It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LG Smart TV Caught Collecting Data On Files Stored On Connected USB Drives

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Fascinating thread (even though I am in way over my head w/some of the tech explanations).

If we are discussing "smart" devices, lets toss SMART METERS into the conversation. Electric providers are replacing standard "old school" electric meters w/Smart Meters. Meters that can "read" when you Smart TV, dishwasher, washer/dryer, furnace, central air, coffee maker, etc are "on." What time of day you used them, how long the appliance was in use, etc. Why in the "event" of an "emergency" your home temperature selection (let's say you like to keep your house a toasty 76 degrees in the winter) but your energy provider/govt determines that 68 degrees is optimal...your thermostat temperature selection can easily be "adjusted" remotely.

For the good of the collective and all.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I guess LG now knows what my ex girlfriend looks like naked then lol. Everyone should upload pics of buttholes or Photoshopped pics of Obama with a turban on for them. Maybe they will stop doing this crap.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I warned about these TVs when they first came out over a year and half ago. Guess I was right.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

I could see that being an anon op. Operation LG Goatsee LMAO

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join