It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does Going to Hell Look Like?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

RevelationGeneration

TKDRL
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Wow, I hate to see how you "love" your children, if you accept that is how god loves us. Do you throw them in the oven if they disobey you?

That's a false analogy aka a fallacy. Hell is the final abode for people who have rejected God and died in their sins, an eternal prison of torment. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. You have created a false God in your mind because you love your sin.

A loving parent will discipline his children when they are out of line just as our Heavenly Father does.

...and how low would you go?

Å99

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You should fear Hell. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

NDE's are interesting but I do not need them to validate my faith.

You have created a God in your mind which is idolatry. God is loving but He is also Just and must punish sin.

You do not have the ability to cast your childrens soul to Hell but God does. I would urge you to repent, God will also hold you to account for what you teach your children.

Jesus is the only way to heaven and there are only 2 eternal destinations for people when they die.

Some of us will end up Holy and some of us will end up Burning. Think about when you burn your finger on the stove and imagine that all over your body 10 times worse continuously.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Well, I am glad you know ALL the answers and KNOW what everyone should do and believe in and where we are ALL going when we leave our physical bodies. What's it like to be all knowing?

Have you not ever wondered if you have it ALL WRONG? I think you do and I bet I am not the only one. lol

People that believe as you is the main reason I cannot align myself with a cult like Christianity. Your beliefs give them a bad name and character.

I forgive you though and hopefully God does too. I can't speak for him... Im not worthy like you.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Bull#. A loving parent will help correct ill behavior.

The god of the bible is a dick anyways. All powerful creator, could just poof evil away. But no, he likes to see us suffer at the hands of pyschopaths with power it seems. Oh, but it's OK to suffer hell on earth at the hands of evil scum, if you are one of the lucky chosen few, you will party it up after. If not, more hell for you. What a joke.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

It's morally sound because the Bible says that every person has failed to live up to God's moral law and so finds himself guilty before God.

If the Bible was true, meaning truly the word of an infinitely intelligent loving being, then I would submit that it has moral authority.

However! This is all I got from that:

It's morally sound because the Bible says it's morally sound. Circular reasoning.

Without proof the Bible is actually the 'word of god', I will continue to look at it objectively.

The idea we are all sinners. All basking in sin right front he start. All falling short. Always guilty. That doesn't resonate with my non-theistic experience growing up with my loving family. We are all pretty darn good people. None of us have even committed a single crime. We run a residential family care home for the medically fragile. We give and give. My greatest sin myself is screwing up my first relationship. Nothing to be stoned over. I feel like a lot of religious people, maybe just the born-agains, have done some terrible things in their life, turn to religion, and then project this idea everyone is terrible as well. Sorry. Just not true. There are great people in this world. Great people without religion.
edit on 21-11-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

RevelationGeneration

TKDRL

Wow, I hate to see how you "love" your children, if you accept that is how god loves us. Do you throw them in the oven if they disobey you?

That's a false analogy aka a fallacy. Hell is the final abode for people who have rejected God and died in their sins, an eternal prison of torment. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. You have created a false God in your mind because you love your sin.

A loving parent will discipline his children when they are out of line just as our Heavenly Father does.

A loving parent will discipline his children, but then he will rescind the punishment when they have learned the lesson. Do you imagine that our Heavenly Father does not do the same? You have equated the Lake of Fire with Hell in a previous post, but you do so against the witness of Scripture, which only calls it the Second Death. Death itself is later thrown into the LoF, and how can anyone be dead and in Hell after that? It is a question which Damnationists cannot answer. You have created a false God in your mind because you love the idea of your enemies (who Jesus said to love) being in Hell.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

RevelationGeneration

God is loving but He is also Just and must punish sin.

Dude, do you not realize that God's Justice was to send His Own Son to die for us?

Do you not realize that God's Mercy was to send His Own Son to die for us?

Do you not realize that God's Love was to send His Own Son to die for us?

Hell has no part in any of that. God's punishments are temporal and corrective.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Well said.
BTW don't mind revgen to much he didn't even know the commandments at one point on ATS

We all go back to the source when we die, good or bad.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by jjkenobi

For those of us who do believe if we are wrong then oh well, no harm done.

No harm done!!????

How about thousands of years of religious indoctrination fostering patriarchy, racism, homophobia, scientific oppression, wars, etc.

No sorry you don't get off scott-free just because 'oops I was wrong after all'.

yes, those were men... fallible men who perverted Christianity. You can thank the Roman Catholic Church for that. And it is what led to the Reformation -- (Martin Luther and William Tyndale)

your view is a narrow view of history... somehow some kind of seed was planet in your mind about it I believe.

PS; REX... great post
thanks...

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Well said.
BTW don't mind revgen to much he didn't even know the commandments at one point on ATS

We all go back to the source when we die, good or bad.

Yeah, in fact, I was raised in a Damnationist church myself. "Good or bad"? One very telling Scripture against the Hell doctrine are the instructions given to the servants at the wedding in the parable, when the invited guests declined to attend. The servants were told to go out and compel people to come into the wedding feast, the good and the bad. I don't think Damnationists can answer that, either.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

yes, those were men... fallible men who perverted Christianity.

Fallible men created it to begin with.

You can thank the Roman Catholic Church for that.

your view is a narrow view of history…

I have the narrow view of history?? Heh. You do realize it was the Roman Catholics that made the Bible that Christians read today right??… If you, and other modern day Christians, didn't subscribe to their book I might appreciate your input here more.

Regardless that doesn't negate the point. Did you follow what it was? That member said 'no harm no foul' for being wrong about his religious belief. If he's wrong he dies like the rest of us. But he paid no mind to the ramifications of that false belief (that being the case) on everyone alive that will continue to follow a false teaching. Continue to use it to justify all the horrible things I outlined in that post.

somehow some kind of seed was planet in your mind about it I believe.

Surely no seed was planted in yours right? Naturally, that could only be true for people that oppose your thoughts

edit on 22-11-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
I have the narrow view of history?? Heh. You do realize it was the Roman Catholics that made the Bible that Christians read today right??…

excuse me... the it's all from Greek texts.

when it was translated into Latin (a foreign language to you) it was perverted,

hence the reformation, and the first translation into the English language (which you understand and speak)

William Tyndale is nearly solely responsible for the translation of the Greek texts of the New Testament into the English language... the Roman Catholic Church burned him at the stake for it... And this happens to be "the Bible Christians read today" the King James Version or sourced from it.

I know your side of the story thru and thru... the naysayers repeat it word for word, it's their scripture afterall at the moment, its a very short story, there's not much to it and easily remembered.

One thing you do not seem to know though is my side of the story... I posted a video for you
it is unlike the little cartoon videos we're used to getting out of your sect, it's actually educational material.

maybe you do not have an hour to spare to be open minded? maybe you do not want your world to come crashing down once the truth is revealed to you?

who knows... but education is the key... never stop, never quit on anything.

"The Bible (from Koine Greek τὰ βιβλία, tà biblía, "the books")

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-11-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

exsqueeze me... the it's all Greek translations.

What? The Bible consists of Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek.

when it was translated into Latin (a foreign language to you) it was perverted,

I took Latin in college and study it now.

hence the reformation, and the first translation into the English language (which you understand and speak, and has been molded upon the bible)

Yeah. I don't think you understand history. Molded upon the bible? It's a historical fact the Christian Bible was a Roman Catholic invention. Have you not heard of the Council of Nicaea?

I know your side of the story thru and thru.. . the naysayers repeat it word for word

What's my story?

One thing you do not seem to know though is my side of the story

I love that you're so quick to determine you know my story but call foul on me knowing yours.

I posted a video for you it is unlike the little cartoon videos we're used to getting out of your sect, it's actually educational material.

Is arrogance hallmark to your religion? If it is, you're nailing it.

maybe you do not have an hour to spare to be open minded?

In my busy life I have many hours to spare. I choose them wisely. Do you think they should be spent on you?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

it doesn't change the fact that you are wrong.. you should have studied Universal History

the oldest surviving complete Christian Bibles are Greek manuscripts from the 4th century.

it's a good video, I promise...

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yours is a disgraceful interpretation of the scriptures and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

97.5%

I wonder what happens to the people in the top 2.5% who believe that everyone else, but themselves, are going to hell to fry...?

Where oh where is the love of God in the fear of hell?

Love, by it's very nature must be completely FREE, free to receive and free to freely give in kind. Hell preachers are killers of the true nature and message of the Gospel. In many ways they are not unlike Satanists, because separating people from the love of God according to a fear of hell is the devil's business.

May God have mercy on you for your idea about hell. I wouldn't want be in your shoes let me put it that way, and I am a lover of God in Jesus Christ.

NewAgeMan
The "problem" with hell is that from the right POV, love and freedom rule, so it's also the resolution to the problem, which is why, once you "grok" that you are free to laugh about it, if it were ever the least concern, and there's the joy that contains no fear and the heaven that holds no hell, right now in our present moment experience.

“No, there is no escape. There is no heaven with a little of hell in it - no place to retain this or that of the devil in our hearts or our pockets. Out Satan must go, every hair and feather.”

― George MacDonald

The Great Divorce - Free Download

edit on 22-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

My friend you have fallen for a new age, universalist, false gospel. You need to repent and put your trust in the real Jesus Christ of the Bible. I tell you this in love because I am concerned for your soul.
edit on 22-11-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

How have you not be banned yet... Somehow you get away with your attacks and insults and slip under the mods radar for years...

I don't get it

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

First off, you assume (about my monicur NAM). If you would take the time to read the story/allegory I offered, you would see that what I am suggesting is by no means a universal salvation for all because love and freedom rules.

Try this on for size and look at it from the other's POV.

"Hi there, I bring some really Good News, which, provided you accept it, will save you from eternal torment. God loves you. How you respond, now, will determine your fate, so you'd better be careful and very afraid."

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yeah I thought preaching was against T&C also threats....
I think revgen is a time traveler from 1880, I bet he thinks it is ok to kill unruly children also.
I hate it when people like him profess love but you can tell his message of love is actually hate and a warped sense of elitism.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

For once we are in agreement boymonkey74, can you imagine that?!

I fear for HIS soul, because of the nature of his "love" which isn't real love at all, just doctrine.

There are probably a lot of "Christians" in hell who were not able to grasp the love of God in Jesus, and who are down there "preaching" even now as we speak.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join