It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Boys Were Playing In Their House When They Made a TERRIFYING Discovery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This story was posted on ATS about a week or two ago... I'm sure others saw this.. I'll see if i can find it

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

This looks completely staged. Girl sees him and hides and within seconds he appears but doesn't see or hear him?

According to the fellow below, it is...

"I KNOW THIS GUY!!!!!!! this guy is a family friend of mine and he is now an actor for mainly commercials. He’s in a few Dick’s Sporting Goods commercials and a few other things. this is def. fake or else I would have known about it. heres his facebook fanpage..."

www.nakedapartments.com...

It's A Hoax...Another Viral Video Campaign. Look At The Beginning Of The Video, When He Sets it Up...Look At the Upper Right Corner Area, And You'll See Our "Intruder" Moving Around, Waiting For Her Cue.

Woman secretly living in NYC apartment captured on hidden camera

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Glinda
A couple points...

This family is the second owner, in the orginal owners filings (filing for building permits for start) the NAMES of both the architect, builder and realtor(s) involved would listed. Why no follow up with ANY of those parties (2000 isn't that long ago). If the "secret passage" was NOT on the blueprints, and a change made while the house was underconstruction, some or all of the workers would remember something about this oddity. If nothing else spiral stair cases are unique.

Another thing I can't understand is the "space" this stairwell accounts for. Today's architecture leaves little "negative" unused) space, so this addition just seems oddly intentional.

believe it or not there are people that can and do change their homes from the blue prints and are quite capable of hiding things without permits. some DYI types can and do, make changes that reveals work done by contractors.

and as far as negative space and the stair case, the opening that the book case sits looks to be about the size of a closest. some are bigger or smaller than others, i know you know that.

in my house there is a wall that has three closets in it. two are for bedrooms and one a lien closet.
it would not be hard to conceal a secret stairway to the basement into a secret room.

if you look at the spiral stairs, it only take half the length of the book case opening and is the same as width of the whole opening

here i drew a rough plan, for a idea.

as you see, the half of the book case swings to the right over the stair opening that goes down. if you look at the base of the case, there is a base board that is about 4 inches tall, that keeps the bottom shelf up above the floor level and the stair opening. and on the right side you see a finished wall. that is the othe side of the wall for the closet wall on the other side.

it's is not all that hard to build something like this, most people don't notice things like that from room to room.

now as far as all the other stuff, yea i think it's fake.
edit on 20-11-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
There is NOTHING terrifying about this story.
Now if they had found a dungeon then fair enough, but they didnt, they found a couple dolls and some blankets and some old sweet wrappers. Big deal.
The previous owner was no Ariel Castro.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Some food for thought, I've done a hella lot of home renovations, both old and new. You would be amazed as to what you find. Pending on how old and the different occupants that lived, many individuals are very "thrifty" with a hammer, specially the older gen. from my findings.

Secret rooms are not "uncommon" most new owners don't go looking, so it goes unnoticed for years if not more.

You can find the blueprints to the older houses in the staircase main spindle, as they are hollow inside, unless someone has already taken it out. (side note: it's not uncommon to find money in there either, true story)

Once you start remodling, finding "stuff" in the walls is more common than one would think.

On a lighter note, I don't know how true this story is, as I'm leaning towards "publicity" than reality, I wouldn't count it out thought =p

Ohhh, lastly~ The older homes, well they just don't build them like they used too, our granparents might have been drunks, swinging hammers but at least the houses were solid and "square", if you don't know what I mean, research the pythageram theorom on how to makes buildings, floors w/e square with whatever your doing.

Best regards and happy hunting!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by Telos

Not buying it. How could someone live in there and come and go without anyone ever noticing?

okay i can see where you would wonder how this could happen. But i just read the other day a story the other day from ... i can rememeber when it happened but it was either late 1800's or early 1900's of this happening. The story went the family thought the house was hunted, and long story short husband is killed in side home with doors locked, years pass cops see light in window go in an there is a guy living in the walls that had been living there since before the family moved in. I found story on listverse probably not more than a week ago

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thetimewasright

when people questioned the fresh banana, the family said they put the fresh banana there for scale reference...could be a lie...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

research100

when people questioned the fresh banana, the family said they put the fresh banana there for scale reference...could be a lie...

Good point... Also, it should be noted that all banana's are not created equally... (No pun inteded)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The strange case of the Denver Spiderman...

knowledgenuts.com...

Very creepy reading. Follow the other links on this page.
edit on 20-11-2013 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here's another one from Tokyo...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Homeless woman living in someone's cupboard.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by Telos

Not buying it. How could someone live in there and come and go without anyone ever noticing?

I've been drinking your milk for weeks.
edit on 20/11/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
About 15 years ago I was working for some building contractors building new home. I remember one where the new home owner had an accident putting a bed in the upstairs bed room. A hole about 6 inches across got punched though the sheet rock. Turns out there was a section of the upstairs that was sealed off the measured 10' x 12'. In fact the sealed off area was a bit bigger than the bedroom was. The home owner was pissed. When he complained about it they told him "You got the square footage you paid for". He took down the wall and doubled the size of the upstairs bedroom. Now that was the largest sealed off area I know about they did this kind of thing to and the only one I heard about anyone finding. But I seen those houses being build from the ground up and it was very common to just seal off areas. The houses were "packaged houses" You would have 10 houses built on the same basic floor plain but if some one wanted only 3 closets instead of 4 the 4th one would just get sealed off. Those houses had a lot of sealed off used and unknown space mostly on the second floor.I worked on the foundation and block work. I had nothing to do with how the inside was built.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

That must be one big ass house if you don't notice someone living in the walls of your house.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join