It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paging, Piers Morgan: Gun Violence Explodes In England

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

You guys crack me up.

Please elaborate - I really don't get what point you are trying to make especially regarding the thread topic and my posts.
Maybe I'm even more of a simpleton than I thought and I need it spelling out for me.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

If I have to go into the whole English/Irish history with you, well....simpleton, was that your choice of words?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Well as your post made no reference whatsoever to Ireland or gun control, which is the primary topic under discussion, I felt it prudent not to make any assumptions. Your post consisted of something about 'shared history' and problems that have plagued the European continent.
Personally I prefer plain speaking which allows for reasoned discussion and debate rather than vague allegories which are open to much mis-interpretation.

I think we all agreed that Ireland and all of it's related issues are far better suited to another thread of it's own.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Ok. Sorry. My funny bone was in high gear at the time.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Well freeborn looks like i missed the party with unsympathetic, emphasis on the last 8 letters of his name ha ha ha. I think we have a lot more in common than you`d think.

however, I like my music loud and my drink to excess.

Same as mate you`d be more than welcome. Maybe i will start thinking about a thread to discuss the Irish/British(english) issues posted on here so like minded people can discuss it properly with out little englanders and hardcore republicans high jacking the whole thing.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

Never know mate, next time I'm in Manchester might get the chance to have a 'few' beers and a bit of craic.

Haven't been there for a while, used to get there quite regularly but not so much the last couple of years.
Much the same as Glasgow - used to go there at least 4 or 5 times a year but with advancing years and shifting priorities times change.

But there's still plenty of life left in this old dog yet.

It would be good to discuss Ireland and it's related issues etc, my experience of them both here on ATS and in general leads me to believe they nearly always end up becoming quite heated - a passionate subject and people tend to have set opinions, which is a shame because if things are to continue to change for the better for all concerned many of the 'old values' etc need to be set aside and as I'm sure you'll agree that'll be very hard, but worth the effort.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Or as we say here, you two could get a room. You can be snotty all you want in private instead of a public forum.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

MOMof3

Or as we say here, you two could get a room. You can be snotty all you want in private instead of a public forum.

Or as we say here MOMof3. Keep your beak out of things you have no knowledge of. If you`ve nothing friendly or productive to add to the conversation go and find a thread where you can act like a jumped up little troll, as that is what your coming across as.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

Peace to you too Fenian. You probably don't celebrate Thanksgiving but have a Happy Meal that day. I am 62, retired, love conspiracies, not sure yet what a troll is, except the ones in The Lord of the Rings. I have never had the means to travel far from home and as we say in the Dixie south "furiners interest me". And I don't mind being called nosy.
edit on 26-11-2013 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

Just to clarify over our "exchange" (sounds so aggressive!), I didn't actually say the Irish were British either, just saying that, technically, the Irish are a "British people" owing to the fact they come from the British Isles, which is an important distinction to claiming they are "British" as in the nation. There are four nations within the British Isles, England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. I thought I had made myself clear, apologies.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

ABNARTY

If more gun control is that important to you, move to the UK. If you want less gun control, move to the US. Neither is better or worse. If you claim one is better or worse, you need to accept there may be no empirical evidence to support it. Just your opinion.

What about homicide rates and, specifically, gun related homicide rates?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Whodathunkdatcheese

Raw numbers like x per 100,000 killed by guns a year has no real value unless we can drill down with more detail into the numbers such as suicides, accidents of various categories, self defense etc along with the fact that while US/UK laws started off pretty much the same theres been a lot of changes on both sides since the colonies declared independance

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join