It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media and Political Cover-Up of "Knockout Game" Rampage Across the U. S.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This so called knock out game is something called attempted murder.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Right...if it doesn't happen in your town, it must not be a problem.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

It's been reported on this site below for months.
My belief is the media race baiting is behind 90% of it.If crimes go unreported and unsolved the victims get angry and it causes resentment that fuels racism in the end.
When you add in the fact the Zimmerman case was blown out of the water for the media to have a field day with and the twisting of facts on the Police call by CNN to emphasis on Zimmerman using the word Black as if being black was a crime in itself.Even Potus got involved.
We have here a conspiracy...divide and conquer i think.

www.wnd.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

HanzHenry

Bassago
reply to post by jdub297

The thing that strikes me (no pun intended) but does not surprise me is that this is almost entirely black on non-black violence and the MSM has until recently refused to identify the attackers as who they really are. I'm sick of hearing the term "boisterous / troubled youths."

my wife is part black and I have many black friends from over the years. None are the ghetto, hoodrat type like all these thugs doing this and mob stealing.
WHat is it with the inner cuty young black male.

This is not necessarily "black" or confined to a single group.

I know many "wannabe" kids who will do whatever it takes to "belong."
This is a sociological problem that arises from children with no guidance.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

vonclod

OpenMindedRealist
reply to post by seeker1963

Been waiting for a thread on this.

I agree -- race should never be a factor when it comes to sentencing. Assault is assault, murder is murder, rape is rape. I can think of scenarios where racism would be a relevant issue in a trial, such as if a jury is deliberating intent in a crime (ex. manslaughter vs. second degree murder). Sentencing, though, should be colorblind.

By ignoring the racial aspect of crimes like the knock-out game/'polar bear hunting,' law enforcement is failing to fulfill their duty to protect the community. If citizens are aware of a pattern in victims/perpetrators, they can take precautions and use heightened awareness in vulnerable situations.

Political-correctness is at the heart of this issue. The idea that we should rely solely on law enforcement for protection is also a part of it. Clearly, an army-sized police force is not enough to prevent this type of behavior in New York. Sadly, the first person to use a firearm to defend against this kind of thuggery will probably end up as the next George Zimmerman.

no actually, in one case anyway.. it was fairly recently i read a story where one of these goofs snuck up on a dude at the bus stop and it turned out he was legaly packing and shot the guy in his ass
..no charges laid..i will try and find the story
ok here is the story..they tried to use a tazer to knock out their victim
www.wnd.com...
edit on 20-11-2013 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

I've seen a few of these.
More often than not, the victim/shooter ends-up paying a higher price than the thug.
In South Texas, it's better if the "authorities" are left out, and the land-owners take care of things themselves.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Snarl

HanzHenry
What is it with the inner city ...?

The truth is, it's a hard place to climb out of. One misstep and the only time you're on the outside, is when you're on a violent hunt for victims living a better lifestyle than you are. Hardly anyone of means willingly goes down there to see how bad it is for themselves (lest they too become a victim). The unfortunate are left to fend for themselves and we sit on the outside wondering why their kids act like feral animals.

The Knockout Game is what's left over when there's no better entertainment to be found.

I remember my dad beating the Hell out of a hood rat back in the '60s. The guy knew what manners were, but it was the '60s and rebellion was a norm. I remember when gang violence was principally perpetrated by poorly educated white kids. But, back then, violence was met with overwhelming counter-violence ... And that might be the reason we see such overreaction by the cops in the news everyday.

Who can define every cause for this? You can't ... It is what it is. The MSM don't have a clue how to address the issue. The problem right now is they're leaving it to the conservative media to report ... And they're all too happy to associate the blame with blacks being the problem instead of just the perps. As others have opined in this thread, that's not the 'cause' of the issues ... but in the absence of a better target, I can guess where the finger of blame is going to point too.
Excellent post, brother.
-Cheers

WOW.

You have summed-up far better than my pathetic post the root of what is killing our society.
We were once a people who looked out for each other.

Today, we look for the feds, school districts, and the police to do our "jobs" for us.
Anymore, citizens who stand up for themselves, or who demand recognition from gov't of their rights and privileges, are kicked to the back of the list of "issues" to be addressed by TPTB.

I will stand up for my right to be secure n my person and property against all intrusions.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

theantediluvian
This is totally getting no coverage in the evil liberal MSM. None at all.

GIVE ME A BREAK. This is all over the news. Why pretend that there is some grand plot to suppress news of these incidents when there obviously isn't one?
edit on 20-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

How sad for you, to get your information spoon-fed from the MSM.

This has been going on for years!

Now, the MSM cannot whitewash the story, and have to homogenize it to fit your predelictions.
Keep living in your dream.

I dare you to walk after dark in any of dozens of neighborhoods we used to stroll.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

superman2012
reply to post by jdub297

Get over yourself! You know blacks can't be racist! Just white people can be!

I wonder what they are going to do about this? What CAN they do about this? My fear is, nothing. Then we will see gangs of other races setting up traps until we have a "Westside Story" scenario and people are dancing and killing eachother in the streets...okay sorry, trying to inject a little humour.

I apologize.

We have no business getting do-nuts at the bakery.
We have no business getting hot dogs at the butcher's.
I should know better than to walk to the post office.

This is all my fault.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Spookybelle
I'm curious how the OP found out about it if it's being covered up?

Seems a bit odd.

How can you link to something that isn't being reported?

Because it only makes local newspaper news. Mainstream and national news channels won't bother reporting black on black crime like drug deals gone bad, or even people being killed in this knockout game - critics compare the news silence to crickets chirping. But the minute a Mexican security guard shoots a black teenager, then it's headline news at six live at the scene with news helicopters flying overhead, eyewitness accounts, reporters on the ground, statements from family relatives, every national leader making a statement.

Even in Europe, if some immigrants from another country attack a white woman, then the description given out is "police are looking to question two men wearing blue jeans, trainers and jerseys". Even when they have HD CCTV footage in color. You have to go to the local newspapers to get the names, nationality of the suspects in question.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

I am sorry that you've been deprived of the news for so long.
If you need to catch up, you might try a search for "knockout game."

Good luck.
I hope you meet these people very soon.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Wow, you are right on top of this.
Please do your best to step out and stroll about the referenced neighborhoods.
Please take your family with you.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

jdub297

Wow, you are right on top of this.
Please do your best to step out and stroll about the referenced neighborhoods.
Please take your family with you.

Nice diversion. You made the following statement:

While these have been portrayed in the MSM as sporadic, spontaneous, and limited, the reality is that the "knockout game" phenomenon is widespread and 100% racist; although none of the MSM or involved authorities will come out and says so.

I demonstrated that this was clearly not true. I never said the "knock-out game" isn't happening or even that it isn't a hate crime. These are two separate issues and the one I was speaking to was your assertion that the MSM has a bias against reporting crimes committed by black people.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

hoss53
Poor inner city, deprived, uneducated and cowardly youth. Perhaps it should be mandated that all law abiding citizens wear helmets so as not to upset the delicate balance of racism in our cities.

No. it will be mandated that you carry, and give up, a certain portion of your disposable income to the first person to ask for /demand it.

Oh, wait.
That's what we do today.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Go out.
Walk around.
Call 9-11

Except for episodic and sporadic "notes", the MSM refuses to acknowledge this for what it is.
If you think it is overblown, or unwarranted, make the news coverage more accurate.

I dare you to walk "downtown" after dark
edit on 21-11-2013 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Sadly i suspect this has been going on for a long time in cities and liberal states that tend to have lots of multi-culturism and strict concealed carry laws. I know in new jersey there was plenty of gang and drug violence and this was almost 20 years ago.

A lot of it was race orientated but not all of it. Hispanics, blacks, orientals would attack each other. It wasnt something out of control but you still had to be on guard all the time.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

jrod
There maybe some good logic behind a media blackout of this trend. They may not want too much news coverage out of fear it will inspire copycats and encourage those who got away with it to do it again because they get some sort of sick satisfaction out of the media coverage.

If this is true, why do they have nonstop coverage of mass shootings like Sandy Hook and Aurora? If the hypothesis you propose here is true, that the media doesn't report this violence because it would increase this type of violence by increasing the saliency of the act in the minds of people capable of doing it themselves, this would then suggest that when the media goes into non stop coverage of mass shootings they do so knowing the coverage will beget more mass shootings.

Hmmmm...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Carrying concealed does little to prevent an ambush attack.

Best advice ... be aware of what's going on around you and trust your instincts. You can't do this if you're on your cell phone.

Amen Brother!

Some of the attacks I have seen (video, or read after action report) the victim never knew what hit them. There is no confrontation or monkey dance (look it up) before the event. As a CHL this type of assault bothers me about as much as anything for when you are cold cocked and laying unconscious then it is a simple thing to be robbed and relieved of your weapon and belongings.
Being shot with your own weapon and then said weapon used on others would not be a nice day even in hell.

I actually know someone who had this happen to him but it was not black on white but 5 Spanish dudes who walked past my friend and then got him from behind. He is lucky to be alive and probably would not be today if it had not happened on a semi busy street. If I remember right the youngest was 13 or 14 and the oldest was 19.

There is a situation in S.E. Asia where some young bucks ( 2 on a motorcycle) ride around looking for people who are wearing a gold chain or a woman with a nice purse. They do a drive by snatch and grab but are usually gone in seconds.

There were two Ladies outside a 5 star hotel from the Australian Tourist board standing an talking when the were approached by two guys. The lady tried to keep her purse and was stabbed (later died) and her friend (lady friend) was also stabbed and cut but did survive.

Situational awareness, even to the point of walking across a street when being approached by an unknown group is just about the only defense one might have... but even at that, one of the guys who got cold cocked in Florida was actually walking on a street in a neighborhood and two guys came from behind his back "Kapow" he was down for the count except just to make sure there were several sneaker shod feet to the head; messed him up big time. Guess they don't call them sneakers for nothing ?

I would hate to be the one who tried to defend myself and ended up shooting 3 or 4 thugs who were intent on beating my wife and me to a bloody pulp. The after action MSM report with interview of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would make you wish you had been killed IMO. Certainly not something I ever want to face.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Actually this stuff is pretty common in coastal urban areas. Washington DC, New Orleans, Detriot, Los Angeles, NYC, Chicago its almost to be expected you will eventually get robbed and beat to hell. Even NJ which was sandwiched between philiadelphia and nyc had lots of violence.

Blacks, hispanics, irish, italians are known to be rough.

On the west coast there are plenty of asian gangs too.

I am suprised that so many people are suprised.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
Actually this stuff is pretty common in coastal urban areas. Washington DC, New Orleans, Detriot, Los Angeles, NYC, Chicago its almost to be expected you will eventually get robbed and beat to hell. Even NJ which was sandwiched between philiadelphia and nyc had lots of violence.

Blacks, hispanics, irish, italians are known to be rough.

On the west coast there are plenty of asian gangs too.

I am suprised that so many people are suprised.

Hey I am half Italian and soft as butter
Then again I'm not American. I think that in such a large country polarisation happens more quickly.
But on topic, of course you need to profile the unsubs (thank you Criminal Minds for that word) and their targets. With you I mean the police and so on. Anyway I think that in cities as Detroit (half empty right?) police is scarce and some people tend to become inhuman. Lots of time and frustration, and 'knocking out' an unspecting victim seems a nice change. I really don't know what a society needs to do to stop these tendencies. It makes me sad.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

and why are people surprised? the Liberal education system has been taking the trellises away from the tomato plants for years. the tomatoes then sit on the ground and Rot!
take away all ethics, morals, teachings of the greek/roman/renaissance/spiritual, and what do you have?

then how about all of the Orphans? these are kids with no parents as they both work. the street raises the kids.

then it is up to the cops and the gov. to do the job!

ah, but ethics and morals REPRESS!
cannot have repression can we? once called "self-discipline", this Focusing for goals has gone out of fashion.

one problem is that these beat-up kids probably hate themselves. thus they hate anyone else and they attack the weaker looking people. why do they hate themselves? why again, look at their parents and their environment. they are very very Poor, often.

ah, but being Poor is now seen as a sin!! if one is poor, one cannot Buy Much! cannot contribute to society. but was not "contributing to society" once something like "volunteering and serving and helping others? well, once. now for many it is to Make That Purchase.

the poor kids are not feeling good about themselves partly as no one teaches them that "life-enjoyment" has
little to do with $$$ and possessions! Most of the Good Stuff is still free.
watching a sunset, talking with a friend, things like that.

so maybe these knock-em kids feel left out.

ah..but what if one of these kids wins a lottery? how many stores have I heard of where a lottery winner just blew the money away within a year.

comes back to Parenting, again. try arresting some of these kids! parents sue police, the city, the street cleaners, the Air too, if they could! many parents live out their lives through the kids.

just go watch a "comedy" where the hero is the thief! so so many parents feel so ripped off by "everything" that they want deep revenge.

banning all mothers with kids from working?
re instituting character building studies in schools?
--might help.

I leave you with a true story.

there once was a wonderful mural painter who painted a huge mural on the walls of a local west coast school.
maybe 20 foot high and 40 foot long, on a gym wall where there was no windows.
the mural was only of a head, a Jerry Gargia-type person, the Benevolent Hippy!

a week later the kids grafetti covered all that they could reach.

the painter went back and cleaned.

they did it again.

now he went back during school hours and asked the kids why they messed up the mural.

to the one, all of them said, "that mural invalidates us all! it is authority figure and will tell us how to live and to do and it MUST Go"!

he overpainted the mural to sky-at-night with stars. the mural was never messed with again!

Jesus is just another Mother-Faka who tells you what the F..K to do with your life!!
all authority does.

100,000+ years of self/ego Repression has got to go---the "worldspirit of today"!

when the pendulum swings way over to that other side, this is what you get.

someday we all will tire of this and elect a "Hitler" to set things right and no one will have any rights at all, but at least we all will feel much much safer! better not be a homo/minority/weird inteleectual, then!!

freestone

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join