It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Courts Quietly Confirm MMR Vaccine Causes Autism

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by angryhulk

AGREED

my eldest now 12 and twins of 10 had the MMR vaccine and they are alright

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
i dont know any children or persons for that matter who have ever had measles, mumps, or rubella.

i however can count of 4 autistic children that i know.

the parents all blame the vaccines.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

We've all heard the rumours... well in the past few months courts from several different countries have confirmed it... it is a fact that vaccines can cause horrible debilitating effects

Law courts are no more qualified to determine medical facts than biologists are qualified to determine contract law.

In fact... In the past thirty years ( according to this article) Children and the parents of have been awarded millions of dollars in damages from lawsuits because these vaccines have caused so much harm... up to and including brain damage... :O

No, people have been cashing in big time by hiring lawyers who can portray them as victims. If you think Big Pharma is corrupt, just wait until you look into the legal profession.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

LadyLurker
i dont know any children or persons for that matter who have ever had measles, mumps, or rubella.

That's probably because they've been vaccinated or have been protected from the diseases by those who have.

LadyLurkeri however can count of 4 autistic children that i know.

the parents all blame the vaccines.

Some people have to blame something and vaccines are an easy target.
The wrong target but an easy one.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

anything that adequately fits your own set criteria for "research", just so happens to require substantial amounts of the very substance that drives the entire industry.

money.

its the same fallacy in every one of these debates. you will only accept data presented by those you deem "reliable". those sources are *usually* the same vested interests in question.

round and round we go. but the variable is always the $ame...

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

That's probably because they've been vaccinated or have been protected from the diseases by those who have.

victim of your own statements.

the irony.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Pardon?
However I would say that in the vast majority of cases of autism etc there isn't one specific cause or even trigger, certainly not an external cause anyway.
There's a recent study showing that autism presents itself well before the MMR is given.
www.autismspeaks.org...
The amount of children who have events which are considered severe after the MMR are very few indeed and the majority of those severe events are essentially allergic reactions to one of the ingredients.
However even these events are transient and the child will recover (given that they receive the proper medical care in time) so to suggest that there are permanent disabilities caused by MMR specifically has no basis in fact at all.

New Study: Hepatitis B Vaccine Triples the Risk of Autism in Infant Boys

www.huffingtonpost.com...

They've already had a Hep B vaccine at birth which, so those who were going to go Autistic after MMR will likely have also been damaged by Hep B (this is showing in their lack of eye contact), especially if their mother took lots of Tylenol / Paracetamol during pregnancy, weakening the unborns liver.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Rubinstein

Pardon?
However I would say that in the vast majority of cases of autism etc there isn't one specific cause or even trigger, certainly not an external cause anyway.
There's a recent study showing that autism presents itself well before the MMR is given.
www.autismspeaks.org...
The amount of children who have events which are considered severe after the MMR are very few indeed and the majority of those severe events are essentially allergic reactions to one of the ingredients.
However even these events are transient and the child will recover (given that they receive the proper medical care in time) so to suggest that there are permanent disabilities caused by MMR specifically has no basis in fact at all.

They've already had a Hep B vaccine at birth which, so those who were going to go Autistic after MMR will likely have also been damaged by Hep B (this is showing in their lack of eye contact), especially if their mother took lots of Tylenol / Paracetamol during pregnancy, weakening the unborns liver.

Firstly, that article's 4 years old so it's not exact;y a "new" study.
Secondly, the study was only on boys. I believe there are girls with autism.
Thirdly, not every baby gets the Hep B vaccine.
Fourthly, the study's not that good. leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

LadyLurker

victim of your own statements.

the irony.

Ah but the protection will only last whilst there's a certain percentage of vaccinated kids.
If it falls below that percentage, you'll be a victim of your own ignorance.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Rubinstein

Pardon?
www.autismspeaks.org...

What does that prove? I don't have the full text, just the abstract so I can't actually look at the data. I assume you can because you posted it:

Logistic regression was used to estimate the odds for autism diagnosis associated with neonatal hepatitis B vaccination among boys age 3-17 years, born before 1999, adjusted for race, maternal education, and two-parent household. Boys vaccinated as neonates had threefold greater odds for autism diagnosis compared to boys never vaccinated or vaccinated after the first month of life. Non-Hispanic white boys were 64% less likely to have autism diagnosis relative to nonwhite boys. Findings suggest that U.S. male neonates vaccinated with the hepatitis B vaccine prior to 1999 (from vaccination record) had a threefold higher risk for parental report of autism diagnosis compared to boys not vaccinated as neonates during that same time period. Nonwhite boys bore a greater risk.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

To break it down for you, if this study proves Hep B vaccines cause autism, it also proves GMO foods released around the same time cause autism. (Hey why not?)

What did they do? They looked at data from the National Health Interview Studies, and looked at autism and hepatitis B vaccination. They used surveys from 1997 to 2002, with children aged from 3 to 17.

Mr. Kirby was kind enough to post an image of the poster to the EOHarm group.

The autism group had 33 kids total. Of these, 9 of 31 (29%) were given the HepB vaccine. Compare this to 1,258 of 7,455 (17%) of the non-autism group who were given the HepB.

9 out of 31.

Are the red flags up yet? They should be.

Take for example kids aged 17 in the 1997 survey. When were they born? That’s right, 1980.

When was the Hepatitis B vaccine introduced? 1991. According to Mr. Kirby himself, the HepB vaccine didn’t get fully implemented until about 1996.

A lot of the kids were born before the “epidemic” of autism. No one disputes that the number of people identified with autism has gone up significantly in the last 30 years.

So, pretty much anything that changed in that time would “correlate” with autism.

This is how we get studies that “show” that Cable TV causes autism. And, now, the Hepatitis B vaccine causes autism.

leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk...
edit on 22-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by redhorse

Call me what you will brother... You wouldn't be the first

IF this article is a lie... it will be tossed in the hoax bin...

so no worries... Im just putting it out there...

take it as you will

So in this post he basically admits, ya my sources suck, and the stuff i cited probably isnt true, "call me what you will," and this BS is still up? This needs to be stuck in skunk works or Hoax bin.

I have a family member who has autism, and probably even have it to a mild degree myself. The vaccinations dont cause it. This has been shown time and time again.

The people who are trying to get vaccinations shut down are of the same ilk as the Silent Spring crowd. If it makes them feel good, who cares if millions die.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

jssaylor2007

Akragon

take it as you will

So in this post he basically admits, ya my sources suck, and the stuff i cited probably isnt true, "call me what you will," and this BS is still up? This needs to be stuck in skunk works or Hoax bin.

I have a family member who has autism, and probably even have it to a mild degree myself. The vaccinations dont cause it. This has been shown time and time again.

The people who are trying to get vaccinations shut down are of the same ilk as the Silent Spring crowd. If it makes them feel good, who cares if millions die.

Like i said before... Don't like it... Don't read it

This is an article i read... and i freely admit that i didn't research the details... but apparently others have...

IF you think its fake tell that to the numerous people in this thread who have had to deal with the causes of vaccines...

I wasn't expecting this kind of reaction to this topic... it was only posted out of concern, and my personal opinion that vaccines do cause harm to people was more then enough motivation to write the thread

How about you read the entire thread instead of attacking me... K?

IF there was no validity to the issue... the mods would have ditched it two days ago...

So GROW UP... im not perfect... FFS

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Thanks for injecting some sanity here...my mother was a polio survivor, and thanks to vaccines, polio is becoming very rare. Smallpox was almost extinguished until Oprah and her gang started on this irrational "all vaccines are bad" crusade that has resulted ion a resurgence of smallpox in Africa and elsewhere. My wife is an RN, aware of Oprah's arguments, and my kids have had their vaccines and are now healthy adults.

In communities where kids are not vaccinated, cases of whooping cough are far more prevalent--and whooping cough can kill youngsters.

I'm not saying that all these flu vaccinations are necessary, but to discard vaccinations that have saved thousands, maybe millions of lives is insanity.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have a 14 year old son with autism. I do not blame the vaccinations because his symptoms were noticeable before the MMR shot. After he was diagnosed, it was pretty easy to follow both lines of the family and find cases of possible asperger's and definite autistic traits. Son was the first in the family with full blown autism.

My nephew was born after my son's diagnosis. His parents had him vaccinated, but argued for an extended schedule so he wouldn't get multiple shots at one time - something I think is pretty smart. He was diagnosed with asperger's two years ago - but he functions much better than my son.

My big concern is the total vaccination load currently given to babies. It's not unusual to give a one year old four jabs in one appointment. And I have been unable to find ANY safety studies on the entire vaccine load. Yes, one shot may have a good safety study. What happens when you add in 3 other shots given at the same time?

But what really bothers me is the lack of concern regarding autism. The latest CDC figures put the autism rate at 1 in 88 children. 1 in 54 when you look at boys. So, something is taking out 1.85% of our male children - you would think that would be a national emergency.

CDC Autism Rates 2013

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Mountainmeg
I have a 14 year old son with autism. I do not blame the vaccinations because his symptoms were noticeable before the MMR shot. After he was diagnosed, it was pretty easy to follow both lines of the family and find cases of possible asperger's and definite autistic traits. Son was the first in the family with full blown autism.

My nephew was born after my son's diagnosis. His parents had him vaccinated, but argued for an extended schedule so he wouldn't get multiple shots at one time - something I think is pretty smart. He was diagnosed with asperger's two years ago - but he functions much better than my son.

My big concern is the total vaccination load currently given to babies. It's not unusual to give a one year old four jabs in one appointment. And I have been unable to find ANY safety studies on the entire vaccine load. Yes, one shot may have a good safety study. What happens when you add in 3 other shots given at the same time?

But what really bothers me is the lack of concern regarding autism. The latest CDC figures put the autism rate at 1 in 88 children. 1 in 54 when you look at boys. So, something is taking out 1.85% of our male children - you would think that would be a national emergency.

CDC Autism Rates 2013

The amount of antigens in the total vaccine load has actually decreased even though the current schedule has more vaccines than a couple of decades ago.
Even so, when you compare the total load to the amount of antigens they're exposed to on a daily basis from food and environmental factors it pails into insignificance.

Hopefully the link below will go a little way in allaying your fears.

newsatjama.jama.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

8675309jenny
It's amazing how much they push the damn vaccines at my local Walgreens. They have these signs plastered all over the outside and on every aisle. Then I go to grab a drink from the coolers and it says "GET YOUR FLU SHOT!" on every cooler window! So I go to pay the cashier and first thing she says "did you get your flu shot yet?"

Seriously? Like it's not obvious now how much money these people make from this crap?

It's about savings more than anything. It saves the economy money and the health system in the long run. Some diseases are laid out where they have a high worth of benefit to be developed, and vaccines which do not.

The list of them can be found here.

Cost Effectiveness = [Cd + Ci - Cc] / Q

Where Cd is the cost of vaccine development, Ci is the cost of immunization, Cc is the cost of medical care for the illness, and Q equals the annual health benefit.

One must remember that some diseases (especially life long viruses) cost people, markets and government a lot of money. How many hospital stays or doctors visits over a lifetime? How much drugs and natural health care products over a lifetime?

While everyone is complaining about how the drug companies are trying to make money off you, the cost of treating the diseases that are prevented with vaccines is usually higher:

We estimate that the United States invested approximately US dollars 35 billion (1955 net present value, discount rate of 3%) in polio vaccines between 1955 and 2005 and will invest approximately US dollars 1.4 billion (1955 net present value, or US dollars 6.3 billion in 2006 net present value) between 2006 and 2015 assuming a policy of continued use of inactivated poliovirus vaccine (IPV) for routine vaccination. The historical and future investments translate into over 1.7 billion vaccinations that prevent approximately 1.1 million cases of paralytic polio and over 160,000 deaths (1955 net present values of approximately 480,000 cases and 73,000 deaths). Due to treatment cost savings, the investment implies net benefits of approximately US dollars 180 billion (1955 net present value), even without incorporating the intangible costs of suffering and death and of averted fear. Retrospectively, the U.S. investment in polio vaccination represents a highly valuable, cost-saving public health program.

www.hhs.gov...

And for the added argument that vaccines are poison and there is no control or oversight you can also find evidence that oversight committees have taken vaccines off the market even with a small hint of causality.

The live attenuated rotavirus vaccine RotaShield (Wyeth-Ayerst) contained three rotavirus reassortants, with different genes encoding specific serotypes (VP4 or VP7) evoking virus-specific Ab, along with genes of Rhesus macaque-passaged rotavirus that attenuated virulence [19]. After approval, 76 cases of intussusception, in which one segment of the bowel enfolds within another segment, causing obstruction, were reported to the VAERS surveillance system. 70% of intussusception cases occurred after the first dose of vaccine. Due to this surveillance, the CDC recommended the suspension of the rotavirus vaccine until further studies could be performed. One study found one case in every 5000 to 9500 vaccinated infants, with the highest risk after the first dose. Due to the possible association with intussusception, Rotashield was withdrawn from the market in 1999.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

That's not to say the CDC, nor the FDA, nor the drug companies are without their caveats, nor would someone along the line if compromised by bribes or extortion or some other moral conflict not be willing to fudge numbers or worse. The point is, for every bit of evidence someone can provide that vaccines cause autism, there is equal evidence that they do not, or that the reasoning used for the proof can be contradicted simply by looking at studies and examples that don't support their position.

In other words, the proof offered is not proof at all.
edit on 22-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Pardon?

Firstly, that article's 4 years old so it's not exact;y a "new" study.
Secondly, the study was only on boys. I believe there are girls with autism.
Thirdly, not every baby gets the Hep B vaccine.

1. Logically speaking, why would an article being 4 years old make any difference? The Thalidomide studies are a lot older, does that make them wrong? Should pregnant women start taking Thalidomide again?

2. If the study only shows the vaccine is causing Autism in boys, boys still make up 50% of the population

3. Yes, not every baby gets the Hep B vaccine, that's how we know that the ones who don't are less likely to go Autistic.

If you haven't got any good points to raise, why bother arguing at all? You feel compelled to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing, but you only make yourself look like a blind and brainwashed follower.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The problem is that the Pharmaceuticals want people they can put on lifetime drugs, that's how they make more money, so Autism suits them just fine; the more Autism the better!

Mountainmeg

CDC Autism Rates 2013

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Zoyd23,

Your post is inaccurate. Small Pox is eradicated. As for Polio it as renamed so as it doesn't show up in statistics, the Polio vaccine leaves thousands of children paralyzed every year.

You are worried about Whooping Cough yet the Whooping Cough vaccines can cause Crib Death.

Zoyd23
Thanks for injecting some sanity here...my mother was a polio survivor, and thanks to vaccines, polio is becoming very rare. Smallpox was almost extinguished until Oprah and her gang started on this irrational "all vaccines are bad" crusade that has resulted ion a resurgence of smallpox in Africa and elsewhere. My wife is an RN, aware of Oprah's arguments, and my kids have had their vaccines and are now healthy adults.

In communities where kids are not vaccinated, cases of whooping cough are far more prevalent--and whooping cough can kill youngsters.

I'm not saying that all these flu vaccinations are necessary, but to discard vaccinations that have saved thousands, maybe millions of lives is insanity.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Good post and an excellent thread! People get emotional when they talk about vaccines, we need people to calm down and examine both sides of the story using logic. You are level-.ed and open-minded, whereas many don't like the idea of even questioning vaccines, vaccines are like a religion all based on belief. The pharmaceuticals don't even do real safety testing, they don't use real controls, they refuse to study unvaccinated people; the whole game is rigged from the start.

Akragon

jssaylor2007

Akragon

take it as you will

Like i said before... Don't like it... Don't read it

This is an article i read... and i freely admit that i didn't research the details... but apparently others have...

IF you think its fake tell that to the numerous people in this thread who have had to deal with the causes of vaccines...

I wasn't expecting this kind of reaction to this topic... it was only posted out of concern, and my personal opinion that vaccines do cause harm to people was more then enough motivation to write the thread

How about you read the entire thread instead of attacking me... K?

IF there was no validity to the issue... the mods would have ditched it two days ago...

So GROW UP... im not perfect... FFS

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join