It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does Going to Hell Look Like?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

You worship the bible. If Jesus were to return and it wasn't exactly as the bible says, you will probably say he's demonically possessed just like the pharisees did back then .

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

That's totally false. Stop trying to peddle it. We tried to kill him once isn't that enough?

Its true. You just cant admit it to yourself because then you will look a fool on earth.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Addressed to Revelation Generation by NewAgeMan aka Bob (my real name, Robert).

I know that God is about love, and I love you guys and don't want to see anyone of you, RevGen included, go to hell, or in hell (which would mean I was in there with you) ever.

I would take the hit myself on everyone's behalf if needed, but I don't have what it takes to pay the price and we'd all be screwed.

So it makes me think however, of Jesus' love and what he did, which makes me realize that RevGen cannot claim a monopoly on it while extending it very conditionally to everyone even me included (the irony!) like the tip of a sword to the neck of others under threat of hell.

How would he know if I've repented anyway, which I have and still do because isn't repenting as a change of mind and heart not an ongoing process in our journey towards God?

The breadth and depth of the love and power of the cross of Jesus Christ is immense.

As C.S. Lewis has pointed out everyone will have every opportunity to come clean and learn about love, and some, maybe even many might bawk at it, and reject the love of God in favor of some insanity or another, so there's no avoiding the implications of heaven and hell, but hell is a hell of one's own making, and it's locked from the inside, so it's the close-hearted and the close-minded who probably have the most to be concerned about, and they're just the one's who would never see it, never be willing to submit and subject themselves to THE truth including as much of God, and His love, as the truth about themselves and their deepest motivations and drivers..

God knows our innermost heart of hearts through and through however, so there's no running away, unless there's nothing else that can be done, and then God will let people run away if they must, but the power of forgiveness is great, very great, and God's love goes far, very far.

Jesus took the hit, but if you aren't aware of that, or were raised atheist or something, then at some level it must still apply, where the love is extended and available, one way or another at the end of the day.

RevGen, I love God.

I love the Gospel, love Jesus and his character, teaching and action and I think I might understand a little more about it even that you do.

I understand how it renders our ignorance and pride and vanity as absurd and ridiculous, I get it. I know how the weight of glory crushes the pride of man, and I've carried that weight to a degree and shed those tears, not just for me, but also for others who may be hurting and in need of a little love and recognition.

You, RevelationGeneration, I don't think however, are equipped to be sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ, until you learn how to love more, even as he does.

You think it's up to you, can't be me because I'm just some "newage" hippy universalist um antichrist, to save othes on behalf of Jesus Christ? Are you kidding?

Well you suck at it.

Jesus spoke of you and your type, very clearly and distinctly. And it's self evident, to everyone it would seem but you.

It's YOU, not the people you think you can save, and if that were the case what are you doing here, who ought to be afraid, of hell, and you would have been well served to read that little allegory by Lewis, it could have saved you and still might yet.

I am not condemning you and it's not for me to judge, but I know a person's heart, yes even reading between the lines. You don't love me at all, you're full of #.

How can you give from something that you do not have, yourself? Hypocrite! Until you learn to love, do not speak of the love of God in relative terms to hell, it's a disgrace and an outrage actually, and very very serious stuff that you're into with this hell business of yours.

It's not the Gospel of Love, and by that I don't mean (if you would just read that story "The Great Divorce" you'd understand) that free will choices needn't be made or that the gift doesn't have a supreme value, or that some might reject the love of God and in so doing choose some sort of hell for themselves in spite of every effort to bring them around.

But for God's sake man don't, as the so-called representative, by using hell as a ah hem cough, tool of salvation, force people away from the love of God in Jesus Christ (which is free), by making a heartless, doctrinal, terrorist offer, it's sick, and very very sad, and it makes Jesus extremely unhappy.

And no, this isn't because I'm offended by the Gospel, but by your Biblioatry, and "dry" Christianity. I think you may be sick, I'm serious, sick and even rather dark or wicked and so you'd be best to just leave all this hell business quite enough alone, I'm serious, it's very dangerous what you are involving yourself in, for you, not anyone else, but you.

And by the time you confront it, I would like to be merrily skipping so far down the road that you'll never see me even if I make it to heaven, because to be honest, I don't think I'd want to have much to do with you.

I love the atheists and the sinner by far more than you. I would never want to reign with them in hell however, but rather serve in heaven, perhaps by helping people so that they never have to deal with hell at all, because I love people, it's who I really am, especially as a Christian.

It's a Gospel of love and freedom, including the freedom to freely love, without constraint. How dare you! And you call me evil and wicked..?!

Regards,

Bob

edit on 23-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

RevelationGeneration

I have news for you. We are not all God's children and not everyone will get to share His kingdom.

We were all born God's children and none among us were "demon seed".

God will share His kingdom with whoever he wishes because he alone knows the innermost heart of a person.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

It's a Gospel of love and freedom, including the freedom to freely love, without constraint. How dare you! And you call me evil and wicked..?!

That is your right to have your view that's why I don't want to argue with you.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

arpgme

You worship the bible. If Jesus were to return and it wasn't exactly as the bible says, you will probably say he's demonically possessed just like the pharisees did back then.

No I don't. Believing the Bible isn't worshiping it. You my friend need to repent of your rebellion and blasphemy against God and believe on Jesus Christ to be saved.
edit on 23-11-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

C.S lewis was an anglican orthodox christian and didn't believe what you try and say he did. He was not a universalist and didn't believe everyone would have a chance to go to heaven. If you ever met him you would be accusing him of Biblioatry, and "dry" Christianity like you do to me.

You say you love God and love the Gospel, if that was the case why do you reject His word?

I defend the Bible from newage hippy universalist nonsense, which is mostly what you try to teach here.

I don't believe you really understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ at all. If you did you wouldn't be trying to add your own beliefs to the bible. You are not a Christian as you don't believe the scriptures or the very things Jesus taught (like Hell). You deny is bodily ressurection and claim He is returning as a spirit creature. You are going to be very surprised when you find out Jesus isn't the hippy you think He is. And just to let you know you won't be convincing God of anything like you claimed in your previous post...

I am still waiting for you to answer this question: Did Christ take up the same body in which he died at the resurrection? (Yes/no)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Problem is, you don't seem to understand the Bible nor Jesus nor God.

Your relationship with all of the above seems to be twisted and imaginary as you probably listen and take to heart what your old Preacher says who again, knows nothing about what the Bible conveys in its entirety.

You can't seem to see the trees for the forest. I feel sorry for you. You are so judgmental and believe your belief is the only one that is worth keeping or "saving". Everyone else needs to repent and is going to hell.... but... oh... not you! You are above us all. That kind of attitude does not reflect the personality of Jesus per the Bible. Not in the least.

Reincarnation/Resurrection.
Adam/Jesus
First Man (Adam/Atom) Split/Big Bang-- As Above so Below

Above are just a few things you have twisted and will continue to do so as long as you think with your preachers thoughts and not your own.

The Creator made all things for you and for your understanding--knowledge.

Nature shows death and rebirth and each season crops are renewed. When a person loves God and all his creations he finds the beauty within it and within himself. Love is key to understanding all that surrounds us is no doubt life evolving and transforming.

Hell is simply a state of mind, as is Heaven. Where we find ourselves in spirit is where we have always been. Your spirit vs a loving -- non judgmental spirit would forgive you and not sentence anyone much less you to hell. My God's spirit is the one vs. you in the above sentence. Belief is everything so be careful what you believe.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I thought Jesus made numerous references to hell, where there would be crying and pulling of hair and gnashing teeth.
edit on 23-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You are a false teacher MamaJ, they are lies which are so far from the truth you could take what you say and start your own religion (oh wait that's already been done, nothing new under the sun). You don't know Jesus neither are you able to understand God's word as they are spiritually discerned.

Not once have I made the claim that I am above anyone. Hell is real and the Big Bang and reincarnation are both false.

You have created a God in your mind that isn't real because you suppress the truth and love your sin.

Psalm 16:4 - The sorrows of those who run after another god shall multiply

Repent and believe and you will be saved.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
I thought Jesus made numerous references to hell, where there would be crying and pulling of hair and gnashing teeth.
edit on 23-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Absolutely correct. All these false teachers don't even know the bible properly. Or they do and choose to cherry pick which part of the Bible they like and discard the rest.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Jesus gave numerous parables with similar endings.
They have a superficial appearance of a Hell type scenario as an individual's hypothetical judgment.
I think that closer examination shows that they were really meant as warnings to the Jews, specifically the leaders of the temple, about the result of their rejecting him as their messiah.
It was the temple religion that was going to be "cast out".
This proper (in my opinion) interpretation is obscured by the promoters of a future "second coming" who try to push all the fulfillments of Jesus' predictions away from the historical events surrounding the destruction of the Jerusalem temple, thus making the significance of it of no account in the hearer's minds, while being distracted by looking towards a hypothetical future event.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

But he still said it. Still referred to a burning hell where there would be weeping and pulling of hair and gnashing teeth.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'd imagine it looks similar to the scene from the film Event Horizon. Literally the worst thing ever.
Cheers.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The message of the Good News of Salvation was taken to the Gentiles. This was by the instructions of the resurrected Lord.

"But the Lord said unto him (Paul), Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:" Acts 9:15

If salvation is for the Jews AND gentiles then Hell can't be a place just for the Jews!

Jesus did speak in parables alot but this in no way means Hell is not a real place, it was so lay people could understand. Jesus spoke more of hell than heaven and spent so much time warning people not to go there.

Jesus himself promised a future "second coming". So how on earth can you say people have made that up?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

NewAgeMan

RevelationGeneration

I have news for you. We are not all God's children and not everyone will get to share His kingdom.

We were all born God's children and none among us were "demon seed".

God will share His kingdom with whoever he wishes because he alone knows the innermost heart of a person.

This is what happens when you don't know the Bible and then try to teach it.

In Scripture, the lost are never referred to as children of God.

Ephesians 2:3 - Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

We become children of God when we are saved because we are adopted into God’s family through our relationship with Jesus Christ.

Only those who are born again are children of God (John 1:12; 11:52; Romans 8:16; 1 John 3:1-10).

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
An eternity stuck with Revgen, that would be Hell.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

RevelationGeneration
Repent and believe and you will be saved.

I'm pretty sure that it's against the rules to continually proselytize on ATS.
I wish ATS would enforce that rule.
There are a few people here who continually push this kind of stuff.
"god wants you to be Catholic'. 'repent and be saved'. 'Allah wants everyone Muslim'.
Whatever .... It's irksome. I just wish it would go away.

And as far as 'what does hell look like' ... I'm sure that many of these supposedly religious
people will be in for a surprise as to where they end up in the afterlife .. and they'll be
surprised at who gets into heaven and who gets stuck in hell. They may just find out
first hand what hell looks like.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well this is the Religion, Faith, And Theology forum after all and you don't have to visit these forums if you don't want to. I have been trolled and antagonized by members boymonkey74 and akragon countless times but have not complained.

Just to be clear though I am not a Catholic, Roman Catholicism is a false religion.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Good evening everyone,

I have been fortunate/unfortunate, depending on the situation to see spirits and talk with them all my life. And I have taken away snippets, and pieces of what I have understood, although these spirits were mostly earth bound, and knew little about heaven. I have also had conversations with my late grandfather in my dreams since he passed away, and he has always answered all my questions about heaven. I somehow never thought to ask him about hell, I'm not too worried about that.

I have questions, and was wondering whether you think this could be possible.

Could it be possible that there is no 'hell' as we see it shown in art, and movies, or described in various books?
Could it be that we humans misunderstood something/ something got lost in translation so to speak?

What if there existed an underworld, for all the angels that have fallen, but us humans had a different path to follow?
What if those people who have sinned, don't go to a hell, but go to a sort of 'rehab' where they learn about what they have done wrong, and have to see all the wrongs they have done, and where their soul gets cleansed and given a lecture, and then sent back to try and make it better next time?

I know this is kind of out there, but I have been thinking about this for a long time, and wondered if others have thought of this too.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join