page: 32
<< 29  30  31   >>

join

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tallone

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: Tallone
Comet 67P. Another dirty snowball. Oh yeah. Right.

What we have right there is one huge **************G Mountain! No LEss!

I give you, electric comet 67P. A myth buster. Just like ISON was in fact.

Explain to me how does a mountain have the density of 0.4 g/cm³, which is less than ice and only slightly higher than cork.

It is a common courtesy to cite a source,

Where do you get your density data from?

Apologies, I thought basic information about 67P is easily accessible to anyone. I used Wikipedia, which cites this source: blogs.esa.int...
Density is calculated using mass and volume, both of which have been estimated to a good degree from various measurements, and will be refined as more data becomes available. rosetta.jpl.nasa.gov...

www.esa.int... am.jpg
Tell me how this photo gives any indication at all 67P is "aggregations of rocky material, frozen volatiles (ices) and organic stuff." Where is all of this ice?

Underneath the dust, hydrocarbons, and rocky materal. As I have mentioned in my previous post, comets form non-icy crust (or "mantle") through depletion of volatiles and formation of rubble mantle and irradiation mantle. The recent Rosetta blog states that the data from the lander shows that it sits on a layer of dust beneath which there is ice.

The corpse of your 'mainstream model' is skewered by the evidence in the photos we are seeing.

Photos are only part of the data, and shouldn't be used on their own to form sweeping conclusions.
edit on 23-11-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Tallone

The corpse of your 'mainstream model' is skewered by the evidence in the photos we are seeing.

Interesting. You can tell by looking at a monochrome image what something is composed of.
The density is determined by dividing the mass by the volume. The volume is determined by external measurements. The mass is determined by the orbit of Rosetta around the comet.

And all of the measures come courtesy of ESA (and NASA). No I wouldn't be able to 'tell' all of that from monochrome images. You raise a good point right there. What is with the images? Monochrome? Come on. I would expect a hell of a lot more information, a heck of a lot more data - given the amount of money and the amount of time (years) they have poured into the planning of this mission.

What are we getting for our tax dollars? Fuzzy dark monochrome images. And then after mere hours on the 'comet', the lander runs out of power. Where did all that money go? They couldn't afford cameras that might give us decent images, color? They couldn't afford a nuclear cell to power the thing? How many years of design and preparation went into this mission?

I call BS. Total and absolute BS.

The photos we do have show clear signs of being Photo Shopped or tampered with in similar software. Anyone with Photo Shop and experience using the program understands this. The hi res photos can be downloaded and checked out and the tampering is obvious if you know what to look for.

So no. I wouldn't depend on the photos. But looking at the photos ESA does give us demonstrate this ain't no dirty snowball. Not even close.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Tallone
Nice rage, bro, keep it up.

The lander returned a plethora of valuable data, which will be examined and studied thoroughly, and the findings published in their due time. Rosetta (the main part of the mission, btw) is still up there, alive and kicking, and doing its thing.

The mission is for science, not for public amusement.

Practically all science cameras in space work in B&W, in conjunctions with scientific filters. NAVCAM images are B&W because that camera is used for navigation, not for creating pretty colourful pictures to please the public. Hopefully, we will see some colour images from OSIRIS soon.

new topics

<< 29  30  31   >>

join