It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre spotting in Foggy Field in England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If this is an hoax its well made..
Video

I wonder what you think of this.. what bugs me to believe this is an hoax is that the guy who records this is not really " overwhelmed " by this.. i mean i would propably be breathing heavily and maybe even running away from it.. this dude is way too calm.. now pls debunk this lol

This was originally posted i believe in Sprinklervideo, i tried to find another source with same video. our news tabloid had this in their news.. therefor .. debunk it

ooh found a youtube as well

edit on 20-11-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

I'd say it is an obvious fake.

The 'object' is hard edged but the rest of the scene (regardless of distance from the camera) is fuzzy and out of focus.

Also, the shadow on the ground does not move in a way that would be expected if the object were real. The shadow looks like a perfect (and static) blurred oval, just like it had been added with Photoshop (or similar software).

... and the recorded commentary sounds like it is dubbed in.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

chr0naut

I'd say it is an obvious fake.

The 'object' is hard edged but the rest of the scene (regardless of distance from the camera) is fuzzy and out of focus.

Also, the shadow on the ground does not move in a way that would be expected if the object were real. The shadow looks like a perfect (and static) blurred oval, just like it had been added with Photoshop (or similar software).

... and the recorded commentary sounds like it is dubbed in.

You summed up my thoughts exactly.

The shadow is not diffuse enough nor is it moving as if it is being cast by the light source. So put this one in the CGI hoax pile with all the rest.

Even if everything was perfect, an anonymous video posted to youtube with no corroboration, would constitute nothing in the way of credible evidence.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The audio "track" appears to have been looped also. The man says "Oh my god", then "I can't believe it" with a large pause inbetween both statements. Half way through the exact same statements are repeated with identical (and imho) an uncredible tone of non-surprise. I think fake. I also concur with previous posters observations about mismatching hard edges and shadows.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

"ohk muk guh", his speaking is as good as his video faking..

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I wish I could believe this, but the recorder gives away the sincerity of the vid...no way you slowly work your way to such an obvious target. You would flip right to it after turning the camera on, no doubt in my mind.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

If this is an hoax its well made.

It is a hoax but I don't see why you think it's well made , it looks fake and even the person who uploaded it doesn't think it's real ...

Most of us will agree that this probably isn't real, but if you actually found yourself in this situation, how do you think you'd react? Could you keep the camera steady?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I opt for fake as well I'm afraid. First of all, because of his reactions. Sound very false. And like all these UFO videos, it stops before the object goes out of sight. Why not carry on filming until it goes completely?

I wonder why he was standing recording a foggy field in the first place, as he was originally recording the other way.

Nope, don't buy this one. Wonder where exactly it was in the UK?

EDIT: Actually, where does it say it's recorded in England, apart from the OP title? Have I missed it?

edit on 21-11-2013 by MissBeck because: Added something.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
im going for fake aswell. casually walking in a field, as you do, and all of a sudden theres a u.f.o.

i really wish people would stop making these fake videos.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
"Oh my god, I've just filmed the most important event in human history. Let me put on youtube and earn some advertising revenue!"

I think not.

The application of distance-based fog on the object is inconsistent with the rest of the scene, meaning it was obviously added in afterwards.
edit on 21-11-2013 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

This was originally posted i believe in Sprinklervideo

I would like to see a link to that if you could as I can find no "Sprinklervideo" other than videos of sprinklers on youtube.

I find it curious that in your into thread you say you're a CGI artist yet you can't immediately spot it's CGI , you wouldn't be playin with us would ya ?

I'm not saying you made it but then I'm not saying you didn't ...Uh Ma God

Edit
I've just noticed that the video on the Jokeroo site was uploaded by Audio color world a "company" behind several youtube hoax sites so I am saying I don't think you made it .

edit on 21-11-2013 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Sprinklevideo this is the site our news told they found it.. you see lots of its users are news/mediahouses around the world like abc news etc. For using some clips the users have to pay not like in youtube which is free..
I have not said i don´t believe its fake, but i did say i believe it is.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I have not said i don´t believe its fake, but i did say i believe it is.

Based on the reaction or lack of from the guy filming it ... Uh Ma God

I apologise for my suspicious nature but this forum will do that to you over time

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I am going to be awkward and say I think it is genuine. For one thing, you don't know how you are going to act when you find yourself in a situation like that. When I saw a UFO close up a couple of years back I just stood there grinning at it and probably giggling! I couldn't believe it and it was so beautiful ... a blasé of colours, I was mesmerised and in awe of it. I have a pic of it too. The only thing is in the pic it looks further away than it was. It was huge and at the time I remember thinking how hard it would be to describe the actual size of the craft. If it ever happens again I will set my phone on video straight away!! No point in trying to get a pic.

I think the bloke who took the vid should be applauded! I would have crapped myself if id have seen that first thing in the morning in middle of nowhere. Maybe he was taking his dog for a walk? Either way he kept his calm. Could be real. At least when I saw my spaceship I was hanging out my back door trying not to step in the snow . I think the aliens were more amused at me!

hx

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong, but in fog that thick there wouldn't be any shadows

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MissConstrood

When there is any light there are always shadows. Your assumption is wrong

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

slippeddisc
i really wish people would stop making these fake videos.

I too would add to existing points as to why I believe it's an obvious hoax, but then again, why share it when hoaxers will only use it to improve their trash of lies and deception.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pilotx

i just don't understand why people sit around faking these things, its just not funny.

i was lucky enough earlier last month to see 3 u.f.o's at the same time, i was just putting the washing out and heard a plane, only a light aircraft that rich people have, i looked up and saw it was heading for 2 white orbs, they were just sat there, the plane goes past and i still have my eye on these two orbs not moving, then i looked at where the plane was and out of nowhere there was another white orb and it was almost 'childlike' it moved like nothing we have here and looked as though it was chasing the plane and just disappeared i looked back at the other two and they were gone, there was not a cloud in the sky that day. camera had no batteries and even so i was glued to the spot knowing i wouldn't have a chance to get these things on camera. whoever was flying that plane must have seen them.

i did report it to a website who posts the reports on facebook but it wasn't posted.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your sighting. I saw some stuff too over a couple of days at night, except all of them moved in perfectly straight lines at even speeds. One of them was bright (white) enough that I noticed it out the corner of my eyes without my glasses, and in the moment I knew I could not grab them from in front of me and check in time given its speed and trajectory. Surely enough, in the 3 seconds it took to get them on and look, it passed the hotel. I looked around the corner since our balcony was at the very edge, and I couldn't see it since it went right behind. Orion's belt from that angle happened to be half visible.

If the others were satellites, why so many and in all directions? How come only on the 2 or 3 nights, and never at any other time? I wasn't the only one seeing them. These were not planes either, and I've seen one shooting star while looking for them too, nothing like it again. These drifted steadily across the sky among other stars looking exactly like stars.

You want to know what it was, but those who haven't seen them will jump at the chance to 'educate' and medicate you, call it case closed because there's been some opinionated topics on it at ATS, or otherwise jump at the chance to say aliens. Hoaxing clouds attempts to get to the truth of the unknown in the same way, and is no different than people vandalizing ancient features of natural parks, or inscribing crap on petroglyphs.

new topics

top topics

join