It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help identify this structure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm wondering if anyone out there had any info or ideas about what this installation is and why it needs a double security fence and what looks like 12 flood lights when it is on restricted access land anyway:

36.8982363959N, -116.048400376W

It is on Nevada Test site land South of Yucca dry lake.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The Nevada national security assembly site?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it probably has something to do with satellite calibration.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Its where they assembled bombs for testing. Now critically experiment facility

Its on Wikipedia. Hope that helps a little.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

GOOGLE EARTH - tells you its the DAF [ device assembly facility ] - does no one even attempt to find their own answers any more ?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

ignorant_ape

GOOGLE EARTH - tells you its the DAF [ device assembly facility ] - does no one even attempt to find their own answers any more ?

and where would anyone be able to find these answers?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

Yes, thanks to that I was able to find a better photo of it:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20-11-2013 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2013 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Yes, please elaborate. I'm not a Google earth wizard as you must be.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The DAF is where nuclear explosive devices are assembled for testing. This is where special nuclear material such as plutonium can be safely combined with high explosive components. Lawrence Livermore and Los Alamos national laboratories have jointly used and operated the facility since the 1980s but its mission has evolved since the beginning of the nuclear testing moratorium in 1992.

www.llnl.gov...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Ahh...awesome, thanks. This is the kind of info I was looking for.
I knew that the ATS community would be one of my best resources in finding answers.

The purpose of the facility explains the need for the double perimeter fencing and the flood lights.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The DAF is also a visual point of reference for the Janets, though they can't fly directly over it.

Double fencing often implies a kill zone. ;-) If you make it past the first fence, you will not make it past the second fence. Area II at Nellis has similar fencing, though there are supposedly no nunes there now.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

the answer - is rather predictably in my post - ie GOOGLE EARTH , I did mention it - put the co-ordinates in and hey presto - it flies to the location , have the " google earth community " layer enabled - and presto - 3 answers are given - double check the facts with external sources - and the answer took 5 seconds

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

ignorant_ape
reply to post by Biigs

the answer - is rather predictably in my post - ie GOOGLE EARTH , I did mention it - put the co-ordinates in and hey presto - it flies to the location , have the " google earth community " layer enabled - and presto - 3 answers are given - double check the facts with external sources - and the answer took 5 seconds

The Google Earth community is wrong as often as they are right. You can find nuclear tests way off the NTS. The GE community is a starting point, but you need to verify what they indicate by other means.

My other gripe is the Google Earth community gets censored. I have seen valid markers get removed. The one that comes to mind is the marker at the power line overlook.

The Google Earth community markers are so bad that most people create their own KMZ files so that correct data can be presented.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Exactly why I turned to the ATS community brain trust.

I guess some other members (present company excluded) don't see the value in them.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I don't plan on jumping that fence anytime soon anyway.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Sammamishman
reply to post by gariac

Exactly why I turned to the ATS community brain trust.

I guess some other members (present company excluded) don't see the value in them.

Look at the TTR "hard target" at 37°50'0.78"N 116°43'37.46"W . Would it kill Google Earth to set up a moderation scheme so a correct marker can be left there and the nonsense removed?

How about this above ground nuclear test: 37°47'52.15"N 115°55'43.68"W
Better yet, a nuke test right on route 95: 36°31'52.58"N 115°33'47.37"W
Heading to the front gate from Vegas? Be sure to see this nuke site on your right: 36°59'54.26"N 114°59'38.95"W

Here is the power line overlook, which used to be in the Google Community:
37°27'32.36"N 115°25'25.29"W

FosterVS has a KMZ of NTS points, but it doesn't seem to be indexed by google.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

gariac
FosterVS has a KMZ of NTS points, but it doesn't seem to be indexed by google.

Here's the link:
www.topsecretbases.com...

Right click on it, and select "Save target as..."
Save it as nts.kmz, NOT nts.zip

And if you want know what caused all those lovely craters in the NTS, here's a KMZ file of the nuke tests. Tells you name, date and yield:
www.topsecretbases.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

You can turn on the Google Earth earthquake database and see many coincide with the nuclear tests.

I noticed this crater lacks an associated test: 37°10'16.84"N 116° 2'15.74"W
But more interesting, looking at the NTS border, one of those landfills between Groom Lake and the NTS actually straddles the border. That means in theory there is an EIS (Environmental Impact Statement) for it. 37°12'4.10"N 115°55'41.69"W
Of course the EIS for the AOF (new Yucca Lake airstrip) was made public after they built it.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the awesome info. Now I just need to get down there to do a little exploring/history searching with my son.

top topics

join