It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Advice To Underpaid Employees: Break Food Into Pieces To Keep You Full

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Boy, when it comes to these massive corporate entities it seems they have no shame or compassion. At some point you would think that profits aren't as necessarily important as the 'peons' doing the job and creating the wealth to begin with.

How about offering a living wage that your employees can survive on, considering how vast your profits were last year and the decade before that.

It's almost inconceivable that a corporation with huge net gains can only offer this type of solution to their low payed employees, " break your food up to stay full," really, that's it? No extra sandwich or fries? Oh that's right, your advice to all the hungry employees was to get food stamps on the governments dole.

What a bunch of elitists schmucks...

Source

The latest friendly advice from McDonald’s to their low-wage workers includes tips on how to better handle stress--as well as how to fill yourself up better with dinner. The fast-food corporation instructs workers that breaking food into pieces” will keep you full.

edit on 20-11-2013 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

That must be how chicken nuggets work

While there is competition from other restaurants, the need to milk every last bit from your low wage employees will never stop.

Share holders dont care at all about anything but the return on their investment. Workers still work. The world keeps turning.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I wonder if McDonalds has a meal allowance. I used to work at Big Boy as a dishwasher back in the seventies and they did.

I worked at a supper club during fish fries washing dishes and ate like a king. The owner probably had to charge a quarter extra on every fish fry to pay for the fish I ate.

Young people, between 17 and 30 who are active can metabolize this fast food better than the older people can. An occasional meal there is not bad for older people unless their metabolism doesn't allow it.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Hey, there is a chemical in chicken nuggets that actually fights viruses. Strange things happen in this world.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Now, i don't defend these fat and money makers but.... the science behind that concept is however, true.

Breaking a large meal into small pieces does make you feel full and prevent over eating.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

And what is next?

Fast food chains blame their low paid employees for previously over eating?

"Dont complain you are hungry, you ate too much in the first place fatty! now back to work!" - i could believe it.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Break your food "into pieces"?

I don't get it.

As opposed to what, stuffing an entire "food" into your mouth all at once?

Nope, still not getting it.

And what exactly does one break food with? I'm not sure I've ever broken food, except for maybe that weird tasting hard candy that comes with it's own hammer.

edit on 20-11-2013 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well, how else do they think it goes down the hatch when it has to be CHEWED?
Moronic.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Reminds me of the old pizza joke:
"Mr Pizza Man, can you cut that into 6 slices, I don't think I can eat 8.
"

Except now it will go like this, "can you cut it into 24 slices, I'm hungry today.
"

Anyhow, I do believe in the grazing is good for you but this sounds like a corporate strategy to help their employees get a little more healthy and fit by spreading out their meal so their bodies don't accidentally clog up from too much grease and fat at a time.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I ate my first McDonalds burger in 20 years the other day. It was so freaking awful that I could not finish it. As far as I am concerned the entire chain can go screw it'self.

Why a Big Mac should cost $200.00
The production of Big Macs in the U.S. every year results in a greenhouse gas footprint of 2.66 billion pounds of CO2 ($297 million) Costs of corn feed subsidies, courtesy of the common taxpayer ($4.6 billion) Costs from “social subsidy” in the form of welfare offered to minimum wage fast-food workers ($273 million) Public health costs due to diet-related diseases from excessive meat consumption ($30-60 billion) When all is said and done, the cost of a Big Mac should really be around $200.

Link to Article

Add to that add the true cost of Walmart to the taxpayers of about three billion a year in "welfare" for their employees and Voila you have the epitome of usury and slave ownership of the lower class. Face it, when you work your tail off and can't afford to eat where you work there is a serious problem.

I boycott places like McDonalds, Walmart, Burger King etc etc. I am still ashamed I caved and bought a burger but I have to admit I was curious what it would taste like. Especially since I grew up eating that crap. Awful non food.
edit on 20-11-2013 by Mamatus because: fix link

edit on 20-11-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What I don't understand is do they mean grazing on smaller portions more often, or simply breaking each meal into "small pieces" on your plate? I always thought that chewing your food broke it down into small pieces... Although I'm not sure people still chew their food lol

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It just dawned on me, maybe they want their employees to eat less at a sitting so they can think better when running the registers and cooking. If they can think better they make less mistakes. It doesn't look good to the public when they see the whole crew looking doped up after eating. People might start to go eat somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Nice work McDonald's on the "here's how to accept the screw-job that we're giving you, and by the way should be thankful for it" routine. They're all about corporate responsibility except where it counts most: paying up.

Now, I think I'm going full-retard here, or perhaps not had enough coffee yet, but how else does one eat without breaking food into pieces? Serious question.

Edit: Look at the posts that got in before mine, I'm glad I'm not the only one baffled by the "breaking food into pieces" bit.

edit on 20-11-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If it's not enough food to sustain someone for a gruelling eight hour shift, it doesn't matter how slow they eat their meal. Not enough food is not enough food. Not to mention that those mandatory thirty minute breaks are often cut to twenty minutes or less in effort to fully function on an understaffed crew.

I worked at McDonald's right out of high school. The notion of a "q-ing oven" was enough to make me quit.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

zillah
Not enough food is not enough food.

Exactly!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Yep and cashiers are being punched by dimwitted a**hole customers, too. It was on Dr Drew yesterday. I swear to GOD if there is a person that ever hits my daughter At a McDonalds while she's working there (which is where she's working right now) I'm killing that SOB real quick I really don't Give a F***. I will kill them and then sue McDonald's for every damn penny I can squeeze out of their #. I would never work for them, considering ASSHOLES are going around punching workers. They sure as hell don't pay enough to take sucker punches to the face!!! Guaranteed it was also a welfare recipient the worse customers I ever had at Wal Mart were welfare case B*****.

edit on 20-11-2013 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

ldyserenity
reply to post by Daedal

Yep and cashiers are being punched by dimwitted a**hole customers, too. It was on Dr Drew yesterday. I swear to GOD if there is a person that ever hits my daughter At a McDonalds while she's working there (which is where she's working right now) I'm killing that SOB real quick I really don't Give a F***. I will kill them and then sue McDonald's for every damn penny I can squeeze out of their #. I would never work for them, considering ASSHOLES are going around punching workers. Guaranteed it was also a welfare recipient the worse customers I ever had at Wal Mart were welfare case B*****.

Not to derail this thread, but here is that video with sound. I saw this a few weeks back and just sat there at the screen like O_____o

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zillah

I don't know why the sound wasn't on the video I posted it was there when I ran it before I posted??

But yet more and more reasons for nobody to eat or work there, every single day. Besides it's killing our nation. It isn't over consumption of meat either. I could eat meat all day and night and not be sickly, it's the over consumption of super saturated fats and cholesterol.

Just checked there is sound maybe you need to turn the volume up.

Oh I see lol the actually sound of the cashier and the customer oh...

edit on 20-11-2013 by ldyserenity because: add

edit on 20-11-2013 by ldyserenity because: to add

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zillah

Oh stop, You can always mix those bites up with Styrofoam packing peanuts for filler. They are not so bad if you dip them in the sauce that McDonalds pretends is ketchup, BBQ or Ranch......

Although I am the first to say that McDonalds is for high school kids NOT for making a living wage when you are to stupid (sociologically disadvantaged) to earn more money.

I think I have more respect for a crack dealer than an adult trying to make a full time living at McDonalds. Although I know many people will complain there are no other options, there are.....

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Using McDonald's logic, if you broke your food into pieces and gradually ate less and less of the pieces, you could eventually ween yourself off food altogether! I guess it could be worse, they haven't stooped to telling their employees to eat the packaging yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join