It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Courts Quietly Confirm MMR Vaccine Causes Autism

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Pardon?

You asked for autism, you got autism.

No, what I asked for and have repeatedly asked for is studies relating to the disorders associated with vaccinations.
Not one specific disorder, but of all the disorders and also mortality rates.
Do I have to say...YET AGAIN?, I have not claimed a definitive link between autism and mmr.
I for one dont believe that just because MMR doesnt cause autism, that it doesnt cause anything else.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

LMAO...EXACTLY!!!!

They will never be able to link vaccines as a cause if they dont "investigate it".
I dont doubt many of the other causes, many things harm immunity, allowing dormant virus' to become active.
Like the herpes 1 virus for example "cold sores" appearing when exhausted and run down.
I know this all too well, I have a cold sore right now, and a mild cold.

They did investigate, in the eighties and nineties, and found no case fo vaccines as a cause of autism.

In the nineties and the new millenium it became increasingly obvious that genetics and prebirth environment had covered all the bases as to the cause of autism, and I've not seen any research investigating autism/vaccines in years (except that crappy one with the monkey brains by that woman with the autistic kid). Its a defunct line of enquiry, a dead end. You also don't grasp that autism isn't a single condition, is complex and many genetic and environmental causes have been disovered. Which is why vaccines are off the suspect list. They know who did it.

If you bothered to read the lung cancer data properly you'd have noticed that the female rate of cancer is expected to fall as their smoking habits match up to the male.

As to the increase in child cancers, a fair amount of the increase was due to more rigorous recording ( I read the article properly) You can account for some of the increase due to poor diet and obesity, exposure to petrochemical fumes and a bunch of other novel chemicals that we now are very slightly carcinogenic and implicated in child cancer clusters.

And yet you fixate completely on vaccines.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubinstein

You have missed the point that Regressive Autism is caused by vaccine-induced bowel disorder, as many studies have shown.

Please list them.

And yet good research shows regressive autism is related to abnormal brain growth detectable at six months.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

OneManArmy

Pardon?

No, what I asked for and have repeatedly asked for is studies relating to the disorders associated with vaccinations.
Do I have to say...YET AGAIN?, I have not claimed a definitive link between autism and mmr.
I for one dont believe that just because MMR doesnt cause autism, that it doesnt cause anything else.

Here we go again!!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Antigod
reply to post by OneManArmy

LMAO...EXACTLY!!!!

They will never be able to link vaccines as a cause if they dont "investigate it".
I dont doubt many of the other causes, many things harm immunity, allowing dormant virus' to become active.
Like the herpes 1 virus for example "cold sores" appearing when exhausted and run down.
I know this all too well, I have a cold sore right now, and a mild cold.

They did investigate, in the eighties and nineties, and found no case fo vaccines as a cause of autism.

Show me the studies then.
Aliens abducted me in the early eighties and programmed me to be an anti vaxxer, and anti government.
Just saying something dont make it true. Also for the umpteenth time, I dont say there is a definitive link between MMR and autism, but Im not taking about just autism.

In the nineties and the new millenium it became increasingly obvious that genetics and prebirth environment had covered all the bases as to the cause of autism, and I've not seen any research investigating autism/vaccines in years (except that crappy one with the monkey brains by that woman with the autistic kid). Its a defunct line of enquiry, a dead end. You also don't grasp that autism isn't a single condition, is complex and many genetic and environmental causes have been disovered. Which is why vaccines are off the suspect list. They know who did it.

Colonel Mustard in the study with the candlestick holder?

If you bothered to read the lung cancer data properly you'd have noticed that the female rate of cancer is expected to fall as their smoking habits match up to the male.

I expect to be paid more for the high quality of my work. Doesnt mean it will happen.

As to the increase in child cancers, a fair amount of the increase was due to more rigorous recording ( I read the article properly) You can account for some of the increase due to poor diet and obesity, exposure to petrochemical fumes and a bunch of other novel chemicals that we now are very slightly carcinogenic and implicated in child cancer clusters.

And yet you fixate completely on vaccines.

lol, if you "bothered to read" what I typed properly you would see that I dont.
But even if I did, this is a vaccine thread.
edit on 201312America/Chicago12pm12pmSat, 07 Dec 2013 17:50:05 -06001213 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

edit on 201312America/Chicago12pm12pmSat, 07 Dec 2013 17:54:11 -06001213 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

OneManArmy

Pardon?

Yes you did.
Read the thread, it's on the previous page to this, you were replying to a statement about autism.

Rubincode showed a Whale.to link listing alleged "disorders" from vaccines.
That's probably the list which would best fit your "beliefs".
I've been through the first however many of that list though and refuted the references they cited but I'm happy to look at any or all of them if you wish.

If you "believe" that MMR cause something then it is up to you to turn that belief into factual knowledge by way of evidential proof.
That's how science works.
If you are unable for any reason to do that then by default it stays in the realm of belief.

As for mortality rates, the adverse events incidence has been cited in this thread.
The fact there's very little or no data for mortality means that the actual mortality is obviously very little or none.
If you wish to add mortality from "disorders" not proven to be associated with vaccines then it is up to you to prove that association as it would be you making the claim as mentioned above.

Put your claims and alleged evidence on here and we can discuss them otherwise re-read the thread as it's pretty conclusive again any major (or even relatively minor) problem with vaccines.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Weren't you meant to post that under your Pardon nickname? Oops

Anyway, whichever nickname you were meant to use you are misinformed, the words of the former UK health chief will put this into perspective for you.

Dr Peter Fletcher has had access to documents which are not available to the public, he is a distinguished man with over 40 years experience, every parent should take his warnings on board.

Dr Peter Fletcher, former UK Chief Scientific Officer at the Department of Health said

"it is the steady accumulation of evidence, from a number of respected universities, teaching hospitals and laboratories around the world, that matters here. There's far too much to ignore. Yet government health authorities are, it seems, more than happy to do so."

"the refusal by governments to evaluate the risks properly will make this one of the greatest scandals in medical history"

"There are very powerful people in positions of great authority in Britain and elsewhere who have staked their reputations and careers on the safety of MMR and they are willing to do almost anything to protect themselves."

"Clinical and scientific data is steadily accumulating that the live measles virus in MMR can cause brain, gut and immune system damage in a subset of vulnerable children,"

Antigod

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Pardon?

OneManArmy

Pardon?

Yes you did.
Read the thread, it's on the previous page to this, you were replying to a statement about autism.

I've been through the first however many of that list though and refuted the references they cited but I'm happy to look at any or all of them if you wish.

If you "believe" that MMR cause something then it is up to you to turn that belief into factual knowledge by way of evidential proof.
If you are unable for any reason to do that then by default it stays in the realm of belief.

As for mortality rates, the adverse events incidence has been cited in this thread.
The fact there's very little or no data for mortality means that the actual mortality is obviously very little or none.
If you wish to add mortality from "disorders" not proven to be associated with vaccines then it is up to you to prove that association as it would be you making the claim as mentioned above.

Put your claims and alleged evidence on here and we can discuss them otherwise re-read the thread as it's pretty conclusive again any major (or even relatively minor) problem with vaccines.

No, Im not injecting children with live virus'. Its up to independent research(not the companies making the drugs) to prove that they are safe.
And they havent, because they havent even checked properly.
Saying there is insufficient evidence doesnt mean that they are safe, it means THERE IS INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE.

edit on 201312America/Chicago12pm12pmSat, 07 Dec 2013 17:58:10 -06001213 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Rubinstein
Weren't you meant to post that under your Pardon nickname? Oops

Anyway, whichever nickname you were meant to use you are misinformed, the words of the former UK health chief will put this into perspective for you.

Dr Peter Fletcher has had access to documents which are not available to the public, he is a distinguished man with over 40 years experience, every parent should take his warnings on board.

Dr Peter Fletcher, former UK Chief Scientific Officer at the Department of Health said

"it is the steady accumulation of evidence, from a number of respected universities, teaching hospitals and laboratories around the world, that matters here. There's far too much to ignore. Yet government health authorities are, it seems, more than happy to do so."

"the refusal by governments to evaluate the risks properly will make this one of the greatest scandals in medical history"

"There are very powerful people in positions of great authority in Britain and elsewhere who have staked their reputations and careers on the safety of MMR and they are willing to do almost anything to protect themselves."

"Clinical and scientific data is steadily accumulating that the live measles virus in MMR can cause brain, gut and immune system damage in a subset of vulnerable children,"

You're the one with the multiple users.

This is the third time you've repeated this even though it's been shown that Peter Fletcher is as crooked as Wakefield and had retired from his post prior to MMR being used in the UK so he would have only had access to the same information as everyone else.
Saying that, the £40,000 he was paid out of the legal aid fund may have persuaded him to "speak out".

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Antigod

A study on regressive autism.

Is there a 'regressive phenotype' of Autism Spectrum Disorder associated with the measles-mumps-rubella vaccine? A CPEA Study.
Richler J, Luyster R, Risi S, Hsu WL, Dawson G, Bernier R, Dunn M, Hepburn S, Hyman SL, McMahon WM, Goudie-Nice J, Minshew N, Rogers S, Sigman M, Spence MA, Goldberg WA, Tager-Flusberg H, Volkmar FR, Lord C.
Source
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109-2054, USA.
Abstract
A multi-site study of 351 children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and 31 typically developing children used caregiver interviews to describe the children's early acquisition and loss of social-communication milestones. For the majority of children with ASD who had experienced a regression, pre-loss development was clearly atypical. Children who had lost skills also showed slightly poorer outcomes in verbal IQ and social reciprocity, a later mean age of onset of autistic symptoms, and more gastrointestinal symptoms than children with ASD and no regression. There was no evidence that onset of autistic symptoms or of regression was related to measles-mumps-rubella vaccination. The implications of these findings for the existence of a 'regressive phenotype' of ASD are discussed

The most critical bit of this is where it comments on how the development of the kids was atypical before the regression most of them, and that there is no evidence that teh MMR had anything to do with it.

And...

A view to regressive autism through home movies. Is early development really normal?
Maestro S, Muratori F, Cesari A, Pecini C, Apicella F, Stern D.
Source
Department of Developmental Neurosciences, Scientific Institute Stella Maris, University of Pisa, Calambrone (Pisa), Italy.
Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
To describe early development of children with regressive autism.
METHOD:
Home movies from the first 18 months of life of three groups of children with early onset autism (EOA), regressive autism (RA) and typical development (TD) were rated through the Grid for Attention in Infants in three age ranges. Different ANOVA and post hoc-tests were conducted on frequencies of behaviours.
RESULTS:
Differently from TD, for both RA and EOA non-social attention is higher than social attention across ages. While EOA is characterized by an early deficit in social attention, in RA social attention increases until the first birthday when its decrease proceeds at the same rate as the increase of non-social attention.
CONCLUSION:
We hypothesize that the intense interest towards objects can be the first sign of an atypical development also in RA; this distinguishing feature lead us to believe that regression, based on the assumption of a previous normal development, is only apparent

This one also concludes the regressing children were less social and more object focused from the start.

And

Some Cases Of Autism May Be Traced To The Immune System Of Mothers During Pregnancy
Feb. 12, 2008 — New research from the UC Davis M.I.N.D. Institute and Center for Children's Environmental Health has found that antibodies in the blood of mothers of children with autism bind to fetal brain cells, potentially interrupting healthy brain development. The study authors also found that the reaction was most common in mothers of children with the regressive form of autism, which occurs when a period of typical development is followed by loss of social and/or language skills. The findings raise the possibility that the transfer of maternal antibodies during pregnancy is a risk factor for autism and, at some point, that a prenatal test and treatment could prevent the disorder for some children

An autoimmune problem with the mothers seems to be implicated in regrssive autism.

here is another that supports abnormal social behaviour from the start.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Just a quick reminder for all those who are still on the fence with this Vaccine/Autism debate, the former chief of the CDC admitted in a televised interview that vaccines can cause Autism. Just because now there's a PR campaign to completely cover the association up, doesn't mean that it wasn't admitted. They know, but they don't want you to know. The tentacles of the PR campaign even reaches ATS because of the sheer volume of money the pharmaceuticals have behind them, the more astute ATSers will have already spotted that.

Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media - Military's 'sock puppet' software creates fake online identities to spread pro-American propaganda

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 7-12-2013 by Rubinstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

And yet new work shows you can detect abnormal behaviour in babies that end uop autistic at two months of age.

The study followed two groups of infants, one at low and one at high risk for having autism spectrum disorders. High-risk infants had an older sibling already diagnosed with autism, increasing the infant's risk of also having the condition by 20 fold. In contrast, low-risk infants had no first, second, or third degree relatives with autism.

"By following these babies from birth, and intensively within the first six months, we were able to collect large amounts of data long before overt symptoms are typically seen," said Warren Jones, Ph.D., the lead author on the study. Teams of clinicians assessed the children longitudinally and confirmed their diagnostic outcomes at age 3. Then the researchers analyzed data from the infants' first months to identify what factors separated those who received an autism diagnosis from those who did not. What they found was surprising.

"We found a steady decline in attention to other people's eyes, from 2 until 24 months, in infants later diagnosed with autism," said co-investigator Ami Klin, Ph.D., director of Marcus Autism Center. Differences were apparent even within the first 6 months, which has profound implications. "First, these results reveal that there are measurable and identifiable differences present already before 6 months. And second, we observed declining eye fixation over time, rather than an outright absence. Both these factors have the potential to dramatically shift the possibilities for future strategies of early intervention

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Rubinstein

Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media - Military's 'sock puppet' software creates fake online identities to spread pro-American propaganda

www.theguardian.com...

And people wonder why I get "paranoid".

SMH.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

OneManArmy

Pardon?

OneManArmy

Pardon?

Yes you did.

No, Im not injecting children with live virus'. Its up to independent research(not the companies making the drugs) to prove that they are safe.
Saying there is insufficient evidence doesnt mean that they are safe, it means THERE IS INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE.

edit on 201312America/Chicago12pm12pmSat, 07 Dec 2013 17:58:10 -06001213 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

Not all vaccines have live viruses in them (and please note, viruSES is the plural of virus, at a push you could possibly use virii but definitely not virus').

How do you believe they haven't checked or don't check for safety?
Can you prove they haven't or don't check for safety?
Do you have a specific safety rate in mind?
Have you any clue about how a vaccine gets to market?
Do you understand how a scientific study works?

And the $64,000 question.....
What exactly do you wish to know that will cause you to believe that vaccines are safe?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Rubinstein
Just a quick reminder for all those who are still on the fence with this Vaccine/Autism debate, the former chief of the CDC admitted in a televised interview that vaccines can cause Autism. Just because now there's a PR campaign to completely cover the association up, doesn't mean that it wasn't admitted. They know, but they don't want you to know. The tentacles of the PR campaign even reaches ATS because of the sheer volume of money the pharmaceuticals have behind them, the more astute ATSers will have already spotted that.

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 7-12-2013 by Rubinstein because: (no reason given)

Keep on thread mrs paranoia.
And I've shown you an hypothesis that big pharma are actually paying people like you to fuel their agenda.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

Is this a confession that you and your sock puppets are shills for Big Pharma? There's money in life threatening illnesses that vaccines can prevent, right?
edit on 7-12-2013 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Pardon?

OneManArmy

Pardon?

OneManArmy

Pardon?

Yes you did.

Not all vaccines have live viruses in them (and please note, viruSES is the plural of virus, at a push you could possibly use virii but definitely not virus').

How do you believe they haven't checked or don't check for safety?
Can you prove they haven't or don't check for safety?
Do you have a specific safety rate in mind?
Have you any clue about how a vaccine gets to market?
Do you understand how a scientific study works?

And the $64,000 question.....
What exactly do you wish to know that will cause you to believe that vaccines are safe?

MMR contains 3 live "viruses"(Sorry didnt realise you were a spelling nazi as well as a pharma nazi)
How a vaccine gets to market...

Pharma creates vaccine,
Pharma creates its own "scientific" data saying its safe,
Pharma pays politicians lots of money,
government creates a scare,
vaccine is released,
everyone is saved. HURRAH!!

Kids start getting ill, and unless they can definitively prove that the virus caused it they get nothing, but a lifetime of illness and sometimes death. And when up against the behemoth of pharma legal firms, thats very hard to do.

As for the $64,000 question...
Drumroll please....

"Where is the comprehensive independent safety study data that confirms that vaccination is safer than non vaccination. Both mortality and other side effects from long term studies."

edit on 201312America/Chicago12pm12pmSat, 07 Dec 2013 18:26:14 -06001213 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

edit on 201312America/Chicago12pm12pmSat, 07 Dec 2013 18:30:48 -06001213 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Rubinstein

I think you linked to the wrong video. The fuller video, linked at the end of this one, shows that the subject had a mitochondrial disorder. The CDC official claimed "anything" that causes stress could have triggered the autism spectrum symptoms. The official, who had not personally reviewed the case, hypothesized that the subject got a fever after the vaccine, and that aggravated the pre-existing condition. She did not say vaccines, specifically, cause autism -- she said any physical stress can cause autism-like symptoms in persons who have this pre-existing disorder. You may disagree with the CDC, but you shouldn't mischaracterize them.

Since all children will eventually come down with one illness or another, it was only a matter of time before this particular child suffered an aggravation of her pre-existing condition. Even if the vaccination was the specific factor behind this aggravation, it doesn't change the fact that it would have happened eventually. In the counterfactual, the child could have gotten a vaccine-preventable illness and suffered brain damage from that. (In that case, could we say a lack of vaccination causes autism?) This was not an excess case of autism.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This study is extremely poor, it's just a phone survey asking parents questions about their children from years ago. It wasn't a random study, they selected specific people to enter into the study. This is completely open for manipulation.

Another McStudy I'm afraid

Antigod
reply to post by Antigod

A study on regressive autism.

Is there a 'regressive phenotype' of Autism Spectrum Disorder associated with the measles-mumps-rubella vaccine? A CPEA Study.
Richler J, Luyster R, Risi S, Hsu WL, Dawson G, Bernier R, Dunn M, Hepburn S, Hyman SL, McMahon WM, Goudie-Nice J, Minshew N, Rogers S, Sigman M, Spence MA, Goldberg WA, Tager-Flusberg H, Volkmar FR, Lord C.
Source
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109-2054, USA.
Abstract
A multi-site study of 351 children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and 31 typically developing children used caregiver interviews to describe the children's early acquisition and loss of social-communication milestones. For the majority of children with ASD who had experienced a regression, pre-loss development was clearly atypical. Children who had lost skills also showed slightly poorer outcomes in verbal IQ and social reciprocity, a later mean age of onset of autistic symptoms, and more gastrointestinal symptoms than children with ASD and no regression. There was no evidence that onset of autistic symptoms or of regression was related to measles-mumps-rubella vaccination. The implications of these findings for the existence of a 'regressive phenotype' of ASD are discussed

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

FurvusRexCaeli

Rubinstein

I think you linked to the wrong video. The fuller video, linked at the end of this one, shows that the subject had a mitochondrial disorder. The CDC official claimed "anything" that causes stress could have triggered the autism spectrum symptoms. The official, who had not personally reviewed the case, hypothesized that the subject got a fever after the vaccine, and that aggravated the pre-existing condition. She did not say vaccines, specifically, cause autism -- she said any physical stress can cause autism-like symptoms in persons who have this pre-existing disorder. You may disagree with the CDC, but you shouldn't mischaracterize them.

Since all children will eventually come down with one illness or another, it was only a matter of time before this particular child suffered an aggravation of her pre-existing condition. Even if the vaccination was the specific factor behind this aggravation, it doesn't change the fact that it would have happened eventually. In the counterfactual, the child could have gotten a vaccine-preventable illness and suffered brain damage from that. (In that case, could we say a lack of vaccination causes autism?) This was not an excess case of autism.

Its interesting that you mention "underlying conditions" because it would seem that the evidence of the modern dangers of measles is down to "underlying conditions" exacerbated by the virus.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join