page: 32
<< 29  30  31   >>

join

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tallone

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: Tallone
Comet 67P. Another dirty snowball. Oh yeah. Right.

What we have right there is one huge **************G Mountain! No LEss!

I give you, electric comet 67P. A myth buster. Just like ISON was in fact.

Explain to me how does a mountain have the density of 0.4 g/cm³, which is less than ice and only slightly higher than cork.

It is a common courtesy to cite a source,

Where do you get your density data from?

Apologies, I thought basic information about 67P is easily accessible to anyone. I used Wikipedia, which cites this source: blogs.esa.int...
Density is calculated using mass and volume, both of which have been estimated to a good degree from various measurements, and will be refined as more data becomes available. rosetta.jpl.nasa.gov...

www.esa.int... am.jpg
Tell me how this photo gives any indication at all 67P is "aggregations of rocky material, frozen volatiles (ices) and organic stuff." Where is all of this ice?

Underneath the dust, hydrocarbons, and rocky materal. As I have mentioned in my previous post, comets form non-icy crust (or "mantle") through depletion of volatiles and formation of rubble mantle and irradiation mantle. The recent Rosetta blog states that the data from the lander shows that it sits on a layer of dust beneath which there is ice.

The corpse of your 'mainstream model' is skewered by the evidence in the photos we are seeing.

Photos are only part of the data, and shouldn't be used on their own to form sweeping conclusions.
edit on 23-11-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

<< 29  30  31   >>

join