It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electric Comet ISON - Revealed

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

It would be nice to see Tallone actually do some work, you know. It might help him to appreciate that the scientific method involves more than rhetoric and YouTube videos.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Either you didn't not pay attention to my post, assumed automatically I was wrong without sitting down and doing the math yourself (big mistake), or you are having trouble with the math.

Adding 100 x 10^6 power of kilometers to the distance in the formula still shows temperatures which will allow the materials I listed to start melting and of course sublimate.

As was just pointed out, even at the distance of Saturn which is MORE than 8 AUs, the temps would STILL be enough to satisfy sublimation of many materials.

Your problem is you're hooked on water. Can't shake it and can't seem to understand that the term "Icy Conglomerate" means Volatile materials. Which can be things like H2O....or oxygen....or hydrogen...or methane.......or various forms of carbon......or nitrogen.....or many, many other things.

I will not concede anything. You've not proven anything on this subject. If you feel you are still right and I am wrong, then I have a suggestion for you:

Do the math yourself, post your results and PROVE that at those distances from the sun it is too cold for volatiles to sublimate.

Let us see your math.

You could even get fancy if you want and start including surface temperatures based upon albedo of ISON and it's surface area....collecting sun light, and being even warmer.

Just like leaving a piece of metal out in the hot summer sun. Might be 32 deg C outside...but lay that metal knife out in the sun for an hour, then grab it with your bare hand. Or put on a pair of black shoes and go stand out in the sun....and let us know how warm your toes get (used to feel like mine were on fire when I would have to stand uniform inspections way back when I was in the US Navy).

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Ok think I have found something of interest to this thread. Its information from some Comet ISON Observations by Three Non-Professional Observers,Bruce Gary, Dennis Whitmer and Tom kaye, using 11-inch, 14-inch and 32-inch telescopes, respectively

They seemed to be all based in Arizona and are currently looking at the possible recovery of Ison. ( pic below)

On this site you will also see quite a bit of observational data from Ison during its journey through our solar system.

It's cram packed with nice little juicy bits..............Merry Xmas all enjoy.

brucegary.net...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

The image you have posted was taken on 12th August, 2013. It is NOT a recent image of C/2012 S1 (ISON).

Link To Image

As per their web site:

Dec 12, 16.5 UT: Whitmer imaging shows that yesterday's "Blob A" must have been an artifact of unknown origin. Nothing was found in this morning's images, with a limiting Rc-mag ~ 18.2, so we take the position that we have not recovered Comet ISON. I will now begin to write the In Memoriam web page.

Dec 11, 21.9 UT: Possible recovery image by Dennis Whitmer on Dec 11, 12:52 UT. "Blob A" has Rc-mag = 15.91 at a location 10.3 'arc to northeast of the JPL Horizons predicted location. Please don't get excited by this; we need imaging from tomorrow to confirm or disconfirm the Blob A feature. I'm postponing writing the In Memoriam web page until this is resolved. (Good work, Dennis!)

Dec 11, 15.9 UT: I'm preparing an "In Memoriam for Comet ISON" web page which will have a link on this web page probably today.

Dec 10, 23.1 UT: Added a section (above) "My Current Assessment of Comet ISON's Status" in response to several e-mails that assume I know something about comets - which I don't, actually. Please, everybody, trust NASA, trust CIOC and trust professional astronomers at universities and institutions about Comet ISON. Some of them may be faulted for over-hyping this comet, but they're not hiding anything and Comet ISON really did provide a mountain of data that can improve our understanding of comets and formation processes of our solar system. Their assessments will be much more valid than mine!

From their web site

As of today, they still have not been able to image any remains of C/2012 S1 (ISON).

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Pinkorchid
Ok think I have found something of interest to this thread. Its information from some Comet ISON Observations by Three Non-Professional Observers,Bruce Gary, Dennis Whitmer and Tom kaye, using 11-inch, 14-inch and 32-inch telescopes, respectively

Rather ironically, Tallone has used and cited Bruce Gary's website before as supposed "evidence" to back up his claims.
I suppose now that Bruce Gary cannot find comet ISON (and goes so far as to state the comet is dead), Tallone probably doesnt want to know about him anymore.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

You didn't look hard enough , they edited and say they have found something and are observing it.

My apologies the photo posted was an earlier one , having said that they are still looking at Ison :- see latest images on the page.
edit on 12-12-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Here is Bruce Gary's own current position, from the link you posted but obviously didn't read:

My Current Assessment of Comet ISON's Status:

Based on the evidence currently available, I believe that a few hours prior to perihelion the gravitational gradients produced by the sun, combined with the heat that sublimated ice (which is like a glue that was holding the particles together), led to the nucleus breaking up, producing a field of particles and clumps of particles moving apart. With this breakup there was a sudden increase in total surface area for the same mass, and being this close to the sun these particles were quickly heated and produced a burst of outgassing; this could explain the brightening prior to perihelion encounter. After perihelion there was no evidence of a nucleus-based coma, which is consistent with the breakup and outgassing that occurred hours earlier. Instead, there was the appearance of a cloud of particles that was undergoing dispersion due to both the solar wind and light pressure. The solar wind would capture particles, molecules and atoms that were ionized, and carry them away at high speed; the neutral particles would be pushed away from the sun by sunlight pressure. The fading that was seen after perihelion is consistent with this scenario, and suggests that ever since then the material that constituted the comet before perihelion simply continued to disperse and become so spread out that no imaging can be counted upon to capture what's left of the comet. In addition, there may be no more outgassing (for producing a coma and tail) because of the high temperatures that all particles and clumps of particles experienced at perihelion. In other words, I think Comet ISON is dead!

Also:

Dec 12, 16.5 UT: Whitmer imaging shows that yesterday's "Blob A" must have been an artifact of unknown origin. Nothing was found in this morning's images, with a limiting Rc-mag ~ 18.2, so we take the position that we have not recovered Comet ISON. I will now begin to write the In Memoriam web page.

Is that enough for you? Comet ISON is no more. The snowball didn't stand a chance in the hell of the solar photosphere. And any aid and comfort electric-universe fantasists may have hoped for from its career has vanished along with the comet itself.

Thread over.

edit on 13/12/13 by Astyanax because: it's over.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If ISON, according to EC, is a large solid object like an asteroid, and has survived perihelion, surely it would be possible to detect it in a decent amateur telescope.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

wildespace
If ISON, according to EC, is a large solid object like an asteroid, and has survived perihelion, surely it would be possible to detect it in a decent amateur telescope.

ISON can ONLY be detected by Infra-Red telescopes
which are much too expensive for amateurs to own.

NASA space telescopes may not of been able to track ISONs
speed and trajectory but NASA does own ground based Infra-Red telescopes.

For those whom still believe ISON is still at large (pardon the pun)
Check out this thread and please follow it to the end...
(only 4 pages, fun read)

Someone is saying ISON is alive and on an impact course
with mother Earth for December 21st 2013!
(I welcome debunkers)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy

edit on 13-12-2013 by HumAnnunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

HumAnnunaki
ISON can ONLY be detected by Infra-Red telescopes...

No, seriously, you just made that up off the top of your head just now.

Otherwise cite a source for that stupid claim, please.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

HumAnnunaki

wildespace

ISON can ONLY be detected by Infra-Red telescopes
which are much too expensive for amateurs to own.

NASA space telescopes may not of been able to track ISONs
speed and trajectory but NASA does own ground based Infra-Red telescopes.

For those whom still believe ISON is still at large (pardon the pun)
Check out this thread and please follow it to the end...
(only 4 pages, fun read)

Someone is saying ISON is alive and on an impact course
with mother Earth for December 21st 2013!
(I welcome debunkers)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy

Link to sources please as to C/2012 S1 (ISON) only being able to be seen in the infrared spectrum....and why it would not reflect visible light at all.

Else, as alfa said....you've just made that up.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

alfa1
No, seriously, you just made that up off the top of your head just now.

Otherwise cite a source for that stupid claim, please.

No SERIOUSLY - someone starred your post for that remark..?
Must have been another lacking knowledge!

HEY - can we take stars back
J/K

Other than I own an 8 inch Dobsonian and am familiar with telescopes,
here is the LINK you requested and the info is at the top of that page coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu...
(please take note it's 10's of thousands of $ for an Infra/Red telescope)

Now, please view the BOTH links I have provided

(this one and the one I posted above)

In the ATS thread I linked to (my own) it explains why ISON can't be seen..
With many pictures for the non readers.

Does a body good to open their eyes

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HumAnnunaki

I don't think your link says what you think it says.

Could you be specific please?
edit on 13-12-2013 by DenyObfuscation because: bad spellens kontajus

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

HumAnnunaki
here is the LINK you requested and the info is at the top of that page coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu...

That link does not mention comet ISON, nor indeed any comets at all.

HumAnnunaki
In the ATS thread I linked to (my own) it explains why ISON can't be seen..

That thread does not mention Infra Red astronomy... nor indeed any actual astronomy at all.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

DenyObfuscation

I don't think your link says what you think it says.

Could you be specific please?
edit on 13-12-2013 by DenyObfuscation because: bad spellens kontajus

Not sure WHAT link you are referring to - the Telescope link states (and I quote)
coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu...

Where can I purchase an infrared telescope for backyard use?

You can't. Most infrared light from celestial sources is absorbed by the Earth's atmosphere. Only a narrow window of near-infrared radiation (at wavelengths less than about 4 microns) reaches the Earth. Observations at these wavelengths requires that the infrared camera be cooled to hundreds of degrees below zero using a cryogen (such as liquid helium) and requires special solid-state infrared detectors (costing tens of thousands of dollars). Hence, it is impractical to consider a true infrared telescope for personal use.

Now if your referring to my own thread and the knowledge it exudes,
follow the ATS link and make up your own mind!

Hope I've helped

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Hope I've helped

Not at all. Where does the idea that you need an IR scope come from?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

alfa1
That link does not mention comet ISON, nor indeed any comets at all.

That thread does not mention Infra Red astronomy... nor indeed any actual astronomy at all.

Correct you are about the Infra/Red link - it was stipulating WHY amateurs
can't afford such a telescope.

Now my thread SHOWS that you do indeed need an infra/Red telescope.

Four concentric boxes at top of C.C reference a telescope pointing into the sky.
The large circle is the optical lense.
The five Scorpions in the lense show ISON broken apart.
Why Scorpions - they can only been seen in the dark under UV/Infra/Red lighting.

It's really simple math

So in sense, we are being told the fragments of ISON can only be detected under Infra/Red telescope

This in reference to those whom asked WHY if ISON is still there -
Why it CAN'T be seen by amateur telescopes..
I believe I quoted the person whom asked that specific question.

Do I want to be right about that thread..?
HELL NO!!!

But as I said in my thread, I have NO idea who is making these C.C's
but it does seem to be a message.. ..and if I didn't help anyone with this issue -

Well, you can't win 'em all

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

HumAnnunaki
Five concentric boxes at top of C.C reference a telescope pointing into the sky.

So in sense, we are being told the fragments of ISON can only be detected under Infra/Red telescope

I was right then.
You just pulled the assertion about comet ISON and IR astronomy out of your arse.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I can't believe I wasted my time for that nonsense. You can't even read a crop circle correctly.

It's obvious that the circle makers believe there are five good songs recorded by The Scorpions.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

alfa1
I was right then.
You just pulled the assertion about comet ISON and IR astronomy out of your arse.

You can be right all you want - it doesn't change the fact the C.C's
are mostly about ISON and the 'telescope C.C.' shows this..

Because we need more rude people on this fine planet -
I starred your insult!

Keep up the good work

@D -
That was truly awesome D!!!
Star for you - the Scorps...' WInds of Change'
(why didnt I think of that)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join