It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Psychic' Sylvia Browne dead at 77

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I hope she is resting in peace. I stopped liking her after she told Shawn Hornbeck's parents that their son was dead, then found alive 4 years later.

I think there is a responsibility you take up when you tell people that their loved ones are dead, when they are not.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Chamberf=6
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

I'm sure there are some of her fans on ATS, so despite her legacy, at least say a few kind words.

Not to sound insensitive, but I've noticed lately on ATS that anytime there is a story about anything in any forum that includes a death as part of the story, people start posting about how awful death is...prayers...so on.
Even though the topic of the thread is not focused on the death, but an event, sighting, whatever.

I know this thread isn't quite like that as it is focused on (IMO) the frauds death....

But it seems like ATSers sometimes forget that on average 107 people die every minute. Should ATS just turn into a site that lowers its head 24/7 lamenting over one of the few guaranteed facets of life??

I agree its sad that people die, but sometimes I just think "c'mon people".
edit on 11/21/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

What you say is correct, although IMO posting about Sylvia's death isn't just a death post. She has been talked about in hundreds of threads here on ATS about her psychic abilities, life after death, meditation and criminal investigations. I think her passing merits a post

May she rest in peace

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

MamaJ

UnBreakable
reply to post by MamaJ

Yes, she "helped" thousands by relieving them of hundreds of dollars when she knew people would be the most vulnerable with the hope of contacting a beloved departed family member.

That's your opinion and while it may be true she has helped thousands. Are you able to judge her merits? Can you weigh her good and bad accurately?

I can't.

Yes, I'm judging her merits. When she told the Hornbeck and Berry parents that their children were dead, when in fact they were alive, that's totally reprehensible. To shatter a parents hope for survival that their missing child has passed is sickening. That IMO is way worse than any "good" you think she may have done. And in 17 years on Montel Williams, none of her future prediction "prophecies" came to pass, unless you count the obvious observations she made that any six year old could've made.
edit on 21-11-2013 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Ones less scumbag peddling lies and deceit to the unsuspecting mASSES. That "woman" (using this term loosely) was a bonafide crook with absolutely zero compassion for fellow Man and would make up ludacris lies for a hefty amount of money.. Dissssssssgusting

www.youtube.com...

^ something hit her on the chest... well nothing hit her on the chest, she collapsed in her room...autopsy showed nothing.
I DON'T CARE...IT HIT HER CHEST

mind you im not paraphrasing that's exactly what your holy lady said

www.youtube.com...

^ the fireman who supposedly died on 9/11 as per his wife is told by this schmuck that her husband is dead in a body of water somewhere
edit on 21-11-2013 by ThinkYouSpeak because: just pointing out how gross she really was

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

ThinkYouSpeak
Ones less scumbag peddling lies and deceit to the unsuspecting mASSES. That "woman" (using this term loosely) was a bonafide crook with absolutely zero compassion for fellow Man and would make up ludacris lies for a hefty amount of money.. Dissssssssgusting

www.youtube.com...

^ something hit her on the chest... well nothing hit her on the chest, she collapsed in her room...autopsy showed nothing.
I DON'T CARE...IT HIT HER CHEST

mind you im not paraphrasing that's exactly what your holy lady said

www.youtube.com...

^ the fireman who supposedly died on 9/11 as per his wife is told by this schmuck that her husband is dead in a body of water somewhere
edit on 21-11-2013 by ThinkYouSpeak because: just pointing out how gross she really was

But the Sylvia Brown sychophant sheeple will deny or ignore the above, just as Ms. Brown ignored the fact she had any psychic abilities.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
OH another psychic dead. If she was able to see things and dead people coudnt she seen this coming? If she was truly psychic she could had said her day of death right? Still condolences to her family.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So can Peter Popoff die now? Please???

Throw Benny Hinn in there as well. By sayin "in there" I mean the pitts of hell.

Or just a room where they both have to rip eachothers sacks off every hour forever.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

MamaJ

She had people always asking her questions and so she had to rely either on spirits showing up to tell her things or she had to guess to save face.

perhaps she was trying to 'force it' with her abilities. She was always nice and respectful.

psychic abilities are like a radio station that doesn't always come in clear. You keep trying to hear it but can't do it on demand.

And, how can you come up with "nope, sorry can't see anything on you." She did the time and deserved to be paid what was agreed upon. It would be a negative experience to many if she said nothing. She tried and times went with 'her gut' as we all do.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

UnBreakable

MamaJ

UnBreakable
reply to post by MamaJ

Yes, she "helped" thousands by relieving them of hundreds of dollars when she knew people would be the most vulnerable with the hope of contacting a beloved departed family member.

That's your opinion and while it may be true she has helped thousands. Are you able to judge her merits? Can you weigh her good and bad accurately?

I can't.

Yes, I'm judging her merits. When she told the Hornbeck and Berry parents that their children were dead, when in fact they were alive, that's totally reprehensible. To shatter a parents hope for survival that their missing child has passed is sickening. That IMO is way worse than any "good" you think she may have done. And in 17 years on Montel Williams, none of her future prediction "prophecies" came to pass, unless you count the obvious observations she made that any six year old could've made.

Would it have been better for her to say "yeah, your kid is alive I can't get a fix on the location. And, btw, they are being raped, abused, starved, brainwashed, tortured, etc."

Yeah that would have BEEN GREAT to tell the parents. AND the fact that maybe she was willing to 'take the lumps" for lying to give ease over something that would most certainly have pushed the families over the edge mentally.

Never thought of that huh?

And a person with CLASS would never subject themselves to a 'carnival exhibit' type challenge like they are some frak of nature.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I bet she didn't see that coming.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
IN my life I've been to three different psychics.
I was very careful about watching for 'cold readings'
and I was very careful not to give away anything about myself ...

One was a total waste. She was cold reading and just awful.

One was good. She was able to nail things and tell me things ....
She had a gift. Not perfect. But a gift. It was interesting.

And then there is Celeste ... amazing!! No question that she was
plugged in with something. I have a theory that everyone vibrates at
different frequencies and that when someone finds a 'good psychic'
it's just that you and the psychic are on the same vibration rate.

That's just a theory. I can't prove it of course.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Fraudfinder
and practicing witch.

WRONG. She was a New Age/Gnostic Christian.
She was NOT a practicing Wiccan.
Novus Organization

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The very last controversy of Sylvia Browne was when she was confronted about the statement she made to the mother of Amanda Berry that Amanda Berry had died and when Sylvia Browne was confronted on it, she said she had no comment.

She didn't take responsibility for that one, telling a mother of a kidnapped child that the child was dead and the mother died with a broken heart.

SMH, why do people do this?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

WarminIndy

The very last controversy of Sylvia Browne was when she was confronted about the statement she made to the mother of Amanda Berry that Amanda Berry had died and when Sylvia Browne was confronted on it, she said she had no comment.

She didn't take responsibility for that one, telling a mother of a kidnapped child that the child was dead and the mother died with a broken heart.

SMH, why do people do this?

I explained that clearly a few posts up.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

Actually she did, actually we all should know when our times is coming, because we all born to die another day.

Interestingly I remember watching her in one occasion when she started talking about her own death and how she knew that this was to be her last reincarnation in earth, she also talked about some of her past lives.

So I am sure that she knew, perhaps not the exact day but close enough.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Awen24
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

CRAP. I came in here specifically to say that...

I came here to see who said it --

All kidding aside.

My condolences to her family.

RIP

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

HanzHenry

UnBreakable

MamaJ

UnBreakable
reply to post by MamaJ

I can't.

Would it have been better for her to say "yeah, your kid is alive I can't get a fix on the location. And, btw, they are being raped, abused, starved, brainwashed, tortured, etc."

Yeah that would have BEEN GREAT to tell the parents. AND the fact that maybe she was willing to 'take the lumps" for lying to give ease over something that would most certainly have pushed the families over the edge mentally.

Never thought of that huh?

And a person with CLASS would never subject themselves to a 'carnival exhibit' type challenge like they are some frak of nature.

HanzHenry

That proves she was not right. If she had seen this, then it is something she should have gone ahead with and used her "powers" to actually finding them for the police. But she didn't.

There are psychics who are able to help the police, but you don't hear about them as often. Even Steven Stayner would have been found IF the parents themselves had made the connection.

The psychic in Steven Stayner's case followed the trail all the way next to the cabin he was in, surprisingly it was his own grandfather who lived there, but his parents took it to mean the trail ended there because of the emotional connection with the grandfather, and didn't allow the psychic to go just a few feet more.

And Jaycee Dugard's mother Terri Probyn was told by the very first psychic she was in Northern California with a husband and wife, but then the third part was kind of wrong, she said Jaycee was treated well. But guess what, it was a couple in Northern California. Terri Probyn was subsequently told by other psychics that she was in Las Vegas.

But Sylvia Browne saying Amanda was dead, was the wrong thing to do.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
At least we still got Ms. Cleo.

www.albinoblacksheep.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Miss Cleo happened to pay her respects:

Miss Cleo on Sylvia Brown's death

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

HanzHenry

MamaJ

She had people always asking her questions and so she had to rely either on spirits showing up to tell her things or she had to guess to save face.

perhaps she was trying to 'force it' with her abilities. She was always nice and respectful.

psychic abilities are like a radio station that doesn't always come in clear. You keep trying to hear it but can't do it on demand.

And, how can you come up with "nope, sorry can't see anything on you." She did the time and deserved to be paid what was agreed upon. It would be a negative experience to many if she said nothing. She tried and times went with 'her gut' as we all do.

Do you have psychic abilities?

I believe we all do to some extent.

I am very interested in your views on personal abilities of receiving radio signals. Some things are just not for us to know, but if you get paid to know, then that's different. If she didn't know, she should say she did not know and not took money for it.

But yes, let's hear about psychic abilities.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join