It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Courts Quietly Confirm MMR Vaccine Causes Autism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

redhorse

Akragon
reply to post by redhorse

Call me what you will brother... You wouldn't be the first

IF this article is a lie... it will be tossed in the hoax bin...

so no worries... Im just putting it out there...

take it as you will

Fair enough, but it would be "sister".

My apologies Sister... Im not trying to spread lies here...

Just looking out for the safety of my fellow man... As I've said... One case of brain damage or autism which is caused by a vaccine is ONE TOO many in my humble opinion

edit on 20-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Me and thousands others i know have had vaccine since birth. How come they are not Autistic?

Can this be a error caused by the thinking... "i did that today, then this happened, so that must be the cause of this"?

Vaccine was never proven to cause Autism. Way too many variables in a human life to just focus on one thing.

I say autism is caused when the baby is delivered by a female doctor instead of a male. < this is how it sounds to me.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by luciddream

I KNOW that IF one vaccine causes one case of Autism... that is ONE too many

Yet if they have saved millions from smallpox? Surely 1 death from smallpox is one to many?

Anyway you Anti Vaccine crowd lose me when using vaccine as a blanket statement!

There are many vaccines, even if MMR does cause Autism (and I need more evidence than some crazy woo woo doctor) it doesn’t mean polio or tetanus ect cause it.

The intelligence lacking on this debates is shocking.

link   

Akragon

What if one vaccine hypothetically caused one case of autism, but vaccination overall hypothetically saved millions of lives?

Also, I'm sick of hearing the lousy Autism $peaks rhetoric that demonizes those on the spectrum and paints autism as a fate worse than death, or at least comparable to a life-threatening disease like cancer. Look up "neurodiversity."

link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Thank you for the links. The devil is in the details, and I think most people will miss it because they are invested in this idea that the MMR causes autism. I know that everyone wants things to be simple, but it's not. In this case the OP is putting information out there attempting to link a rise in autism directly to the MMR vaccine, and that isn't what is going on here. These are isolated cases where there was encephalopathy (a known side affect of the MMR), which can cause autistic like symptoms. Autism is a spectrum disorder, and many circumstances of behavior can be, and are lumped in that category. However, trying to paint the MMR as an intrinsic factor in the general rise of autism is disingenuous, and dangerous. These are very specific (and rare) cases of a bad outcome with the MMR causing autistic like symptoms, it is in no way representative of an overall reaction or correlation of autism spectrum disorder to the vaccine.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by Akragon

Me and thousands others i know have had vaccine since birth. How come they are not Autistic?

Can this be a error caused by the thinking... "i did that today, then this happened, so that must be the cause of this"?

Vaccine was never proven to cause Autism. Way too many variables in a human life to just focus on one thing.

I say autism is caused when the baby is delivered by a female doctor instead of a male. < this is how it sounds to me.

Me and everyone I know in my generation didnt have the MMR vaccine, we contracted the diseases, often at "measles parties" intended to make us contract the disease to get it out the way early.
I dont know anyone who suffered brain damage or deafness as a result.
Does that actually mean anything?

And its funny that no one seems to talk about the link to Crohn's disease anymore.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by Akragon

People engage in this fallacious reasoning all the time, e.g. "I got a flu shot and the next day I started getting sick, therefore the flu shot gave me the flu." It's really frustrating. You're so right about there being far too many variables in a human life - that's why medicine is not a one-size-fits-all, cut-and-dry science as some believe or would like it to be. Like "cancer," "autism" is not a single, homogenous, universal syndrome with a single cause and a single cure.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Perhaps IF the vaccine saved more people then it hurt... it has its uses...

And they should do more research on the stuff they toss out into the public...

As far as I know its NOT the vaccine that is causing all the problems... Its the other things they put in it

then again, what do I know

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Akragon

Then we better ban paracetemols and dairy products as there are numerous (proposed) cases of autism surrounding those products. In fact you could probaby google 'autism and tangerines' and there will probably be a story about how a tangerine gave somebody autism.

At the end of the day nothing is 100% safe for 100% of the population and unfortunately the MMR vaccine has probably had an adverse effect on a number of children (as suggested above) but Dr. Wakefield and his theory has been debunked and you absolutely cannot link the MMR vaccine (directly) with autism. The theory does not hold any water.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Akragon

redhorse

Akragon
reply to post by redhorse

Call me what you will brother... You wouldn't be the first

IF this article is a lie... it will be tossed in the hoax bin...

so no worries... Im just putting it out there...

take it as you will

Fair enough, but it would be "sister".

My apologies Sister... Im not trying to spread lies here...

Just looking out for the safety of my fellow man... As I've said... One case of brain damage or autism which is caused by a vaccine is ONE TOO many in my humble opinion

You know what I get that. But I would like to make two points here...

The first being that the MMR does save more lives than it takes. This is the give or take on most modern medicine. I absolutely believe that even just one incident like this means that they must try to remedy that, but it is not always possible.

The second being that articles and social commentary like this add to a pervasive sense of stigma attached to autism; that there is something "wrong" with us and that we need to be cured. But for many of us, we are perfectly functional... Weird maybe, but functional, and certainly not suffering aside from the lack of social understanding that is partly fostered by these ideas fueled by junk science and misunderstanding that insists that we are flawed. In fact there is a great deal more evidence linking a genetic propensity for autistic spectrum disorder than a link to the MMR. In other words, many of us are coded for this into our very DNA. It is what we are, as we were intended to be, not a result of a vaccine related injury, or mishap in the womb, or bad neurochemistry.

So, however good your intentions for your fellow man may be, narratives like this are one more black ball in the social bucket for people like my daughter and myself. Just something to think about.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

angryhulk

Akragon

Then we better ban paracetemols and dairy products as there are numerous (proposed) cases of autism surrounding those products. In fact you could probaby google 'autism and tangerines' and there will probably be a story about how a tangerine gave somebody autism.

At the end of the day nothing is 100% safe for 100% of the population and unfortunately the MMR vaccine has probably had an adverse effect on a number of children (as suggested above) but Dr. Wakefield and his theory has been debunked and you absolutely cannot link the MMR vaccine (directly) with autism. The theory does not hold any water.

I did as you suggested and searched for a link between tangerines and autism, I found no links.

But I found this...
Vaccine Court Awards millions to 2 children

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Akragon
Perhaps IF the vaccine saved more people then it hurt... it has its uses...

And many have.

Tetnus
Smallpox
Polio
Yellowfever

O I give up you guys wont listen.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

crazyewok

Akragon

Yet if they have saved millions from smallpox? Surely 1 death from smallpox is one to many?

Anyway you Anti Vaccine crowd lose me when using vaccine as a blanket statement!

There are many vaccines, even if MMR does cause Autism (and I need more evidence than some crazy woo woo doctor) it doesn’t mean polio or tetanus ect cause it.

The intelligence lacking on this debates is shocking.

A 100% agree, everyone I know including me has had MMR jab and guess what no autism, just last year in the West Midlands (England) there was an outbreak of measles I remember it was more of a national thing but the mids got it bad... I believe that a few people died...so if you want to scare monger with utter rubbish as scientific proof then I do not see the point.

BBC MMR and autism

CDC

I bet it's terrible living with your paranoia OP

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Throwing my 2 cents in. I have 2 friends that both have an autistic child. One firmly believes a vaccine caused it, and the other one firmly believes it didn't have anything to do with it. I myself have 3 children who had the vaccine, and other than some hyperactivity, are fine. I am on the fence about this - both friends can cite studies and papers that support their side of the matter. Believe me, there are some heated moments between my two friends! Also, just fyi - both are VERY well educated, so that isn't a factor. This argument can go around and around.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Robertsy

this is really interesting article, have the antivaccine people read or heard of this this yet?? news.unchealthcare.org...

Topoisomerase inhibitors reduce the expression of long genes in neurons, including a remarkable number of genes implicated in Autism Spectrum Disorders - 200 kb is four times longer than the average gene. Concept: Mark Zylka. Illustration: Janet Iwasa.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
How Independent are the Vaccine defenders

Today's immunization schedule now calls for kids to get 55 doses of vaccines by age 6.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lolliek

The problem here is variable. And blaming things on one thing

First, It is not proven Vaccine causes autism, there is no direct application from vaccine to brain damage.

Secondly, what is the ratio of people get vaccine and develop autism compared to people who didn't develop one?

There is no credible study suggest that vaccine causes autism, because i could so a study saying breathing air causes autism and do not prove any results showing direct air to brain damage information.

Vaccine causes autism has the same evidence as breathing air causes autism.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

OneManArmy

angryhulk

Akragon

I did as you suggested and searched for a link between tangerines and autism, I found no links.

But I found this...

Ok, then we better discount the tens/hundreds of thousands of people it's potentially saved from illness. In fact we better ban surgery aswell, because as much as surgery can be good for you, it's responsible for cases of illness, suffering and even death!

Ban the MMR vaccine! Ban surgery! In fact go ahead and ban tangerines aswell! It's impossible to swallow a whole tangerine you'll die instantly! I'm away to make a sign and parade the streets.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by angryhulk

I'd support that...

I hate tangerines LOL

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

angryhulk

OneManArmy

angryhulk

Akragon

But I found this...

Ok, then we better discount the tens/hundreds of thousands of people it's potentially saved from illness. In fact we better ban surgery aswell, because as much as surgery can be good for you, it's responsible for cases of illness, suffering and even death!

Ban the MMR vaccine! Ban surgery! In fact go ahead and ban tangerines aswell! It's impossible to swallow a whole tangerine you'll die instantly! I'm away to make a sign and parade the streets.

No, lets keep the MMR vaccine but lets also give parents a CHOICE by offering the alternative single jabs.
So those parents that are happy to give an MMR do so, those with worries can give their children the alternative.
Its not such a crazy idea is it?

What are your thoughts on alcohol, and smoking and Monosodium Glutomate?
Are you in favour of high fructose corn syrup?
What about cellulose from trees being in our food?
edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmWed, 20 Nov 2013 13:43:38 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join