It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does Going to Hell Look Like?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
We all know about going to Heaven and how it is supposed to happen. Not many people talk about Hell, however. If you do believe in literal Hell, how does one know one is going to Hell after death? I am talking about the transition to Hell, from the moment of death to the beginning of the punishment.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FlowThruSpace

Well... probably if you are going to Hell you don't get sent back. Seems all the stories of people dying and being sent back were headed towards the pearly gates. Hell doesn't seem so forgiving.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Burning and more burning for the sinners, skin torn from bodies on the floor crisping up into crackling, more burning, screaming for anyone who has not accepted Jebus into their lives even If they have been a good person.
Oh and the sound apart from the screaming is Celine Dion.

Nah only messing Is doesn't look like anything because it doesn't exist.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

boymonkey74
Burning and more burning for the sinners, skin torn from bodies on the floor crisping up into crackling, more burning, screaming for anyone who has not accepted Jebus into their lives even If they have been a good person.

If that is your belief you better be 100% correct. 99.9% doesn't cut it. For those of us who do believe if we are wrong then oh well, no harm done.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I find my self surprised how often i come back round to things ive seen on south park.

In one episode there is a bunch of people waiting to get into hell and to get there they have to take a plane ride - but the twist on this is that the plane keeps getting delayed and has to wait on the runway, needless to say that near the end of the episode people are screaming out for they plane to take them to hell already!

I think it would be somthing like that. Just annoy you so much you end up begging to be taken to hell then of course when you get there and its much much worse than you could have possibly imagined - then you beg to be back bored to tears on the plane again!

Just horrible pain and boredom forever tormented, even when you dont think you are in hell, you are. Teased with freedom and deception to make you think theres hope then letting you sit for an age and smashing your hope into bits.

edit on 20-11-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

its an inescapable horror, its devoid of hope, its total distress alone, inescapable

it has nothing to do with physical torture its worse then that

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

ROFL!!! I saw the title... And I thought was...

You go to hell and you die~!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Knew an older man once who had led an evil/sinful life as an adult. He developed heart disease, and had several heart attacks and a couple of episodes where he had to be defibrillated. Whatever he saw during the time his heart wasn't beating scared him badly, and he wasn't one to scare easily. He was convinced he was going back there when he died.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

And you better be 100% correct that you picked the right club to belong to. (Follow MY club or you goto Hell)
Even If it does exist Iam a good person so I have no worries.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What I'm finding on the internet doesn't match the research exactly so no links but near death experiencer's speak of a void and deep emptiness. There was one woman in a study who died during childbirth and reported fear, confussion, and an endless darkness (could not escape it).

People who have had bad ones change afterwards in all of the studies I've looked at so transformative - must mean it is impacting them. Definitely fewer of those then the heaven ones in the literature so have to wonder why (don't report, truly less of them, etc).

I'm sure near death experiences happened before any biblical accounts recorded them - so likely true accounts of heaven and hell. All I know is it would stink to get to that point and not have a way to change things - makes me kinda wonder what those who had bad ones had in common (if anything).

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hell?
Going to hell is being trapped in a lift and a Status Quo song is stuck on repeat.
Or for our American cousins being trapped in an elevator and a Barry Manilow song stuck on repeat.
But in all seriousness, i would imagine that going to hell would just be total darkness.
A black vacuum in a void of despair. Terror, fear everywhere.
A numb blankness of dead dreams, nightmares alive.
A nothingness supreme.
Apparently going to Heaven is all sweetness and light so hell must be the opposite, yes? Maybe.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

FlowThruSpace
We all know about going to Heaven and how it is supposed to happen. Not many people talk about Hell, however. If you do believe in literal Hell, how does one know one is going to Hell after death? I am talking about the transition to Hell, from the moment of death to the beginning of the punishment.

You are already experiencing hell if you are having to worry about punishment after death. Worrying about whether you are doing it right or not is hell.
Only when one knows that it is all being done will heaven appear in the place that once was hell.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

FlowThruSpace

Hell looks like.......... NOTHING!!

Its a myth used as a means of conversion...

A fear tactic made to promote just that... Fear

But IF you want to know some details about what people believed in back in early times... look no further then the gnostics...

Christianity doesn't give many details about the myth... but the gnostics were terrified of Hell...

And heres why...

Are you afraid of Hell?

edit on 20-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Now the next time you say you don't understand why I believe ?
Just think about this.

edit on 20-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

One of the best comparisons are the two books by Mary K Baxter:

MARY BAXTER BOOKS:

A DIVINE REVELATION OF HELL:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380471069&sr=8-1&keywords=mary++Baxter

A DIVINE REVELATION OF HEAVEN:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380471069&sr=8-2&keywords=mary++Baxter

A DIVINE REVELATION OF ANGELS

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1380471069&sr=8-9&keywords=mary++Baxter

There's also a very sobering one by a youngish gal in South or Central America. Don't think of her name currently.

Some relate links:

Rawlings, Maurice — To Hell and Back, Dr. Maurice Rawlings explores our life after death (88 min).
www.spiritlessons.com...

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1332794249&sr=1-2

www.freerepublic.com...

Colton Burpo would not talk about his visit to hell.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

If that is your belief you better be 100% correct. 99.9% doesn't cut it. For those of us who do believe if we are wrong then oh well, no harm done.

That line of reasoning is actually called Pascal's Wager:

Pascal's Wager is an argument in apologetic philosophy which was devised by the seventeenth-century French philosopher, mathematician, and physicist Blaise Pascal (1623–1662). It posits that humans all bet with their lives either that God exists or does not exist. Given the possibility that God actually does exist and assuming the infinite gain or loss associated with belief in God or with unbelief, a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.).[1]

The wager

The philosophy uses the following logic (excerpts from Pensées, part III, §233):

"God is, or He is not"
A Game is being played... where heads or tails will turn up.
According to reason, you can defend neither of the propositions.
You must wager. (It's not optional.)
Let us weigh the gain and the loss in wagering that God is. Let us estimate these two chances. If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing.
Wager, then, without hesitation that He is. (...) There is here an infinity of an infinitely happy life to gain, a chance of gain against a finite number of chances of loss, and what you stake is finite. And so our proposition is of infinite force, when there is the finite to stake in a game where there are equal risks of gain and of loss, and the infinite to gain.

Basically, there is a 50/50 chance that God is real, or not real. Given the probability, it is better to "believe" and "be a good Christian" because logic dictates that the loss associated with being a non-believer is far greater than the loss of the believers.

This sort of rationalization also proves that Christianity uses fear to gain believers--and that, if the Christian God is real, and if hell exists and people go there for "non-belief" then it is also true that God is the worst of all tyrants throughout history.

Edit to Add:

I would also like to point out that, if the majority of people are browbeaten into believing in God or being Christian, don't you think that the all-knowing being would know that you only follow him to escape torture?

You only follow him to escape torture.

I mean, really think about that.

This is why I will never follow any religion. If such a being as that exists, it is our collective moral duty to rebel against it.
edit on 20-11-2013 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

boymonkey74

You know the most absurd part about all that? A soul doesn't have a body to feel pain, it doesn't have skin to be flayed off, doesn't have vocal chords to scream their non-existent throat raw, and no pain receptors to feel this eternal burning. Not to mention where does all the wood come from to create this eternal fire?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

You know the most absurd part about all that? A soul doesn't have a body to feel pain, it doesn't have skin to be flayed off, doesn't have vocal chords to scream their non-existent throat raw, and no pain receptors to feel this eternal burning. Not to mention where does all the wood come from to create this eternal fire?

I think this is the best logic.

A soul does not have the propensity to feel pain. Pain is inherent to the physical body.

To feel pain you need a central nervous system and a brain to inerpret data. Not to mention the physical external stimuli necessary to produce pain.

The entire concept of a soul feeling physical pain is complete bunk, and I think it stands as evidence that religions were manufactured to control people. Especially before the advancements in scientific knowledge.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
You are already in hell. Don't worry about going there. Just focus on how to get out if it.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I would also like to add that, the point of Christ's death was to act as the "ultimate sacrifice" to redeem humanity and forgive us of our sins.

This is why I don not think that, given that premise "belief" is necessary.

If Jesus paid the price, there is nothing more to be paid, so my belief or disbelief in God is irrelevant.

And because of that, if one human soul goes to hell after Christ's death, than he died in vain and his sacrifice meant nothing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join