The chakras may be likened to energy transformers. If one considers the color spectrum, we note that 7 colors are produced from light refraction. If
one considers the chromatic scale, it will be noted that there exist 7 natural notes within the scale before reaching the next octave. Thus, it
appears that a correlation exists within between seemingly different vibrational frequencies (in our example, light and sound). The human being,
being animated by a mysterious vital-life-force, may also be subject to this mysterious phenomenon. If we agree that the human being is indeed
animated by a substance, and the absence of this substance is likened unto death, then we may begin to isolate this energy which comprises him/her
into various degrees corresponding to the phenomena we have noted in the natural world (the aforementioned correspondence between color and sound).
Expanding on the above, if we are wise to note the correspondence between the very energy which animates our being, the color spectrum, the chromatic
scale (and the 7 ancient planets of traditional occult lore, if you want to go that far), we are then able to develop various practices so as to
'attune' our energies to their rightful frequency, and thus acheive perhaps a greater harmony with the universe in which we live and are a part. An
interesting practice which yeilds interesting results may be performed as follows:
000. Resolve to be open to the fact that you don't know everything there is to know, that the universe in which we live is a mysterious place, and
the mysteries of that very essence which animates our being shall never be fully known.
00. Offer a prayer, or petition to God, or if you prefer, your 'higher-self,' for strength and virtue, for safety in performing the following
exercise, and the ability to achieve greater harmony with Creation as a result of the following practice. Visualize a strong and most potent and
benevolent light of extending from infinity, reaching unto you, and revitalizing your being. This is the energy which you shall mold in the following
0. Sit comfortably with your back straight, on the floor cross-legged, or in a chair, but be sure your spine is erect and your are allowed a
comfortable position and are able to breathe freely.
1. With a keyboard, or pitch-pipe, or some other instrument, strike the note of C major (middle C, on the piano).
2. Take a deep breath and hold it for but a moment, at the same time directing your energy, on the mental level, to your root chakra, visualizing a
brilliant red orb at the location of the root chakra, pulsing with glorious expansion.
3. Then intone the word, 'RAUM,' on the note of C major making sure to roll your r's as best as you can. Prolong the intonation of this sacred word
by extending your breath as best as you are able.
4. Perform the above three times.
5. Take a few breaths to relax yourself again
6. Perform the prescribed technique given above 6 more times, moving upwards along the path of your chakras, and up the keyboard in the Key of C
major (the white keys on a piano), and utiliing the following correspondence: C = red, root chakra, D = orange, root chakra, E = yellow, solar
plexus chakra, F = green, heart chakra, G = electric blue, throat chakra, A = indigo, 'third-eye' chakra, B = violet, crown chakra (just above the top
of your head). Thus, you should intone the sacred word on the notes given, visualizing orbs of the prescribed color, and according to their
traditional location within the body (I've found that visualizing them along the spine is most comfortable for me).
7. When you reach the next octave, you will be striking the note of C major yet again. At this time, intone the sacred word, 'RAUM,' on the note of
C major three times, while visualizing your entire body encased in a protective and vibrant aura composed of a light that is made of scintillating
brilliance, like sunlight against newly fallen snow, yet composed of the most brilliant rainbows you have laid eyes upon.
8. Conclude the exercise in a peaceful few moments of regular breathing, offer a prayer to God, or your Higher and Most Secret Self, in gratitude and
thanksgiving, and then get out and do what you love!
It should be noted that experimentation with various Keys and Modes of traditional music theory is not advised for the beginner - the key of C major
is the the standard key corresponding to the most natural and healthy operation of the human organism. However, it is useful to conclude that
attuining our chakras to other keys and modes yeilds very distinct moods and operations of our being in both the physical and mental world. The
frequency of this practice should be once or twice a day, as you see fit.
All the Best!
edit on 22-11-2013 by kissy princess because: typo