It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Versus China

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

post by OccamsRazor04
I already stated the problem with counterfeit electronics. There is no backdoor in these, they are just crap and will fail.

I'm sure they said the same thing about the clone chips. However unlike a clone chip, one that is designed to have a back door to purposely infiltrate systems would be much much harder to detect until its to late, unlike the cheap clones.

The cheap clones are mostly designed with monetary intentions. Therefore, they use cheaper parts to cut corners and under stress testing they have a higher likelihood of failure. Hence we can spot them, however even spotting the cheap clones has been challenging and even the experts believe that its a huge critical issue that is being overlooked.

according to the Commerce Department. It found the armed forces had no reliable method for tracking bogus chips and that numerous attempts to warn military authorities about counterfeits "have fallen on deaf ears."

Unlike the cheap clones a chip designed to purposely contain a backdoor would not use cheap parts and would most likely pass the stress test. The only time you would know is probably when its to late or have a sufficient system in place to ensure that none of the billions chips used in military systems are not vulnerable. According to the expert we don't have such a system even to detect the cheap clones.

You can't honestly believe that such a possibility doesn't exist.
edit on 21-11-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

They can easily defeat us after Obama disarms America.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

In the unlikely scenario that we did go to war with china regardless who started the conflict , that is a very plausible scenario you laid out there.

However, in a more unlikely scenario but yet plausible, we along with the allies have a potential for a critical point of failure .

In the US we outsource our electronic components like hotcakes. In regards to the allies I'm not so sure , so that might be the answer.

Don't we control the sea lanes using advance technology dependent on electrical components? China is a big provider of chips used by numerous countries including the allies and ourselves. Those chips find their way to our militarily systems and as I have demonstrated in previous post , their is the potential that backdoors have been included in some of the chips. We have already been infiltrated by the cheaper and easier clones to spot check and we have a hard time keeping up with those chips as it stands.

Therefore their is a possibility that when we and or our Allies go to use our advance tech their might be a high failure rate. All the while China would not be effected as they manufacture their own electrical components as far as I know.

IMO the question is not if its possible , but rather what is our confidence and certainty that this hasn't been done with certain critical system to cause enough of hiccup to get us in trouble?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Just to say so,we really have no business fighting a world war again.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I agree and I think most here agree as well. I don't believe it would happen either nor most here, but we are discussing the unlikely event that if it does happen.

How can we be certain that our outsourced electrical components used in our military systems haven't been compromised to the point that China could damage a enough of them to cause us major distress?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

cavtrooper7
Just to say so,we really have no business fighting a world war again.

I hope the world never sees anything as horrible as that again. I wish all "leaders" had to lead the charge, there would be zero wars.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
China will not go conventional. They will nuke us and that's all she wrote for America. No time to respond. They already have the plans to do so. Its only a matter of time. America will know who the the real super power is.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynx

The only way that would occur is if China is desperate enough to commit suicide and they in fact have access via some mechanism to infiltrate all our defense systems and military systems .

Although their is a possibility that using a back door (as I mentioned before) to infiltrate our defense systems, I doubt they would go nuclear. If they are desperate its because they need resources if they need resources its preferable to get to them without having to worry about radiation.

Nuclear weapons is and has been primarily used by nations when under desperation to get monetary aid or assistance or possibly under attack and last resort. I don't think we will be attacking them anytime soon.

edit on 22-11-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

They aren't worried about resources. They are buying up everything that they can right now. From farmland in Africa to corporations in Canada. They are moving all their chess pieces right under our noses.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Good observation and that could explain the abandoned city in Africa they have built.

Interesting: It would make sense to buy the land and be owner of the area , but hold off bringing in the residents to occupy those dwellings until they are just about to attack. If you bring in the residents (troops) in to early, you risk them adapting to the area and maybe getting to comfortable to press the button when asked.

Also I would suspect and keep an eye out for the following:
1. Maintenance on the properties despite being abandoned. If they are going to bring in the troops they will need things in working order.

2. More abandoned cities being developed around the world by China.

3. A sudden influx of residents.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

All those purchases of corporations, mining, oil in Australia, and others has another benefit to China, they are bailing from their own currency.

In return, they get solid assets instead of a very rocky Yuan. ( like the U.S.'s).

This covers an economic collapse rather than a military option as those "deeds" are nothing but paper in the event of war....

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
1. What does it tell us when the world gov't are buying foreign made electronic components to run our high advance military technology and KNOWINGLY being aware of the potential vulnerability it puts our defense system in?

2. Would the US or you trust a potential enemy or threat to make critical components in your defense systems?

3. Are the foreign countries that we are buying critical components from to put in our defense systems really a threat or a potential enemy (China)?

4. Where do Russia,Iran,Syria,N. Korea , US , buy their electronic components from?

5. Is it strange for foreign enemies to buy critical electronic components from one another to make their defense and attack systems? Or are they really enemies?

What I'm trying to do is to see or find if their is a link that could demonstrate that the world conflicts are being artificially created. I find it hard to believe that we would knowingly outsource or risk outsourcing our electronic components that are on our advanced weapons to China when they outsource to other foreign govt's as well.

I see the outsourcing of electronic components as a potential Rosetta Stone to exposing a global group that controls all the world gov'ts

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Watch the movie "Dragon Day". It is a pretty good movie about exactly what you are talking about.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Thanks I will check it out.

However, I'm really surprised that ATS members don't have much to say about this connection among world gov'ts and its implications?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Wow you ain't kidding. I just saw the preview for it
www.imdb.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Providing no one stupid enough to use nukes.
No one would win it would be a stalemate. With the USA forced to withrdraw.

USA would gain air superiority and its navy could stop China invadeing anywere and the USA army may even take a coastal city of two. But thats were it will end.

For every Army sent out into mainlain China a army ten times the size will be waiting.

China is so large America would not have the numbers to occupy it and being large it is full of a terrain the US fail misrabley at, mountins and jungles. In the north you will be caught up in Afganistan like war and the south and Vietnam war over ten times the size.

America would not have the numbers or will to succede.

And you thing cause we have the will, we are the land of the brave (haha), nope. Your people like most countrys in the developed world are soft. Unlike in world war 2 when 10,000 could easily die in a week and we would accept that now we are all used to wars were the biggest casualty in a single action or attack are in the low 10's. We get angitated when 1 or 2 people are dying a day and sqeal for peace and claim that price is to high. In a war with China you be going back to seeing 10'000's or more will being dieing a week.

Also China would dump it US bonds. The USA econmey will crash and burn. By the time you get to the battle field half your armed forces may be cut or delpoyed in the USA to help stamp out the massive unrest that will brew up if 10 of millions lose there welfare, or 100 million get taxed more to pay for it another foreign war.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

mikeone718

Inexperience - the US has spent the past decade sharpening its military skills.
China shot up a few tibetans.

Jokeing right.

Same think

America shot up a few goat herders

Only country in the last 3 decades that actually been up againt a nearly equal force and won is the Uk in the falklands.

Every other war since has just been the bigs kids at school beating up the special edd kid who thinks crowns are food.
edit on 25-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

interupt42
Unlike the cheap clones a chip designed to purposely contain a backdoor would not use cheap parts and would most likely pass the stress test. The only time you would know is probably when its to late or have a sufficient system in place to ensure that none of the billions chips used in military systems are not vulnerable. According to the expert we don't have such a system even to detect the cheap clones.

You can't honestly believe that such a possibility doesn't exist.

It's not a possibility. As in, not merely a possibility. A few years ago there was a sudden flurry of interest and discussion in government/contractor circles and then it went all classified and silent. My suspicion was that it was not a foreign designed chip but one which was US designed and then modified in the transition from design to overseas manufacturing.

Why is Huawei equipment nearly completely banned in government installations?

China is suspicious of just the same thing. I heard that in their own military research centers they wrote their own compilers to make sure there wasn't any subtle backdoors inserted. The USA sabotaged (in the 80's) a Soviet hydrocarbon processing center via software & faulty equipment.
edit on 28-11-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

interupt42
1. What does it tell us when the world gov't are buying foreign made electronic components to run our high advance military technology and KNOWINGLY being aware of the potential vulnerability it puts our defense system in?

That some people's desire for profit is the strongest thing to motivate them and don't care about their country's defense system as much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join