It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does Going to Hell Look Like?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Lazarus Short

There is no Hell to know anything about, except as a work of fiction/404.

On the other hand, Jesus had a lot to say: "The Kingdom of Heaven is like..."

Speaking of unsupported statements...

edit on 24-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Seriously?! That's the best you can do? Sad, I came here for an argument...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Thanks. Sounds rather scary and horrible. The "battlements atop the cliffs" is an interesting tid bit, as if guarded from an outside invasion.
To prevent an attempted escape, is what it seemed like to me at the time.

How did the experience end? Was it just like waking up from a bad dream? One minute you're there and the next, back in your body? Or was there some form of intervention which pulled you out of there as many NDE's report.
It would be the "intervention", with me saying, "God help me."
I didn't "wake up" but it was all of a sudden as if nothing had happened, as far as my surroundings go, where I was sitting there, and the clock was showing the exact same time as when the whole thing started.
At the time I felt like I had been gone (in hell) for three months.
What was different was the profound horror that I felt.
edit on 24-11-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Thanks.

You didn't answer my last question, though.

NewAgeMan

Um, jmdewey60, if I told you that i might be able to offer another, alternative explanation, something that you might not have considered before, as to why and how this experience took place, would you like to hear it?

Best Regards,

NAM aka Bob

If the answer is no, Ill totally respect that.

edit on 24-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I have to get it off my chest, so I'm going to share it anyway and you can take it or leave it.

I think that you, in particular, are a beloved child of God and that God was working a great work through you.

Hear me out.

You were already, in theory, justified by your profession of faith.

They had to wait until you were sufficiently weakened to make their move to try to steal you away in a demon theft and kidnapping.

You sought out God, as might be anticipated - but they were caught, red handed (or black clawed either way it makes no difference), under the observation of God, and, the entire, observing universe, including now us, who've seen your testimony.

In other words this is just the kind of thing that hell's minions would try (and get away with), born of a certain jealousy, to make their move when the opportunity was just right as you lay on your deathbed at the most weakened state, hanging by a thread - if God did not reign supreme in the universe and multiverse.

In other words that it wasn't all about you, or your sins, but all about God and the Great Work that he has and is continuing to work, through you, including the way you've responded as your righteousness increases unto the very stature of Christ himself, so it's still a work in progress even if you might have been motivated or driven at first, for the wrong reasons in asking the question - why me?

Through you, hell and the devil's minions were "narked out", caught, black clawed trying to steal away and kidnap, a beloved child of God when he's at his most weakened state.

Busted!

---

what do you think?

edit on 25-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

But you die at a crucifixion...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Some things can never die. Too good to die as in dead and gone.

Doesn't mean he didn't give everything and take the hit for us all, obedient to the will of God all the way down the line, our sins paid for by his blood, and his suffering and momentary separation, and who still lives on, even now, in heaven.

A physical, bodily resurrection, by an immaculate and miraculous healing, same body, legs intact, and now a body of light who intercedes for us, and a spirit to guide and comfort us, while we're still on the way and a white robe washed in his blood when we get there.

The real thing.

Not a mere doctrine. Not a pale imitation.

edit on 25-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

And I came here for a logical discussion. I guess no one is getting what they want.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

BlastedCaddy
You are already in hell. Don't worry about going there. Just focus on how to get out if it.

Very wise post.

100% agree.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

And I came here for a logical discussion. I guess no one is getting what they want.

Really? I have pulled off a logical demonstration of the non-existence of Hell (Hell is a 404) multiple times on ATS, but most don't seem to notice. No worries - you've got until infinity to learn the lesson.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Lazarus Short

AfterInfinity

Really? I have pulled off a logical demonstration of the non-existence of Hell (Hell is a 404) multiple times on ATS, but most don't seem to notice. No worries - you've got until infinity to learn the lesson.

I dont know about you, but when I look around the world, it seems pretty hellish to me.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You were already, in theory, justified by your profession of faith.
You are using the language of a salvation theory. In the actual Bible, justified means to be made right, as in a process towards righteousness.
Following the Law of Christ is the way to righteousness.
Theoreticians in salvation theology of the Reformationist variety use the word justification in a different way, to describe a hypothetical vicarious righteousness that comes from some sort of pronouncement.

They had to wait until you were sufficiently weakened to make their move to try to steal you away in a demon theft and kidnapping.
I don't know. The physical world event was that this machine that was keeping me alive malfunctioned and someone had to restart the thing. My doctors said that I should be dead and couldn't figure out why I wasn't.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I don't get it. You're a devout Christian but you don't believe in hell? How does that work? I'll go back and review your appraisal.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Either he died on the cross or not. Stop dodging the question.

If you believed in The Gospel you would have no problem answering that He did die then rose in 3 days and defeated death.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

I don't get it. You're a devout Christian but you don't believe in hell? How does that work? I'll go back and review your appraisal.

Because he doesn't believe the Bible or know the true Jesus Christ that's why.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
In the foyer of Hell there is an easel with a placard on it.

Welcome to Hell, KARAOKE at 7:00

Note: Not original. It's from a cartoon caption I read years ago.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

RevelationGeneration

AfterInfinity

Because he doesn't believe the Bible or know the true Jesus Christ that's why.

You write me off so easily, and on issues so vital! It is soooooo difficult to argue against ingrained doctrine, whether Biblical or not. In the case of Hell, the pagan origins should be fairly obvious to anyone who has done a bit of research. My own quest began about twenty years ago, when I saw in a magazine, a photo of the Buddhist version of Hell (pagan - ya!). I noticed that the biggest difference from the Christian Hell was artistic style. Thus, I began to wonder where our concepts of Hell came from. As for the Bible, in a properly translated version, such as a Young's Literal, Hell is just not there (404). A bit of time with a good concordance will inform anyone who wants to know, the real meanings of the Hebrew and Greek words mistranslated as "Hell." The Apostle Paul is silent on the subject of Hell, epistle after epistle. If Hell were real, he should have ranted about it like a first-century Mary Baxter. Jesus was often speaking about the Kingdom of Heaven, but what He supposedly said about Hell can be just-as-well interpreted from another viewpoint entirely.

You should see from the above that I believe the Bible - even Afterinfinity recognizes that I am a devout Christian. Sadly, Christians are of the habit of saying that that Christian over there is not a Christian because he/she believes something a bit different. As to Jesus, I know the true Jesus the Christ, the savior of all men, (only) especially those who believe. I Timothy 4:10. I have 77 more texts on my hard drive that I can post, which indicate that God saves ALL. Even in the Old Testament, YHVH (Jesus, actually, if you know how to understand the Name) says over and over to His disobedient people: Why should you die? Not why should you die and I have to cast you into Hell. It makes a difference. If Hell were real, the Bible would be very different.

The worst of it all is that Damnationists who subscribe to Hell theology elevate Satan in their minds to equality with God. How? Think it through - you've got Heaven ruled by God, and Hell ruled by Satan. Is that not equality? Is that not what Satan wants? Further, Hell theology makes God out to be, not a savior for most of humanity, but the worst kind of megalomaniac, psychopathic, cruel, despot ever. Hell theology insults God and drives multitudes away from His Love and Forgiveness.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Ancient Egypt

With the rise of the cult of Osiris during the Middle Kingdom the "democratization of religion" offered to even his humblest followers the prospect of eternal life, with moral fitness becoming the dominant factor in determining a person's suitability. At death a person faced judgment by a tribunal of forty-two divine judges. If they had led a life in conformance with the precepts of the Goddess Maat, who represented truth and right living, the person was welcomed into the Two Fields. If found guilty the person was thrown to a "devourer" and would be condemned to the lake of fire.[10] The person taken by the devourer is subject first to terrifying punishment and then annihilated. These depictions of punishment may have influenced medieval perceptions of the inferno in hell via early Christian and Coptic texts.[11] Purification for those considered justified appears in the descriptions of "Flame Island", where humans experience the triumph over evil and rebirth. For the damned complete destruction into a state of non-being awaits. but there is no suggestion of eternal torture; the weighing of the heart in Egyptian Mythology can lead to annihilation.[12][13] The Tale of Khaemwese describes the torment of a rich man, who lacked charity, when he dies and compares it to the blessed state of a poor man who has also died.[14] Divine pardon at judgement always remained a central concern for the Ancient Egyptians.[15]
Modern understanding of Egyptian notions of hell relies on six ancient texts:[16]
The Book of Two Ways (Book of the Ways of Rosetau)
The Book of Amduat (Book of the Hidden Room, Book of That Which Is in the Underworld)
The Book of Gates
The Book of the Dead (Book of Going Forth by Day)
The Book of the Earth
The Book of Caverns

Concepts of hell predate Christianity by many many years.
Hell - Wikipedia
edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmMon, 25 Nov 2013 17:02:50 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

You deny what Christ taught himself. That is enough for me.

IF you really believe then you are a heretic, as you deny central biblical doctrines.

It is soooooo difficult to argue against ingrained doctrine

And so it should be. We have doctrine for a reason, so damnable heresies don't enter the church.

Hell theology elevate Satan in their minds to equality with God.

Hell does not elevate satan in anyway. Hell is ruled by Jesus.

The Apostle Paul is silent on the subject of Hell, epistle after epistle.

Paul taught the concept of future wrath in Romans 1:18 Romans 2:4-5

Further, Hell theology makes God out to be, not a savior for most of humanity, but the worst kind of megalomaniac, psychopathic, cruel, despot ever. Hell theology insults God and drives multitudes away from His Love and Forgiveness.

That tells me you have created a false God to your liking in your mind which is idolatry. You deny Hell because you love your sin and don't want to repent from it.

The doctrine of wrath and judgment against sin actually magnifies the grace of God. After all there is no need for salvation unless there is a real danger.
edit on 25-11-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

RevelationGeneration

You deny what Christ taught himself. That is enough for me.

IF you really believe then you are a heretic, as you deny central biblical doctrines.

Hell theology elevate Satan in their minds to equality with God.

Hell does not elevate satan in anyway. Hell is ruled by Jesus.

Further, Hell theology makes God out to be, not a savior for most of humanity, but the worst kind of megalomaniac, psychopathic, cruel, despot ever. Hell theology insults God and drives multitudes away from His Love and Forgiveness.

That tells me you have created a false God to your liking in your mind which is idolatry. You deny Hell because you love your sin and don't want to repent from it.

Lol I thought the accusations of heresy died with the Spanish Inquisition.
Obviously not.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

RevelationGeneration

Hell is ruled by Jesus.

Well that's news to me. Got any scriptural support for that idea.

I know he has the keys and can access it and pull people out of hell, but I didn't know he rules or reigns over it. That's quite the paradox.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join