It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steroids in new Portland police contract

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The Portland Police Association said the bureau's drug-testing policy would be revised to favor its members under a tentative four-year contract. How? It "protects members who take sports supplements that are tainted with steroids or prohormones,'' according to a union memo e-mailed to members this weekend.

The Portland police union's tentative contract contains a new protection for officers: They won't face repercussions if they take sports supplements that are "tainted with steroids or prohormones'' and test positive in random drug tests.

There is no guarantee that this will be approved, but I thought I would present this to ATS and see what everyone's thoughts were on it.

Some people may be all for it thinking this will help the police do their job better. However, some might be wondering why the Portland police are essentially trying to make anabolic steroids legal to make "Super Cops". Hitler's super soldiers came to mind that he fed meth to.

Here is the link to the story.

Please leave your thoughts.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

Rather have a strong sturdy COP than a wimpy one.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

How can this be a good thing? For pete's sake, we are having enough problems with cops being out of control, so now they will be protected by some "Roid Rage" clause?

I'm about done believing there is any hope for everyday average citizens.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Two replies and two different point of views. I had a feeling that might be the case.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

spartaocean

I would rather a strong minded cop who is not going to become irrational,power mad,short tempered and end up shooting you dead it a fit of roid rage personally,but hey it takes all sorts...
Are all non steroid abusing cops the wimpy ones in your eyes?
Sheesh.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

When baseball players take steroids, it's a congressional hearing. Cops getting all roided up? Contract negotiation.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

theantediluvian

When baseball players take steroids, it's a congressional hearing. Cops getting all roided up? Contract negotiation.

seems a little lop sided doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It's disgustingly transparent how the law is inflexible if you're on the business end of a cop, but any childish excuse is accepted in their defense.

"I don't know the difference between a gun and a tazer"
"I don't know the difference between a gun and the nozzle of a garden hose"
"There was coc aine and testosterone cypionate in my whey protein for some reason".

But like any crime, if it's really a problem eventually it will probably punish itself. Show me a muscle-bound roid raging cop, and I'll show you someone who ends up doubled over puking on himself with his knees together after a short foot pursuit.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

spartaocean

Funny.
I'd rather have a level headed, non-roid raging officer without an m-4 pointed at my head protecting my rights...but maybe that's just me.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Have any of you actually done research on anabolic steroids outside of media hype and webmd?

If you have "roid rage"...its not from anabolic steroids, its because you're an asshole that needs an excuse to lash out

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xNightwing

Are you seriously suggesting that people should believe what they read ahead of their own eyes? No doubt there are plenty of people who will take any excuse they can get to be a miserable excuse for a human being, but when you keep running into people who are manipulating their hormones and every one of them seems to be a wreck, it's safe to draw a conclusion.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

While you bring up a valid point, the research you refer to is not conclusive.
Until such time as it is, we have direct correlation between aggressive behavior and testosterone.
You might very well be proven correct in time but that day isn't today.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Amazing this can happen. Now any cop who tests positive for 'roids has an excuse and will not get fired. There are still people who do not realize the US is quickly becoming a police state and the police are truly above the law. What is scarier is that many realize there is a police state and are okay with it because it makes them feel safer.

This reminds me a lot of Orwell's Animal Farm, where the pigs train the dogs in private and use them against the pig who wanted equal rights and the other animals that do not comply. There are many other parts of that book with scary parallels.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The Vagabond

Are you seriously suggesting that people should believe what they read ahead of their own eyes? No doubt there are plenty of people who will take any excuse they can get to be a miserable excuse for a human being, but when you keep running into people who are manipulating their hormones and every one of them seems to be a wreck, it's safe to draw a conclusion.

Who are these people you're literally or figuratively running into?

I used to be involved in the bodybuilding scene....so I know and have seen more people on steroids than I can list...and have actually seen none of them act out in a rage...let alone "roid rage"

It's media hollywood nonsense

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I used to be involved in the bodybuilding scene....so I know and have seen more people on steroids than I can list...and have actually seen none of them act out in a rage...let alone "roid rage"

It's media hollywood nonsense

No it's not. I've been around enough of these cops to be able to pick them out of a lineup. They're the ones with the bulging necks, swollen beefy features that have a kind of tension shake when they're forced to stand still.

Anyone with eyes can pick out a 'roid freak.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

xNightwing
Have any of you actually done research on anabolic steroids outside of media hype and webmd?

If you have "roid rage"...its not from anabolic steroids, its because you're an asshole that needs an excuse to lash out
\

No, "roid rage" is real. I know this for a fact. I will say that it has been blown out of proportion and sensationalized, but it does really exist.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! Hulk SMASH!!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Well the worst part of roids is the roid rage.

I have a friend who is the sweetest guy, started taking them to battle HIV weight loss and it completely changed his demeanor. I seriously thought that he had been binge drinking Vodka for six months.

Now imagine that in a police officer where other people's lives are in their hands.

This country is becoming seriously messed up. Now not only do I have to worry about lawbreaker criminals but lawmaking criminals.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Tucket

ARRRRRRRRRGH!!! Hulk SMASH!!

maybe not a good thing to have a cop acting out like that....

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Agreed.
I have personally known only three people who went the steroid route and only one of them could have been considered a screw up
All of them underwent severe changes in their behavior and attitudes.
All their girlfriends or wives left them.
They all lost their jobs over constant fighting.
They all strained their familial bonds to the breaking point.
(I will not use names to protect the innocent.)

One of them died from complications to excessive steroid use...the screw up of course. He fought so hard against anyone who pleaded with him not to use them and he flat out refused any help from anyone who offered it. By the time he realized it had killed him, it was too late.
The second saw what was happening to the first and quit a few years before he died. He slowly began to return to his former self but he was never the same since and has battled with chronic weight problems since he stopped taking them. We don't speak anymore as a result of one too many roid-feuled arguements but I'm glad he finally came to his sences.
I heard that the third one moved out of province shortly after his family essentially disowned him. He had nearly hospitalized his own father over an arguement about the tv remote. His family didn't press charges but they kicked him out faster than you can say anabolic. I heard from his sister that he stopped taking them after a brief stint in body building didn't turn out as he had planned. He also has weight problems now but not as bad as the second guy.

All of them used to be nice people...even if the first one could be a bit of a d-bag from time to time...but they all changed so dramatically that I refuse to write this off as coinsedence.
At least such is my experience.

-Peace-

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join