It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Thor-The Dark World" review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I always thought that 3D was just a film making gimmick. I was wrong!! Thor-The Dark World is a 3D visual delight overshadowing a goofy script and only adequate acting. This film stands alone on the fantastic cgi and music.
Disney/Marvel shows what Hollywood has become; a big budget film factory. That's not a bad thing because the indy world can pick up the slack when it comes to stories, interesting characters and quality direction.

This "Thor" is a not to miss for the sify/fantasy fan. It didn't take itself to seriously and offered some clever humor.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

yes yes..i watched last week..its great movie!, but not good in the end ,its to "easy beat the enemy",, i wonder thor fight much2 more powerfull creature, and take over the planet earth

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It definitely was a spectacle. Marvel has built a formula into their films. Quite the entertaining one.

The acting was lacking(and it kind of grates on me because I know most of the cast are good actors).

The storyline came partly from a Walt Siminson storyline from the 80s(well worth a read). Being an old comic reader I appreciated that. It seemed more like a "Thor" movie to me. The directing was good. And it went a ways to progress the overall story arch in Marvel's cinematic universe.

One of my only real complaints are that Maliketh was underused and it all seemed a bit rushed. However I am admittedly spoiled by long films like Lord of the Rings and Dune.

new topics

join