It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Liberties under scrutiny..Over Internet.& Immigration.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
United States v. Councilman, a federal appeals case involving whether email can be "intercepted" in violation of federal wiretap law while it is temporarily retained on an email server -- even if only for a fraction of a second.Privacy International (PI) is a human rights group formed in 1990 as a watchdog on surveillance and privacy invasions by governments and corporations. PI is based in London, England, and has an office in Washington, D.C.
EPIC urged the Department of Homeland Security to consider privacy implications as it expands the United States Visitor and Immigrant Status Indicator Technology (US-VISIT), a controversial border entry-exit program. In August, the agency announced that it would expand US-VISIT to the 50 busiest land border points of entry by the end of this year. It also expanded the category of individuals who are subject to US-VISIT to include visa waiver travelers and Mexican citizens traveling to and from the U.S. EPIC's comments emphasized the potential for mission creep within the program, and noted the importance of safeguarding the accuracy and security of the information collected through US-VISIT.

www.indefenseoffreedom.org...

www.indefenseoffreedom.org...

The Transportation Security Administration has ordered 72 airlines to turn over a month's worth of passenger data to test the Secure Flight passenger prescreening program. The airlines have been told they must give the agency all passenger records from June 2004 domestic flights by November 23....

Bowing to pressure from the House in negotiations over legislation to implement the 9/11 Commission's recommendations,the Senate has agreed that the government's intelligence budget will remain classified.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Horus_Re]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I Just don't get it.....Not One reply!!!??????????

Afterall the constant adds of "Who Wants A Green Card" on the site...&
the fact that ALL the Liberties We take forgranted talking about Goverments,and Black projects....

I have noticed this fact for a couple of days now,but I did'nt bother about my topics being unreplied to....I still Don't;!
But I thought this one might just get someone to take the seemingly Banned step of Replying!!

Did I offend someone,or said something to somebody that might have been out of line....PLEASE let me know ;;;It should'nt be kept ATS!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is messed up, they could possibly read your e-mail and if they see something they dont like then you could be labelled an enemy combatant for disagreeing with the current presdient (as outlined in the patriot act Pt1 & Pt2). Im at work so cant write much, tho I will when I log on at home later....your right tho, it has been unusally quite onn this site all of today and for the last 2 days, even the usual mods dont seem to be around much??? Not sure why more havent replied...but good luck....maybe if u give it a lil more time ya might get a few latecomers

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is one of the curses of living in the information age.The ease and speed of data makes this type of monitoring possible. No doubt our surfing habits and the like will all be thrown in under the NSA's eshelon umbrella to beter keep tabs on all of us. I mean think about what they can track already:

What we buy as grocery stores (if we use a card for discounts) we made out name up.
Anything we buy by credit card
the lists go on and on

top topics

join