? (referencing the split-screen skeleton located on the right)... It already screams, "FAKE"!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

look closely, I think that may just be dirt and debris up around the nose area that is making it look like a nose.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There are more and more finds of these on every continent.. I've seen some of pregnant woman whose baby's skull had the same shape..

We are being lied to.. Idk if it's to support the evolution religion or what.. In other country's you can find these skulls and many other interesting finds in there museums.. Why not ours?

Nice OP S&F ..

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Here's a thread from February that explains why the angle of the picture makes the skull look even stranger

new topics

top topics

join