It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS News: 61 Percent of Americans disapprove of Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

The faulty Affordable Care Act rollout hasn’t helped matters as only 31 percent of Americans now approve of Obamacare, indicating a drop of 12 points since last month. It’s the lowest number recorded by CBS News Polls for the favorability of the law. A staggering 61 percent disapprove of the law.

Source

To top it off, Obama's approval rating, again according to CBS News, is down to 37%. I think that this piece of legislation, which he put so much of his political capital into, is now his albatross. The question is, can any part of it be salvaged? Frankly, I don't see it going completely away, because as a wise man once said "Government programs are the closest thing to eternal life we'll find on this Earth."

Will the government, or maybe better said - what will the government try to do to distract us from this? War? Tax Rebate to pay for the increased costs? Cookies?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

BobM88

...what will the government try to do to distract us from this? War? Tax Rebate to pay for the increased costs? Cookies?

My guess is something violent, but you know, cookies would be nice for a change.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This should be alarming to Obama.

Only 7 percent of Americans believe the law is working well and should be kept in place while one in 10 Americans believe the health care exchange sign-ups have been going well. Conversely, CBS News Polls found that two-thirds don’t believe enrolling for Obamacare is going well.

Obama needs to wake up.
His reputation is in jeopardy

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I don't disapprove of a lot of his stuff. I am disappointed in how his plans are working out though. It is not all his fault, there should have been a better plan with healthcare made that all of congress could have counted on. The healthcare system in this country is broken, not the insurance industry.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

They made him quit smoking...How can he wake up. I bet they took away his coffee breaks too.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What reputation...you mean his reputation of lying to the public or his reputation for attacking his opposition with the IRS and other agencies. Name 1 thing he has done which was good for his reputation.

Eta: that just fell apart disregard all the edits im on my mobile.
edit on 20-11-2013 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

rickymouse

They made him quit smoking...How can he wake up. I bet they took away his coffee breaks too.

smoking what?

i would be surprised if that number doesn't go to 95% when everyone realizes the cost and the shoddy care it will entail.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

OceanSpray

rickymouse

smoking what?

i would be surprised if that number doesn't go to 95% when everyone realizes the cost and the shoddy care it will entail.

Would he admit to inhaling?

I think if it gets to the point that the employer mandate kicks in with no changes to its current form, all hell will break loose.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

His reputation is in jeopardy

What? Did he screw up and tell the truth recently?
I must have missed it.

That would definitely mess up his reputation.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

As more people get dumped from their existing health care insurance the party in power is going to find out that is going to be very hard to get off the wreck that the ACA will be creating within their voters pool.

Mid term elections will be the biggest eye opener for the president and his ACA, because by July of 2014 insurance premiums will be changing once again as the insurance companies will finish shedding their policies from pre Obamacare.

This will be make a lot of people very angry and angry voters are not a good thing for the party responsible of that anger.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Surely, as prior, it will be hyped up again with more propaganda lies. Odd even that CBS let the poll through without manipulation in the administrations favor. Wonder if the ex O-Care supporters will protest or share discontent on how they feel. If MSM can sway them as it has always done can it sway them away from their partisan box, where they can act against it despite their set leanings and favor of the POTUS.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Don't tell me , and the other 39 Percent are Already Dead ? .........

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The god-king Obama (like Xerxes) thinks himself infallible. He (Obama) wished it to be so, and thus it should have been. Obamacare for the masses, they will like it, and everything will go thusly.

I think we're all seeing the downside to his megalomania.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ah, geeze, now I want to watch 300!

Who is our Leonidas though? We're leaderless here....

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

This is just my opinion...but I think that they, CBS, (as well as most of the MSM), see the handwriting on the wall. To try to save any shred of respectability they're now forced to report what is just too big for them to ignore - as they have for several years now.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

BobM88
reply to post by beezzer

Ah, geeze, now I want to watch 300!

Who is our Leonidas though? We're leaderless here....

64,000 dollar question right there!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Yeah baby... We should be taking bets here on his lowest point. I say 28%. It is nice to see the rest of the US waking up. Us conspiracy site folks are always the first to know anything.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm starting to think that Obamacare is the left hand and this is the hand everyone is focused on. Meanwhile in the right hand is the economy and it is worse than "they" are leading on.

He, they, picked the wrong time to make job killing "improvements".

We need a strong economy to try failing heathcare economics.

What a complete screw up.

Ooops
edit on 20-11-2013 by liejunkie01 because: spelling/grammar

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

IMHO, his approval rating has been falsely held aloft by X amount of points for quite some time...my question now is, is it actually 37%, or is it lower still? Have they given up all protection, which I really have a hard time believing - even with their trying to save some shred of dignity now that bloom has finally gone from the rose?
edit on 20-11-2013 by BobM88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

That's possible too...I mentioned earlier that I wondered what they'd do for a distraction from this debacle. Your scenario is even more frightening. If this is the distraction, whatever we're being distracted from by the ACA rollout must be well and truly fugazi.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join