It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Psychic' Sylvia Browne dead at 77

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

UnBreakable

MamaJ

UnBreakable
reply to post by MamaJ

Yes, she "helped" thousands by relieving them of hundreds of dollars when she knew people would be the most vulnerable with the hope of contacting a beloved departed family member.

That's your opinion and while it may be true she has helped thousands. Are you able to judge her merits? Can you weigh her good and bad accurately?

I can't.

Yes, I'm judging her merits. When she told the Hornbeck and Berry parents that their children were dead, when in fact they were alive, that's totally reprehensible. To shatter a parents hope for survival that their missing child has passed is sickening. That IMO is way worse than any "good" you think she may have done. And in 17 years on Montel Williams, none of her future prediction "prophecies" came to pass, unless you count the obvious observations she made that any six year old could've made.
edit on 21-11-2013 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

Well, after thirty years of being in the spot light with every word recorded it seems to me 100% accuracy is what you are looking for and I think that's unrealistic. If I go to a medium/psychic I take responsibility what I do with the information provided. It goes both ways.

Shattering a parents hope may be sickening and tragedy all over again. I don't disagree at all but I don't think expectations of 100% truth should fall on anyone, psychic or not.

Again, my point that is missed was simply she has helped thousands.

And..

Clean up your own front porch before you go trashing someone else's is a moto I try and live by. My expectations of anyone having a heart and looking past another's downfalls is extremely slim within this thread. So be it.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Oh, and Sylvia the con artist fittingly got her own death prediction wrong. She predicted she'd die at age 88, while actually she went at 77. She couldn't even give herself a correct reading, let alone anyone else that shyster ripped off at $850 per half-hour phone reading.

"Sylvia Browne knows for certain she'll die at the age of 88. Knowing one's own expiration date would alarm most; for her it's old-hat".

www.sylviabrowne.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

When an individual puts themselves out in the public there are generally two types of people they encounter, one wants to put them up on a pedestal beyond human ability, into a super human state which is impossible. The person then would have to live up to the ideas and expectations of each individual which again is impossible to do.

Then the second type wants to tear them down and wait for any opportunity to do so. Again this is just another way of making the person out to be what they expect them to be. Both are unrealistic.

I think that any psychic is going to have a hit and miss ratio. The problem when one goes public with this ability are those expectations of others who think it is like a faucet that can be turned on at will and it is just as much a mystery to the real psychic as the people who come to them. When the ego gets involved which happens easily for the public psychic it complicates the purity of the flow of energy which is an unexplainable phenomena.

I love this subject and think Sylvia became what people needed for her to become and along the way lost her ability but maintained the common sense that came with it. This gave her the difficulty of having to perform and jump through hoops rather than allowing the hoops to flow over her. her ego must have been struck to the core to assist her in her own personal process on her path.

Not sure if I made my thoughts on this clear, but liked what you had to say and sense your empathy for Sylvia and her position as a medium, psychic and public figure on her own path towards the highest good.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Bull#

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join