It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Statue Moving ....Mistery Solved !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Remember the Egyptian statue that was moving by itself on a Manchester museum ?

Well, it looks like mistery is solved now - Vibration due to trafic and other sources...

www.independent.ie... ml

So, no paranormal activity nor anything strange

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

What about the other statues next to it, or in its area?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So it's not a magic statue? Weeeeeird.
/sarcasm

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spartaocean

Professor Brian Cox, who teaches physics at the university, gave a more worldly explanation. Mr Price said: “Brian thinks it’s differential friction, where two surfaces - the serpentine stone of the statuette and glass shelf it is on - cause a subtle vibration which is making the statuette turn."

Maybe different surfaces with different friction ?!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So I guess they will put it on a shelf made of a different material then? Or do they enjoy the extra attention from this interesting effect? But is it worth risking damage to the statue every time it must be returned to its original position?

It wpuldve been cool if the statue was trying to point to something. Like maybe something buried in the wall of the museum. But, its probably just vibrations... Nothing to get excited about... No need to stake out the joint and go digging into the walls after closing hours... I mean, cmon, what would that accomplish?? What sane person would Ever want to try such an outlandish- wooah, ok, reeling it back a bit... Can't make it too obvious... well played, there, buddy. I don't think anybody noticed... You madeit sound convincing. Just got a little excited there at the end. Now just make sure you aren't typing out your thoughts like last time, and this should all go smoothly, just as good as dodgers, I tell you!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

3n19m470
...So I guess they will put it on a shelf made of a different material then? ...

Not the shelf but the statue itself. It can be made of other materials or maybe it`s rounder than the others at the bottom or maybe it`s more polished than the others making it move with vibrations while others don`t.

top topics

join