It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano Raises New Island Far South Of Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

TOKYO (AP) — A volcanic eruption has raised an island in the seas to the far south of Tokyo, the Japanese coast guard and earthquake experts said.

Advisories from the coast guard and the Japan Meteorological Agency said the islet is about 200 meters (660 feet) in diameter. It is just off the coast of Hiroshima, a small, uninhabited island in the Ogasawara chain, which is also known as the Bonin Islands.

VOLCANO RAISES NEW ISLAND FAR SOUTH OF JAPAN

This is rather incredible!!

I remember a similar story not long ago, also with a picture however the photo wasn't very convincing.

This however looks pretty legit to me!!

What does this mean?

Well it cant be good, is it natural? Yes. Is it worrying? Yes

What is going on under our right under our feet?

What if this happened on land or under your house?

I dont know enough about it to say anything informative but there you go!

edit on 11/21/2013 by semperfortis because: corrected all caps

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Yea, pretty awesome. Hope it continues to grow.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Nephalim
Yea, pretty awesome. Hope it continues to grow.

hope not, its dengerous..

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Would you like to see a flyover of the new volcano? It was spotted less than 24 hours ago. The video is in Japanese.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
That was God doing that. He heard Japan and China were at each other's throats over some insignificant island. Presto magico. Now they can play together.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I wonder will it be just temporary, or permanent like Surtsey in Iceland. That island was created 1963 and its still there, though erosion has eaten it. It erodes slowly because the rock there is very hard.

Surtsey eruption:

Any news of that Pakistan volcano island? Is it still there, I can't find any news?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Perhaps that eruption will take the pressure off of the fault line east of Japan, surely the poor Japanese have had enough earthquakes for now?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Just think of all the diamonds that could be there!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Blimey-I really hope its not Tamu Massif starting to go off...thats the biggest known super volcano on the planet,as big as the UK!!

The largest volcano on earth – and possibly the second largest in the entire solar system - has been discovered off the coast of Japan.
With a footprint of roughly 120,000 square miles the “immense volcano” is roughly the same size as the British Isles.

uber volcano

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This is an awesome sight! Great find! S&F

It's approx 1000 Km from Japan, could this be dangerous for the fuel rod removal that is underway? I mean if a Volcano is growing out of the ground/ocean, can't it cause severe tremors?

It's amazing to see Nature in action but scary at the same time, as it constently reminds us of how weak and vulnerable we are to nature's wrath.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Silcone Synapse
Blimey-I really hope its not Tamu Massif starting to go off...thats the biggest known super volcano on the planet,as big as the UK!!

Nope. Tamu Massif is east. This one is directly south. No biggie. There are a lot of them in that area. Though it is always exciting to see another island be born.

Good find!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Anyone going to think that maybe this is a natural occurrence and not the beginning of the end?

Awesome find

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

brace22
Anyone going to think that maybe this is a natural occurrence and not the beginning of the end?

Awesome find

No its not the beginning of the end silly. Its been ending since the beginning.

No biggie, just cool.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Sweet! Now Japan and some other country can fight about another pointless pile of dirt and rock that happens to jut out of the water between XYZ and ABC.....

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Insignificant? Haha true. I hear there's quite a bit of oil in the area though. As for China and Japan and the Senkaku or Daiyou Islands... well China sees it as a historical injustice and Japan is just being the stubborn mugs they've always been when it comes to other asian nations.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Awsome!!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
How rich would I have to be to buy it for myself? I want to own my own island!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Ha. I like that.

Yes this is awesome. There must be so many natural goings on that have never been seen before.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
As if a nuclear disaster wasn't enough. Before that was the tsunami. Before that, the earthquake. Before all of that was a huge atomic bomb dropped on their island. Now a volcano. Doesn't matter if it' semi-close to population, it's close enough for me to think that area is cursed. Probably won't be planning any trips to that general location, anytime...ever

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Id just like to point out that Japan is on 'the Pacific ring of fire', one of the most volcanically active regions on the planet and a huge spreading ridge, this is completely normal for that area and if its venting enough lava to build an island then its already ruptured and is releasing plenty of stress so i would say its probably more on the safer side then something that hasnt blown its top yet.

new topics

top topics

join