It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing "thing" recorded during space walk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Thats the title of this video, so i use it for my thread title.
This video was posted in This Thread
Now, there are a lot of anomalies in the video, the main one being some "thing" moving around the outside of the ISS. There is also a washer floating around.
But the reason for my thread is what happens at exactly 2:54 into the video.
Something attaches itself to the outside of the ISS and then disappears very quickly!
If you observe closely, it has a blue light on top which flashes as it attaches itself. Its there for 3 seconds and then disappears.
The person that posted it on youtube reckons it went inside the ISS, but im not so sure. But i am stumped as to what it could be

Watch from 2:45 onward in full screen

So what the heck was that ????!!!!
im hoping the great minds here can tell me, its a pity about the crap quality of the video.
Does anyone know where i can get the original?

edit on 20/11/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

It may be caused by liquid , the post and analysis by depthoffield on This thread appears to show the presence of liquid may be the cause of the "washer" or bokeh effect so perhaps it accounts for the other effect highlighted .

notice how the direction of the squashing is oriented to the center of the image, and the squashing is maximum when bokeh is at the maximum distance from the center, at the right upper corner, while when the disc is near the center, it respects the rounded shape (even when later the camera pans to watch the disc)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps ?

edit on 20-11-2013 by gortex because: edit to add appears

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

did something blow a smoke ring
, comforting to know that smoking is allowed in space

if that was an astronaut , he/she has had a few advanced contortionist lessons.

funBox

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

But how long would liquids stay in liquid form it couldn't be water?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

kinda chilli in space , maybe that was a icedcone floating past , and when the camera panned away , it was because the camera operator heard the distant sound of an icecream van.. seeeeen

funBox

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I don't know how or where it is but it does appear to be liquid in the image , perhaps the camera is inside the station and the liquid is an the window or perhaps I'm mistaken and it isn't liquid at all

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

What luiquids are fluent in space?

i found this, which seems to say its pretty darn cold

In the void between planets, star systems and galaxies, the temperature in space is generally considered to be 2.725 Kelvin which is -454.72°F (-270.4°C). This is only a very small amount above absolute zero, the coldest possible temperature at which the movement of all matter ceases at -459.67°F (-273.15°C).

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
But this thread is about what attaches itself to the ISS at 2:54 in the video.
i get all that about the washer, but what about what ive highlighted?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I'm not saying you're wrong but it couldn't be water it has to be something with allot of antifreeze..

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

But this thread is about what attaches itself to the ISS at 2:54 in the video.

Indeed it is and here it is ...

I don't think it is blue as there are many blue flashes in the video , I think the colour is to do with the video not the object and I'm not so sure the object is an object .

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

the moment she says -o yeah that's true. the blue box? there pooping up all over the place in that segment.there is a dam # piece of footage , machinery somewhere is creating the vertical waves you see , there's so much exposure problems im not even going to begin analysing this piece of crap. shame on the whole space program for producing such mediocre footage , another tipped hat to great documentation of our space endeavours. nasa should go see Hollywood and borrow some staff.. o erhhem

funBOx

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thanks for the screenshot.
If your not sure its an object, whaddya reckon it is?
Looks fairly solid to me

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Space cricket?

Flippancy aside, that does indeed look like something does land/attach to the hull. Whether it goes inside or just around the side is hard to tell. Was it recorded in real time or a time lapse? That gif a few posts back also seems to show something skittering near the corner of the frame.

edit on 20-11-2013 by Redboxin because: redaction

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Iqarus
reply to post by gortex

What luiquids are fluent in space?

i found this, which seems to say its pretty darn cold

In the void between planets, star systems and galaxies, the temperature in space is generally considered to be 2.725 Kelvin which is -454.72°F (-270.4°C). This is only a very small amount above absolute zero, the coldest possible temperature at which the movement of all matter ceases at -459.67°F (-273.15°C).

Note the bolded part: The ISS is not in the void between planets. It's around 200 miles above the Earth.

Additionally, I could be wrong but I think when something is in direct sunlight it is quite a bit hotter than that. Which for example is why we must put liquid coolant on infrared telescopes and why the space station and space shuttle had things to radiate that heat away.

Space can be a very cold or very hot place apparently.

As for the liquid, it only looks liquid close to where it is coming out, it then appears to freeze and move away from the ISS. Which is about what you'd expect.

If it was a leak it might have been due to a micrometeorid or space junk impact.

I don't think it is liquid at all. It looks more to me like the ripple effect due to heat.

You know, like when you are driving and the air seems "liquid" due to the heat coming up from the road.

I wonder what James Oberg thinks of this?
edit on 20-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

funbox

the moment she says -o yeah that's true. the blue box? there pooping up all over the place in that segment.there is a dam # piece of footage , machinery somewhere is creating the vertical waves you see , there's so much exposure problems im not even going to begin analysing this piece of crap. shame on the whole space program for producing such mediocre footage , another tipped hat to great documentation of our space endeavours. nasa should go see Hollywood and borrow some staff.. o erhhem

funBOx

Unlike Hollywood, most NASA cameras are not there for your entertainment. They are there to provide a view or other data for engineers.

Believe it or not, most of the reason we're in space and do science is NOT for entertainment purposes.

I realize that in a dumbed down country that revolves around entertainment this may seem like an "alien" idea to you. (pun intended)

But, honestly, it's like you criticizing my home security camera. Do you know how ridiculous that would sound?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

an entry level canon would provide sharper footage, what are you on about "my entertainment" , don't you feel that a lot could be gained from quality footage? how about spacewalk procedures , adequately filmed they would provide invaluable training footage , and a multiple of other reasons less not, high quality footage of the blood impacts of a micrometeorite passing through a working astronaut and other such rare events. science needs to up its image , high quality footage would do that considerably

chunderingBox

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

So what do you reckon attaches itself at 2:54 in the video?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
arent you the overly sceptic guy?

interesting .....

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

funbox

an entry level canon would provide sharper footage, what are you on about "my entertainment" , don't you feel that a lot could be gained from quality footage? how about spacewalk procedures , adequately filmed they would provide invaluable training footage , and a multiple of other reasons less not, high quality footage of the blood impacts of a micrometeorite passing through a working astronaut and other such rare events. science needs to up its image , high quality footage would do that considerably

chunderingBox

Weren't you the same guy who kept asking "Why do they send a billion dollar rover to Mars to take black & white photos"?

...next...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

SecretKnowledge

So what do you reckon attaches itself at 2:54 in the video?

Nothing I can see attaches itself to anything.

What I do see at 2:45 looks like a tiny particle (ice?) hitting the lens of the camera and running down or evaporating. As the quality of this video is pretty bad it just looks all pixelated.

Whatever it is, its out of focus and close up not distant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join