It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media and Political Cover-Up of "Knockout Game" Rampage Across the U. S.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't know about the alleged epidemic cover up, but there is certainly a culture of 'solidarity' for want of a better term that goes ignored.

I've experienced this both in America and Australia where I will be more accepted when I am accompanied by an Native Australian or African American friend. By myself am just a white person, which warrants no respect if not disrespect. When I'm with a friend we will get friendly hellos from complete strangers. It saddens me.

There is a culture of highlighting slavery and the sins of white people in a division that can't be healed if it continues. It doesn't stop me having friends from all kinds of backgrounds but it certainly contributes to this type of behaviour, and makes me embarrassingly wary in parts of some cities or areas.

I'm not sure how to handle. I've educated myself as much as possible and often times situations are diffused by me just being friendly in the face of hostility but there is a part of me that always thinks ... Should I really have to be doing this?

At what point does solidarity become supremacy and racism? I actually don't know, am just asking.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Knockout Game ... bad thing ... violent crime.

Cops can't do anything because the perps don't hang around. Victims most likely wouldn't be able to receive financial compensation from the perp (if s/he were caught). Rotatating prison system isn't much of a deterrent. Having something like this show up on on a rap sheet doesn't matter when you don't have to find a job and work for a living. Carrying concealed does little to prevent an ambush attack.

Best advice ... be aware of what's going on around you and trust your instincts. You can't do this if you're on your cell phone.

The cops are very aware of this. I still receive LEO advisements and there's usually some intel on the subject. The politicians are aware of it, but they have no solutions either. I saw Bernie Goetz make the news the other day.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Funny, when 9/11 happened I remember the news sources saying there were 19 hijackers, of Middle Eastern descent 15 of which were from Saudi Arabia. MSM does like to spin it when it suits them now don't they?

But, we know why it's not reported. Rolls eyes.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

It's not 100% racist, and it's not something that should ever be called a game. A friend of mine recently returned to my area in Northern Ireland from Donegal, and spoke of gangs in Donegal town attacking elderly folk causing serious injury, (his reason for leaving) he is not old, but disgusted. It's the same thing, and sinister.
Otherwise you are right, it is kept under the radar, there is probably an agenda by evil people, that agenda could be worldwide, it could be local but invested interest mimicry. There will be no easy solution either.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

i've read about this a bunch of times on various news media outlets.

not sure if its really a coverup if its pretty much everywhere in the news

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

RickyD
I can't wait for the day the CCW carrier is targeted...and when its over and a group of young thu...I mean troubled youths are all layed around leaking, it should be nationally covered so its clear what the result can be.

There was this incident posted here

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

How can you link to something that isn't being reported?

reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

I see no information in your post to indicate that these incidents are more frequent and the news is being suppressed.

Fox launches full-frontal assault on black mobs

You may or may not like WND as a source but they're stories are linked to other original sources as well. The right hand column has a lot of similar articles. Going to the original sources show that the outlets are often not allowed to include race in the oft repeated crimes.

edit on 077pm5555pm62013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Spookybelle
I'm curious how the OP found out about it if it's being covered up?

Of course, your preferred channel of info leaves you in the dark and among the low-information.
The only way to know what's going on is to dig for yourself. See what I found? Yow didn't know this, did you?
Or, do you know it and chose to ignore it?

Note that the links are NOT for MSM sources, like the NYT, people like the poster rely and depend upon.

Regardless of the source, facts speak for themselves.

Do you contend that this isn't fact, or that you think it's a great idea whose time has came?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

"people MIGHT take things into their own hands. "

Isn't this what we are seeing?

"People" taking their prejudices and hatred into their own hands and acting upon it without regard for the consequences?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

(Sits back knowing this thread is going to get extremely racial) However, these isolated incidents are going to blown out of proportion by the scary media. I'm just calling it early. The knockout game is not a new thing it's just something that is being reported now because it is a slow news week. The Knockout game has been played since the early 90's and it isn't just black males going around playing it. It is also played in Canada and France. The idea behind the game is to find the weakest person you can, who is preferably alone, hit them once and knock them out. It's a messed up game but that is what happens when you get crowds of unruly young men together who are out for a cheap laugh. And people with concealed weapons, it won't help because the whole object of the game is to sucker punch. You won't see it coming. Just keep your distance if you expect violence, or flash your piece.

Now, I'm speaking from personal experience I have seen the knockout game in action. With some white guys in Canada after leaving the bar. And they knocked out an annoying drunk white woman. Same effects. These types of stories are just flashpoints of unpredictable violence that happens to people. It isn't a trend. It is something that happens every once in a while. The same with people getting robbed of their iPhones. It happens in a society where poverty is growing and the rich are getting richer. Just expect it. Especially when the poor do not have an education or an outlet to vent their frustrations. It starts with the Knock Out Game...leads to full scale riots. Not a race thing.....Yet.
edit on 20-11-2013 by ltheghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

I see no information in your post to indicate that these incidents are more frequent and the news is being suppressed.

Do you think this is imaginary?
Do you Believe that someone just made this up?

Did you miss the list of cities?
If you were truly interested, you would do a simple "Google" search; but that would burst your politically-correct bubbles and progressive pudding.

I invite you to 38th and Winthorp, Indpls., any day and any hour. Tell me your sob story from there, if you still can.
jw
edit on 20-11-2013 by jdub297 because: questions

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

OpenMindedRealist
reply to post by seeker1963

Been waiting for a thread on this.

I agree -- race should never be a factor when it comes to sentencing. Assault is assault, murder is murder, rape is rape. I can think of scenarios where racism would be a relevant issue in a trial, such as if a jury is deliberating intent in a crime (ex. manslaughter vs. second degree murder). Sentencing, though, should be colorblind.

By ignoring the racial aspect of crimes like the knock-out game/'polar bear hunting,' law enforcement is failing to fulfill their duty to protect the community. If citizens are aware of a pattern in victims/perpetrators, they can take precautions and use heightened awareness in vulnerable situations.

Political-correctness is at the heart of this issue. The idea that we should rely solely on law enforcement for protection is also a part of it. Clearly, an army-sized police force is not enough to prevent this type of behavior in New York. Sadly, the first person to use a firearm to defend against this kind of thuggery will probably end up as the next George Zimmerman.

I am 100% against "hate crimes." These designations raise one type of victim over another, based upon the discretion of the charging authority. The effects of Assault are the sane, regardless of motivation. A bigot's predilections should come out in the punishment phase; not guilt or innocence.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by Jefferton

Snippity-doo-daa, snippity dee day...

Oh the irony!!!!!

Read my above post. Wrong is wrong, and here you are using the "Race Card" to perpetuate the hate!!!

Well done!

Thank you for proving my point!

The government loves you! sigh
edit on 20-11-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/20/2013 by Mirthful Me because: Removed actioned commet that had been quoted...

What a surprise !
Your link is dead.

As for race-motivation, the reports , and the perpetrators' words, speak for themselves.

Your bubble is burst, and no one is crying for your uninformed biases.
The only use if the "race card" comes from the objective recitation of facts.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Cancerwarrior
reply to post by Spookybelle

I'm curious how the OP found out about it if it's being covered up?
Seems a bit odd.

Imagine if it was the other way around, and young white men were targeting black people specifically for suckerpunches or even worse beatings than that.
Do you think there would be more than one or two stories about it from MSM sources then?

Have you seen any such stories?
Do you think Sharpton or Jackson or MSNBC would let that go without mention?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

The biggest threat to ANY government, is a man whom tries to bring peace amongst different races!

Who would notice that the greatest changes have been at the behest of men rather than government?

edit on 20-11-2013 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Yes@! we are told in our government schools that "reparations" are due. Looking backward, our press and politicians can cover their prejudices in flowering language of "justice."

There is a culture of highlighting slavery and the sins of white people in a division that can't be healed if it continues. It doesn't stop me having friends from all kinds of backgrounds but it certainly contributes to this type of behaviour, and makes me embarrassingly wary in parts of some cities or areas. [/quote[

In light of pat perceived injustices, there is no limit to the atrocities that the MSM will ignore to "square the circle."

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Booshka
reply to post by jdub297

Funny, when 9/11 happened I remember the news sources saying there were 19 hijackers, of Middle Eastern descent 15 of which were from Saudi Arabia. MSM does like to spin it when it suits them now don't they?

But, we know why it's not reported. Rolls eyes.

Of course the MSM jumps on board and captures the lift of the rising tide.
They need the eyes drawn to the current headline.

Where's the follow-up?

And what have been the consequences?
Show me the disgust and revelations.

You won't see them in the MSM.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

mikeyb1313
reply to post by jdub297

i've read about this a bunch of times on various news media outlets.
not sure if its really a coverup if its pretty much everywhere in the news

Great!
Show mw the NYT, or WaPo or LATimes headlines.
Show me anything the MSM has run or started looking into the vicious attacks upon innocent civilians across the U. S. A.

jw

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

You may or may not like WND as a source but they're stories are linked to other original sources as well. The right hand column has a lot of similar articles. Going to the original sources show that the outlets are often not allowed to include race in the oft repeated crimes.

Regardless of the source, the facts cannot be denied.

No one thus far among the Progressive faithful has shown these attacks NOT to be true.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

ltheghost
reply to post by jdub297

, these isolated incidents are going to blown out of proportion by the scary media.

Except, they're NOT. the "scary media" posts nothing of this; you have to dig for information to get it. This is buried by denialists who pray that gov't will deliver us from all iniquity.

The idea behind the game is to find the weakest person you can, who is preferably alone, hit them once and knock them out. It's a messed up game but that is what happens when you get crowds of unruly young men together who are out for a cheap laugh.

funny, that . I do not recall any stories buried anywhere o young white females, or males, or the elderly attacking people "just for laughs." I can't wait to meet you.

I have seen the knockout game in action.

Coward.

It isn't a trend. It is something that happens every once in a while.

Like rape, theft, robbery, murder and assault.

The same with people getting robbed of their iPhones. It happens in a society where poverty is growing and the rich are getting richer. Just expect it.

Please send us your address and unlock all your doors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join