It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Advice To Underpaid Employees: Break Food Into Pieces To Keep You Full

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I am just saying, there are jobs here in the united states, ones that pay well with minimum training... so I can't fathom people complaining about minimum wage jobs, if they want to support their family they can with some effort...

Someone who simply draws blood for a living here makes an average hourly wage between $10.50 and $13.50 just starting out. However, as the technician's experience and education increases, he or she can expect to earn up to $17.50 per hour, with the potential to earn more than $40,000 per year.

And people want to complain about minimum wage? I know a place right now that trains you in the above and gets you certified and pays 10.00 an hour while training and certifying you.. with some experience there you can move on and make great money, and you never have to pay for any part of the learning process and certification process because they pay you!
edit on 22-11-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
There seems to be a division here, two different attitudes.

One seems to say that if a person is doing a job for the employer, it is important for the employer to at least give that person enough money to live on, and perhaps to maintain a spouse.

The other school of thought seems to be saying the employer should give the employee money based on his contribution to the business.

The first choice seems to be turning the business from a money making organization to an anti-poverty one. I suppose I can understand that. The government has spent trillions of dollars and decades of effort with no effect on poverty. It looks like they want somebody else to spend the money now. Why they think it will make any difference is beyond me, but it will take money out of the business sector, generally conceded to be a bad idea.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
How much more is it gonna take? How much is enough? Starve yourself so they can turn a profit. But the big picture is money, making us slaves, we need it, the fat cats want it. Without the workers they are nothing.

Thats my point,maybe everyone involved in the sick little cycle will understand. These people (McD, Walmart,etc) will understand this symbiotic relationship, without us to clean the parasites they will fester and die.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I worked for corp restaurants for years as a server and manager and I can tell you from experience that you are nothing more than expendable. You and your business must answer to the "share holders" if you don't pump out enough money based on "projections" they set that are to lofty and unreachable. It forces the people who work their to make decisions that affect things like service and quality to make these lofty goals. Then they corp will dangle a bonus/carrot in front of you and make one or two goals impossible to reach without completely screwing the customer (which if they complain, the corp will fire you on the drop of a dime and replace you with someone cheaper, which is why the goals are impossible to obtain) and then say "this month you only get 25 percent of your bonus because you didnt hit projections. This equates to about 17 extra dollars on your check after taxes. Enjoy and work harder." And you do.

You (the employee) make money for someone else making more money than you. The moment you stop or hinder them making money, you are fired. Easy math. How much does it cost to train an employee vs. how much money will you lose the share holders.

Pretty soon, you will walk into a McDonald's and all the employee's will be naked, like in a diamond mine, so they can't eat or steal any McRibs.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Is it better to try or not to try?

McDonald's knows very well as do the other chains, that they employee basic unskilled workers and that regardless of their greed the little guys do need to be looked after.

Yeah ok im not saying "go macdonalds you rock) but i dont see other large chains giving any advice out.

And for the record, you feel more full faster having eaten smaller bites - its to do with mouthful/chewing/swallowing.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Hope this hasn't be posted.

McDONALD'S has told its staff to return any seasonal gifts and eat stale bread and bruised apples if they are having difficulty to live on their wage.
Source Here
edit on 23/11/2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Break Food Into Pieces To Keep You Full

Gives a whole new meaning too "you deserve a break today"

edit on 23-11-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
So lets put this into perspective... Are all of you suggesting that McD workers are starving? I think not...

Now lets take the typical (well overweight) fast food worker... They will shovel their food down their throats and overstuff themselves since it takes time for your system to register that you are full. Now if you break up your food it forces you to eat it slower then you end up actually feeling full with less food in your belly...

This is a good thing... BTW... Well unless you are working hard to be 300+ pounds.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

amraks

Hope this hasn't be posted.

McDONALD'S has told its staff to return any seasonal gifts and eat stale bread and bruised apples if they are having difficulty to live on their wage.
Source Here

It wasn't long ago that fast-food places was a job for those under 18 to get started and make a little money in the process of getting some experience.

To day it seems we have adults, with kids, house, cars, etc that feel these jobs should pay for all that too...well they never have and most likely never will.

All I can say is if you are an adult with all the cost of a family why the hell are you working at McD for minimum wage, or close to it?

edit on 23-11-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

They are employees and being paid appropriately. They make more than 90% of the population of the world. It's not vitriol, it's reality. Get you a dose drama queen.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
Whats more... your talking about the UK.. and I am talking about the USA.. here, there are more healthcare jobs available, than there are people to take them!

That depends on where in the states you live. The local hospitals here have recently undergone budget cuts, and with those cuts went various jobs. This, in turn, has caused our hospitals to be understaffed...but because they are also under budget, the cuts are seen as a plan "well done". I know RN's who've had to take on the additional responsibilities of CNA's because of the hospital being understaffed.
edit on 24-11-2013 by zillah because: spelling

edit on 24-11-2013 by zillah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join