It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

batkids-priceless-day-cost-san-francisco-105k

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
news.sky.com...

typical media,bring a heart warming story and days later try make another story about the cost.i,d rather money spent on a boys dream than line the pocket of some politician.we know donations are probably going to make this up anyway so why now try put a bad spin on it?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I saw that story, being not too far from there.
105k of money well spent. They'll get it all back in Good karma points, whether anyone reimburses or not.
You can't BUY that kind of PR the regular way.
Win win.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Batkid gave some people a chance to do the right thing. A right thing that is missing but flickers...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

spacedoubt
105k of money well spent. They'll get it all back in Good karma points, whether anyone reimburses or not.
Win win.
exactly,just the way media are now trying to highlight cost when only days ago it was best thing in the world,sure if it was such a cost to the city then you would have people donating left right and center and wouldn,t have cost a penny which in the long run probably won,t.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

sparky31

spacedoubt
Win win.
exactly,just the way media are now trying to highlight cost when only days ago it was best thing in the world,sure if it was such a cost to the city then you would have people donating left right and center and wouldn,t have cost a penny which in the long run probably won,t.

The city did something to be proud of ...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Acording to Wiki the US military buget for 2010 was 683.7 billion. (excluding any black budgets)

So as a rough bit of maths (im sleepy)
6,830,000 kids could also have this day for the price of one years military budget!

If you include all the CIA, FBI wasted money you could prob make that around 10,000,000.

Now theres a waste of money!

I hope he had the best day ever!

(PS: if your good at maths please reply if i have gone wrong)
edit on 20-11-2013 by Glz00 because: Spellingz

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Glz00

I think it would be closer to 65,114 with a remainder of Brent.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
stars for you all cause like me you agree money shouldn,t even come into it for a 5 year old kid suffering this.lets hope he had a great day glz00

edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Im sure he would have.

I Kinda wish i was batman for the day too! (maybe im a little to old now
)
Tho i hope i never have to go thru the pain to deserve that day that he has gone thru.

Heres to little Miles Scott and hoping he has a great future!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Glz00

Im sure he would have.

I Kinda wish i was batman for the day too! (maybe im a little to old now
)
Tho i hope i never have to go thru the pain to deserve that day that he has gone thru.

Heres to little Miles Scott and hoping he has a great future!
spiderman would have been my day(i,m way too old myself.38 cough cough lol)i know myself some of what hes been through but only as an adult so the kid deserves to be happy for that 1 day,sure he,ll get through it and praying for him he does.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
105k better spent on the homeless and hungry.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Figures that those media scumholes would crap on a dying kids joy

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Yeah its a shame we live in a world where we can print money for banks, People can take home millions in pay, we can afford to drill holes in the planet and suck up all the natural resources, we can afford to blow other humans to bits in war and not even think about it.
But we can't afford to put a roof over the Homeless, feed the starving or give a kid who has been thru more than most of us ever will the best day of his life.

What a strange bunch humans are

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

He's hopefully gonna be ok.

BBC

"Miles, in treatment for several years, is now said to be in remission."

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

well fact is this kid has probably raised more than anyone in last week for the homeless and hungry but will they see any of the money?doubt it but he probably paid for his day and the politicians hotels and meals for next 5 years for him having the day of his life.

don,t tell me this boys dream day cost more than the crooks earned from it.
edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

spacedoubt
Win win.

so this dying kid is somehow more important than the hundreds of others who will get what $50 spent on them?

I find it very good to give the poor kid something, but this?

I guarantee that 100k given to the parents, 10k spent at Disney world or somewhere, and the rest spent for the boy would have made him MUCH happier. For a few thousand dollars, a crew of superheroes would show up.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I would say not more important at all, but just as important.

If humanity could put its time and energy into loving each other instead of hating everything we could have days like this for all kids all over the world. Hell we could just have fun days every day for no reason

Instead we chose sadness, economic slavery, and pain, Giving money some god like power like its some finate natural resource (its not, we created it :p )

I wish we could have Gross Domestic Happyness not GDP (we can all dream)

Im drifting off topic now... ill stop

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

What I am saying is that this 105k will come back to the City in more than one way.
That the attention and goodwill generated by this story is good for business.
Which in turn is good for any City that collects taxes on sales.
This money was spent locally, so some of it was already returned through rentals and purchases to make that day happen.
Not often a City is in the News for something positive. And it's not often, that even a guy like me, might have his tear ducts flushed out a little...
I bet everyone involved, walked with their heads a little higher. Smiles on their faces. And perhaps that mood made them enjoy their jobs a little more...What happens when you enjoy your job? You work a little harder, even if it's just for a while.

ROI

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

HanzHenry

spacedoubt
Win win.

so this dying kid is somehow more important than the hundreds of others who will get what $50 spent on them?

I find it very good to give the poor kid something, but this?

I guarantee that 100k given to the parents, 10k spent at Disney world or somewhere, and the rest spent for the boy would have made him MUCH happier. For a few thousand dollars, a crew of superheroes would show up.
as i,ve said the money this kid has probably generated for the city out ways the money that was spent,jesus even if it didn,t is it wrong to give a kid a happy day when he has a death sentence hanging over him?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

How many thousands didn't have a happy day at $105k per pop?

Useless, expensive sentimentality.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join