It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are the Light of God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I am going to post a few bible verses dealing with the Light of God and explain why and how I believe that we are that light.

I am in no way Christian and do not believe the god of the bible, the one pushed by Christianity, is the true God in any way, but an impostor god.

While I do believe many prophets within the bible did know the true God and talked of him, I believe their words were purposely put within the wrong context, meaning their words were attributed to the impostor god of the OT and NT, a.k.a. Yahweh.

The reason I posted this in the Philosophy and Metaphysics forum instead of the religious forums is because this is my personal philosophy on what God truly is, and I believe it may get a better reaction than in the religious forums.

I know many may not understand or agree, but that's okay. Hopefully I'll be able to open some people's eyes to what they really see. If even just one person understands then I will count that as an accomplishment.

I'll start with the NT then move on to the OT.

Matthew 6
22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

The single eye Jesus speaks of is what some call the "third eye", or the mind's eye. It is the image that we see. Focus on what you see, not what you look at and you will see the light of God. When you focus on what you see, the light, your body will be full of light, just as Jesus says.

Matthew 5
14 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Jesus calls others the light of the world, something he calls himself. Jesus is putting others on an equal playing field with himself here. He did not see himself as superior in my opinion, he was only pointing out what we all have already, the light of life.

You are the light of the world because your light shines on all things. That light is the image you see., you see that light as you are reading this post.

John 1
3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

We are the Son, the aspect of God that perceives itself. All things are made through the light that we see, meaning everything is created through us. Without our vision, nothing is made that has been made. In us is life, and that life is our light, consciousness.

John 9
5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Here Jesus calls himself the light of the world. In an earlier passage, Jesus calls others the light of the world. Again, while you are in the world, you are the light of the world because everything is made through the light that you see, the image of God.

2 Samuel 22
29 You are my lamp, O LORD; the LORD turns my darkness into light.

Remember Jesus saying the eye is the lamp of the body? That ties into this verse. The Lord is consciousness, something we are all integrally connected to. Consciousness makes your darkness into light, for example when you sleep there is darkness, but once you become conscious again, that darkness turns into light.

Job 33
28 He redeemed my soul from going down to the pit, and I will live to enjoy the light.

The light that Job enjoys is the light that we all have, that of life. The Lord God is life itself.

Now to one of my favorite books in the bible, Psalm.

Psalm 4
6 Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?" Let the light of your face shine upon us, O LORD.

The light of God's face is the image that you see, the face of God shines upon everything you see.

Psalm 18
28 You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.

The thing that keeps your lamp (eye/image) burning is consciousness. Again, God is life itself.

Psalm 36
9 For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.

Again, the light is ours. Consciousness is the light in which we see light.

Now to one of my favorite books in the bible, Psalm.

Psalm 43
3 Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.

The light that we see is the truth, all has been revealed. The Holy mountain is your mind, it is where consciousness and the light dwell.

Psalm 56
12 I am under vows to you, O God; I will present my thank offerings to you. 13 For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.

You are alive right now, meaning you have been delivered from death already. We all walk before God in the light of life every day, only most do not realize it.

Psalm 89
15 Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O LORD.

The light of God's presence is the light that you see with, that of consciousness. The presence of the Lord is the act of living, because God is life itself.

Psalm 97
11 Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.

Again, the light is what you see, and once you see the light you have always had, it is "shed upon" you.

1 Praise the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, you are very great; you are clothed with splendor and majesty. 2 He wraps himself in light as with a garment; he stretches out the heavens like a tent 3 and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters. He makes the clouds his chariot and rides on the wings of the wind.

God wraps himself in light with the image that you see, your image is the garment that God wraps himself in.

Look across a countryside or look down on the Earth while standing on top of a mountain, that is how God stretches out the heavens like a tent with his light. The beams of his upper chambers are within your mind, where beams of light are processed and turned into the image of God that you see.

Psalm 119
130 The unfolding of your words gives light it gives understanding to the simple.

The unfolding of his words is the process of your brain turning light into the image that you see. When you realize this you gain understanding, the truth is extremely simple.

Isaiah 42
5 This is what God the LORD says-he who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it: 6 "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, 7 to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.

We create the heavens and the Earth within our minds. No brain, no light, no image, no heavens or Earth. Consciousness is what gives light to the Gentiles, and understanding of the true God frees you and brings you out of the darkness of ignorance and into the light you have always had but have been blinded to.

Continued...
edit on 21-11-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Isaiah 42
16 I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.

Even the blind (ignorant) walk in the light, but they are ignorant (blind) to it. The light leads them, though they do not know it, and even their darkness (ignorance) is turned into light by God. God forsakes no one because everyone has life within them, and that life is the light.

Isaiah 60
19 The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.

The everlasting light of the Lord is consciousness, that which makes us alive. The light that you see is his/your glory.

Micah 7
9 Because I have sinned against him, I will bear the LORD's wrath, until he pleads my case and establishes my right. He will bring me out into the light; I will see his righteousness.

To be brought out into the light is to recognize the light you have always had.

We are made in God's image, that image is ours and we possess it. We are God experiencing itself through consciousness, or the light of life.

Luke 20
38 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive.

God is God of the living because God is life itself, and to God all are alive because he is life itself, YOU are life itself.

This is my personal view on what God truly is, and I believe there is plenty of evidence within the bible to support it. Religion has twisted the words of the prophets and turned them against their true meaning. God is life, and in my opinion these passages and verses prove that.

Thank you for reading.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Indeed.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

Awesome video! I agree 100% with what he says. We are the infinite God experiencing itself and we were made and exist through unconditional love. I favorited it, thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Thank you 3NL1GHT3N3D1 (for this thread) and cass1dy09 (for the video)

peace.
edit on 21-11-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I can agree with what your saying.

I think you, me, and everything in between is not separate. Our bodies and the things around us are made up of matter. And when we die, our bodies will go on forever. At least the matter that once made up our bodies will forever be here. Sure, the Earth will one day end up being destroyed, but the matter that made up our bodies, and the things around us, will forever be somewhere. Thus making us pretty much "live forever."

Now, my problem with religion, is that people claim that we are inferior. Inferior to god at least. We are the created, and it is the creator. I never understood why people would want to act as servants towards some entity that very well doesn't even exist. If there was a god, at least some sort of supernatural force, I doubt that it would force us to submit and worship it. That seems very selfish and quite egotistic to say the least. Not to mention god in many religions shows emotions of anger, jealous, and so on. God seems pretty petty in some major religions. And those are not characteristics I would want a supernatural entity to uphold. It becomes obvious that god did not create us in it's own image. We created god in our own image. People often build a perfect reflection of themselves, and say that is what god is. People create god to promote their own ideals and interests.

That is in my opinion one of the biggest perversions in human history. Not the idea of some sort of higher power, whatever that may be. But the idea that the one created the all, rather than saying the one is all.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lingweenie

Yes, the One is All.

God does not require worship in any way because God is not selfish. We are here freely, meaning God freely gives itself to us. God is unconditional love, even the most horrible and insane murderers in history had life, meaning God does not choose favorites either.

We are created in God's image, only some have perverted that image for their own gain. We're all in this together, but some want more than others so they lie and kill to get it.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes, the One is All.

God does not require worship in any way because God is not selfish. We are here freely, meaning God freely gives itself to us. God is unconditional love, even the most horrible and insane murderers in history had life, meaning God does not choose favorites either.

We are created in God's image, only some have perverted that image for their own gain. We're all in this together, but some want more than others so they lie and kill to get it.

I can agree that god would be considered love. Though I don't exactly think god is something physical. I view "god" as essence. If you were to say that some sort of separate force created everything, then of course you will have to try and explain how god got here. And more importantly, how something came from nothing, then had the power to create something from nothing. It just makes explaining it even more confusing.

The idea of god would probably be something as simple as energy itself. Energy is the main factor in everything. We need energy in order to survive. The machines we use need energy in order to function. Even other nonliving things need energy as well. Such as a star. A star is basically just an extremely hot ball of churning plasma. Which of course undergoes a process of fusion for its energy. And eventually, when that stars fusion starts to decline, and its core becomes to dense, it ends up "dying" much like something that has "life." And a nonliving thing like that is needed in life as we know it. Without the sun, we would not be able to survive.

Even a computer is similar to things that are "living." A computer may not have what a living thing has, such as emotion, or conscious. But it does have an artificial intelligence. It can determine and calculate things, much like how our brains do. And computers are actually far more powerful than our brains. It can store more information, and determine answers much faster. A calculator would be a good example to that. And both our brains and computer interestingly enough, both use electricity. And also, I guess you can say that computers also run on a code, much like how us humans run on the code of DNA. Not to mention, a computer may become damaged and infected by "viruses." These computer viruses can then multiple themselves. Just like how viruses we humans can get, which is nothing more than another living organism attacking our body.

So to me, "god" would be very similar to what we call energy. There maybe something a step ahead of energy, but it seems to be on that track if you ask me. Since energy is the essence of pretty much everything, both living, and nonliving.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

All of this hoo-haa is just perversion of the Word. Just as all religions are perversion.

There is God, and Jesus our Saviour - man is not perfect, and can never be. We look at the truths that Jesus taught us -

No one comes to the Father - except through Jesus, our Saviour.

This is all new-age bunk - just as catholicism is old age bunk.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I've seen the terrors that religion and war inflict upon many both Indirectly and directly.
It's yet another way people use divide and conquer for their own purposes. I've watched family's break because of this.
So many innocents killed in the name of god. Women, children, homosexuals, atheists the list goes on.
Reading from a bible is only reading, you don't believe that just from reading this to others you become a good person?
A persons actions make good things happen not a god who allows injustice, slaughter and massacre to become the norm in many countries across the world.
I could try to make people see new perspectives but something tells me that I've gone and kicked a beehive

All we want is a life where we can choose and make our own paths.
We are so tired of hearing about how god can save us, heal us make the pain we deal with go away.
I just want something other than make believe.
But the alternative is to make it happen ourselves and that's what we must do.

Your hopes have become my burden. I will find my own liberation.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

They didn't know how the eyes worked back then.

They believed light came From the eyes lighting up the world so we can see, when really it was opposite.

A good reference to this is when Jesus healed the blind man, he said Jesus helped him restore light TO his eyes so that he may see.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Well said. I especially like the part of your notion of god which a completely made up word by man. I am personally of the opinion that we as humans have no way of defining god. The version bandied by christians and other mainstream religions is just to throw man off the true spritual path. One often hears of these fanatics talking of enemies of god, that god is not happy with a particular situation or that god loves his children. I could go on and on but the sheer stupidity of these assertions is simply mind-bungling. Another catch phrase is kingdom of god. If god owned a kingdom in his creation, then who owns the rest parts? But fanatics are people who want to remain in their comfort zone by plugging their ears to the truth. The way I see it the greatest problem is deciding what the bible is and who wrote it and for what purpose.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

I do not know what country or city you live in, but I am telling you that the world is darkness. If a light walks out into the world the vicious demons of the world will immediately try to put out that light. Peace, love, and truth, are ways of the spirit, things that Jesus knew better than any of us. The world will take things like love and truth and change them into opposites, trying to demonstrate that it is possible to have polls and opposites on earth. They will deliberately do something that goes against caring about you and try to hide it, either in the hope or in the apathy that our neurological perspective will be changed from our central nervous system by the power of love and thought. I am certainly prepared to fight this spiritual battle, fight off the demons that are constantly trying to show me that they do not love me. Notice how people are stubborn and they like to argue a lot about what they believe in, recently this has been caught on camera and these stubborn people have proven to be wrong, and still decide to not care when they are incorrect like a person driving to work while a tree is falling in the forest. it is this pure stubbornness of ego that makes people walk away from God.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

God is everything. Even matter is energy, just a lower vibration of it. Energy cannot be created or destroyed, meaning everything in existence has always existed in one form or another. Everything is eternal because everything is a part of God.

Look at the universe around you, look at how perfectly tuned it is. It is so huge yet so tiny at the same time. One grain of sand contains about 70 quintillion atoms, that's 18 zeros.

Imagine how tiny that one grain of sand is compared to just the Earth, then imagine how small the Earth is to the universe itself. Earth isn't even a speck of dust in comparison to the universe, imagine how many atoms make up the universe. It is impossible to know because it is infinite.

The perfection of the universe around us is a reflection and projection of the perfection found within us. Consciousness is the highest wave of energy, and since energy cannot be created or destroyed, neither can you. You have always existed, and in fact you are me and I am you, because we are the universe experiencing itself. God is eternal and so are you and I.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Explain how It is bunk. I won't hold my breath.

Thanks for the contribution.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Jesus never healed a literal blind man. Maybe he healed the ignorant, but he didn't bring sight to a man who was born without sight. Blind is another word for ignorant, and the miracles weren't literal. They represent things yes, but they didn't happen literally.

The light you see is created within your mind, but even your mind relies on your body to function correctly. Your body, mind, and soul are all one entity, so if one part of your body doesn't function as it should, neither will that part of your mind. The image you see is created within your mind and everything exists within your mind.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Happy1

All of this hoo-haa is just perversion of the Word. Just as all religions are perversion.

There is God, and Jesus our Saviour - man is not perfect, and can never be. We look at the truths that Jesus taught us -

No one comes to the Father - except through Jesus, our Saviour.

This is all new-age bunk - just as catholicism is old age bunk.

mmmhmmm... Just as organized religion is Bunk, more specifically "Christianity"... who choose to look at every book in the bible and dance around the gospels... tragic really

Want proof?

Your second sentence... "We can never be perfect".... Yet Jesus calls us to be perfect like the father is perfect

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

S&F 3NL1GHT3N3D1.... Well written

Don't let the haters shake you brother.... They know not what they say

edit on 21-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thanks brother. I don't let them shake me, I see that their beliefs are built on sand, which is why they cannot bring an argument against what I say except "the bible says so" or "Jesus died for our sins". Thanks for the support.

This video helped me in my understanding of "God". Hopefully others will enjoy it as much as I did.
edit on 21-11-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Great thread.
Have you ever looked at it this way - the father is what is seeing the light (appearance/image), the son is the appearance/image of light (the light of consciousness) and the holy spirit is the two combined.
The whole spirit is the seer and seen/scene - they are the one.

The seer will never be seen so is the unseen presence and the seen/scene (image of light) is the seen presence.

There is only ever the present - it is motion (the moving image of light) and rest (the seer).
Christ (the image of light) is born out of the stable.
edit on 21-11-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yes, the Father (Spirit) is the one seeing, the Mother (Earth) is what is being seen, and the Son (consciousness) is the image that is seen. The Holy Spirit is when all three align into One, the "Whole"y Spirit.

When the Father and Mother come together and are "married", there is the Son.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join