It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are the Light of God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yes I used the phrase, and the phrase means that the One God is many. The United States seal has this saying but the context has been changed.

You are misunderstanding me.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes I used the phrase, and the phrase means that the One God is many. The United States seal has this saying but the context has been changed.

You are misunderstanding me.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you.

There is only the one there is not more than one. In that one/on that one/as that one motion appears to happen - all in that one image of light which is here always and is constantly changing moving.
It appears out of the rest/on the rest which is here always and never moves.

Words might appear and words seem to make separate things out of this one. Out of the one comes the ten thousand things - things are nothing but words.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by randyvs

So you hate your enemies? Jesus said to love your enemies.

Negative, because I hold those reins. And I'm well aware of what Christ said.

You and the Father are One randy, he is your Spirit. You are worthy because you have life. Religion has made you to believe you are a rat in the sewers, very sad really. I really do wish you would realize this. They have drained your self-worth to nothing.

With out Christ we are all damned. Whether or not you understand that .
I do.
edit on 21-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Not at all, you had Christ the moment you were born, as did everyone else. If you are not worthy, what makes you think you will get into heaven? If you aren't worthy then you aren't worthy.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

There is the One essence, but that One essence has many parts, just as one car has many parts that make it work. We are parts of the One, but we are still fully the One individually. Just because a loaf of bread has many slices, does that mean there is no loaf? We are all slices of the one loaf.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

There is the One essence, but that One essence has many parts, just as one car has many parts that make it work.

It's that One Essence that is Appearing, Patterning, Shaping and Forming as Everything.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

How so? If the bible never existed we would still be the Light of God. Those who came before the bible were the Light as well. The bible has only convoluted the simple truth that is in front of all of us.

Then let's pretend the bible never existed, and that you never quoted scripture in your OP.

What is the Light of God?

And how are we it?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

The light of God is life, it is consciousness. The image you see is God's light and it is yours.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

What I also consider is that it all appears to have arisen by intent and by anticipation from a first cause and that therefore the first Father of all creation precedes the causality matrix which begs the question of whether such a one might still be "hiding" even if it's in plain sight.

To a single photon of light everything is touching, acausally. And every single chemical reaction in the universe involves the emission or absorption of a single photon of light at the quantum jumping between valences.

Could it be then that what we see arrayed before us, with us included in it, is the manifold display of one very very tricky photon with God in back of it who said let there be light!

Big and small, big and small.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Lingweenie

God is everything. Even matter is energy, just a lower vibration of it. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, meaning everything in existence has always existed in one form or another. Everything is eternal because everything is a part of God.

Look at the universe around you, look at how perfectly tuned it is. It is so huge yet so tiny at the same time. One grain of sand contains about 70 quintillion atoms, that's 18 zeros.

Imagine how tiny that one grain of sand is compared to just the Earth, then imagine how small the Earth is to the universe itself. Earth isn't even a speck of dust in comparison to the universe, imagine how many atoms make up the universe. It is impossible to know because it is infinite.

The perfection of the universe around us is a reflection and projection of the perfection found within us. Consciousness is the highest wave of energy, and since energy cannot be created or destroyed, neither can you. You have always existed, and in fact you are me and I am you, because we are the universe experiencing itself. God is eternal and so are you and I.

I can also agree that the universe has been here forever.

And that would be another thing I don't agree with in mainstream religions. Typically a lot of them claim that the universe had a specific day where god decided to create the universe, the earth, and then us. But I personally think that the universe has gone through life cycles. Much like pretty much everything else.

Typically in the Christian faith for example, I always hear some of them babble about how the "end times" are coming. Mostly due to some natural or social events that they say are prophesied in the bible. The idea of the end times is a rather dumb idea if you ask me. Not only because it promotes fear and urgency, but because this thing we call time probably doesn't really exist. We humans perceive time by the rotation and tilt of our Planet, along with our relation to our star. And how exactly can you measure forever? Most religions say that they will live forever after their lives. So how can they say that the "end times" are coming? Wouldn't it be considered the new beginning? Even then how can you say that forever can either be the start or finish? It doesn't make any sense.

As I said earlier, I believe that everything has been here, in some shape or form, seemingly forever. Though I don't believe that there is some sort of paradise waiting for us after this life is up. That seems a little more like wishful thinking. I'm sure this universe has "died" and then was "born" again. Me and you die, stars die, computers can die, car batteries can die, everything "dies" sooner or later. But after that death, the same processes, and cycles don't go along with it. Newer things come in to take its place and carry on that same process or cycle. I guess that kind of circles back to how I can talking about energy.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

what makes you think you will get into heaven? If you aren't worthy then you aren't worthy.

You and I aren't worthy. That's why Christ was here.
No man could ever give us a chance at redemption because we are all sinners.
We simply have to accept Christ to be what you, out of nothing but
arrogance, think you already have.

And have cooked up in your own mind for
yourself. Only one truth will stand in the end and I doubt very seriously
it will be what you say it is. You have to have Christ in your heart.
He led a sinless life. He is your defense attourney on judgement day,
so to speak. Very simple by design really because it should be for some
people.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I guess someone had to hold the line to protect and preserve everything that's worthwhile, including the best part of ourselves. It makes me glad and happy, and it's rather hard to argue against except out of some sort of ignorant bias. Who can defend against the love of God, and why would they even want to?

I think it's very funny and magnificent and that Jesus is an absolute riot. And I cannot be the only for whom it occurs in this way, as something joyful and triumphant.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well, Christian doctrine is convoluted and nonsensical in almost every conceivable way. What you think will happen will not happen, I know that. Your second coming is only a tool for those who run things to keep us complacent and sitting on our hands. People have been waiting for Jesus to come back ever since he left, we see where that waiting has gotten us.

By the way, my view is not arrogant, your view that you will be saved while the vast majority will not is arrogant. What a hateful god you have to save you and a few others then throw everyone else in a fire pit for eternity. Your god is not love, not in the least. He uses the fear of hell to keep you ignorant and stuck in your ways.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

YOUniverse=UniVerse=OneWord=LOVE=GOD
Therefore, GOD=YOU

Thanks for the post! One love!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

It looks like you just made a whole heap of assumptions about Randy's belief system although I can't speak for him of course.

Edit to add: There's no need to be rid of Jesus or the heaven that he's purported to hold in store for US, for the sake of "we", because of God's Love.

It's because of Jesus that people can be saved from a hell of their own making.

I do however find 3NL1GHT3N3D1, that the appreciation for the heaven that is, is at the very heart of Jesus' teachings, so you're onto something, just no need to trash Jesus or heaven in the process, or to remove them from the equation, especially when it might represent an insurance policy of a sort against all manner of possible confusion or ignorance and hey we all make mistakes. Although, that said, neither Pascal's wager, nor hell, is any basis for faith and love of God in/through the person of Jesus.. (oh HO HO!)

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 21-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I've read enough of randy's posts to have a basic idea of his beliefs, I don't think I assume anything, he is a Christian who believes believers will be saved while the rest go to hell.

I'm not trashing heaven or Jesus NAM, I am only showing what he truly taught, that we are part of heaven at this very moment. We are all One with the Father, Jesus was no greater than any one else and he didn't think so either.

Religion is what twisted d his words to mean something different than what was intended. Jesus said people would come in his name to deceive people, he KNEW it would happen because that is the way of this world. He knew they would distort his teachings, and billions have fallen for that distortion, Christians included.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I've read enough of randy's posts to have a basic idea of his beliefs, I don't think I assume anything, he is a Christian who believes believers will be saved while the rest go to hell.

Incorrect. I believe Christ. I follow him, not you.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm not trying to get you to follow me randy, I already realize that you are too far gone. This thread was not for you, but for those with an open mind.

If you follow Jesus then why don't you believe this:

John 15
10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.

Keep the commands, the commandments have to do with good works and loving one another.

Matthew 9
13 But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Jesus did not desire sacrifice, but mercy. Did those who nailed him to the cross show him mercy? No, and that nailing to the cross was his so called sacrifice, something he said he had no desire for. So he was sacrificed without mercy, the opposite of what he desired.

Christian doctrine is proved wrong by Jesus' own words. You don't know what the Christ truly is, you're following the deceiver who stole the title of Christ.

edit on 21-11-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I try to keep his commands because I love him.
I do not keep his commands to gain his love
because, I already have it. Nor do I keep his
commands trying to gain anything. Your
out of context curve ball just got smashed to
the upper deck. So there's you're goner.

No trouble with the curve.

And I don't mean I have his love as in you don't.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You didn't smash anything into the upper decks, you hit a foul ball at best.

If you keep his commands you will remain in his love, meaning you will be saved. Being in heaven is to be in God's love correct? So if I keep his commandments, a.k.a. do good works, I will remain in his love. No faith in a convoluted sacrifice needed.

Jesus desired mercy, not sacrifice. You believe the opposite because you believe you require a merciless sacrifice to be saved. It doesn't get any more backwards than that my friend. I see you avoided that part of my post.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join