It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Inhofe's Son Killed in Plane Crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I didn't hear anything about this at all on the MSM. I wonder if this was just a plane crash or something more nefarious?

November 11, 2013

(Reuters) - The son of U.S. Senator James Inhofe was killed in a weekend plane crash near Tulsa, Oklahoma, the office of the U.S. Defense Secretary said on Monday. Neither the senator's office nor Oklahoma law enforcement officials would confirm the death, but local media reported unnamed family members and the mayor of Tulsa as saying that Perry Inhofe died in the crash of a small aircraft on Sunday. "I was deeply saddened to learn that Senator Jim Inhofe's son Perry was killed in a plane crash this weekend," Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said in a statement. "The entire Department of Defense community stands with the Inhofe's at this tragic time, with enduring appreciation for all they do on behalf of our military."

articles.chicagotribune.com... -board

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The plane he was flying had a horrible safety record to begin with. It's better than it was, but it's had quite a few accidents.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It's not a good airplane? Why would anyone willingly own an airplane that is a piece of junk? Here's a photo of one. It looks like the wings being up top not such a good design. I don't have any expertise so that's just my impression looking at it. Not enough wing surface. Why nothing on the news about this?
www.tulsaworld.com... f6878.html

www.bing.com...=detail&id=1CB9FD0C47C6CA6AA50E787F55 E65DD2507144C8&selectedIndex=3

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Going from memory (I'll post more when I have more time), most of the accidents were non fatal, but it's a fairly inexpensive aircraft, with good range, and the ability to fly high with to dodge storms.

High wing designs like this have advantage over a low wing, such as the ability to land places a low wing might have trouble with.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You think a high wing design is bad? Wow... where did you get that information from?

Check the planes with high wing design please.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
MU-2's were all the rage in the 80's...
fast off the runway

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I can't stand Senator Inhofe but I wouldn't wish the loss of a son or daughter on anyone. Sympathies to him and his family.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
MU-2 has no ailerons,

It uses spoilers for roll control, this allows full span fowler flaps to increase wing area 21% for low speed landing and short field operation.

Wonder about effectiveness of spoilers when wing is in stall such as in a high speed turn.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

This is the second senators son to die suddenly, the other one allegedly killed himself with a gun, shortly after stabbing his senator Dad with a knife.
I'm not suggesting any conspiracy and I am not saying this is linked with all of the generals who are being fired recently.
Weird coincidences though, it is good nobody or no nation is not trying to push the US into a war huh?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

FraternitasSaturni

You think a high wing design is bad? Wow... where did you get that information from?

Check the planes with high wing design please.

I meant that particular plane, the wings don't look big enough compared with the size of the fuselage. I'm not an expert. It's an ugly looking plane.

top topics

join