It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet C/2012 S1 - ISON, Stereo Ahead HI1-A

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

daryllyn

‏@RandomSpaceFact 46m
It is now clear that Comet #ISON either survived or did not survive, or... maybe both. Hope that clarifies things.

I LOLed when I read that, because I am not at all clear with what is up with this comet.

I see so many saying it survived... many saying that it didn't... I can't find any noteworthy sources saying ISON is alive. Everything I'm seeing says that what we are seeing is a remnant.
all major news channels are reporting it didn,t survive and thats from nasa,now i,m guessing its true even tho i want to hold out hope they are wrong but i doubt nasa would want to look like complete fools if a bright comet appeared on the horizon.

so from that alone i myself have gave up hope.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Its very pointy. Does it have a small coma developing?. Nasa will just say a fragment survived. Will the coma be on the opposide of the comet? It may be brightening due to pristine parts of the comet are now in sun light. Fits in with the wings rotating on entry exposing its back side on exit?
edit on 28-11-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added oppinion

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Also,may ison just have burnt of 1 side of it on entry?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Some videos from C3 ..

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'm asking myself , if part of this comet has burned of and the mass decreases wouldn't that influence the trajectory in some way..?

I mean the gravity of the sun stays the same to me but the mass of the object doesn't .?
edit on 0b24America/ChicagoFri, 29 Nov 2013 07:01:24 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 29 Nov 2013 07:01:24 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

0bserver1
I'm asking myself , if part of this comet has burned of and the mass decreases wouldn't that influence the trajectory in some way..?

I mean the gravity of the sun stays the same to me but the mass of the object doesn't .?
edit on 0b24America/ChicagoFri, 29 Nov 2013 07:01:24 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 29 Nov 2013 07:01:24 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)
no all things fall at the same rate regardless of mass. Explosive power may push a few chunks of track a tad. I more concerned about the ion tail linking the earth and the sun. The tails flap about quite a bit.we will know in a few days as the solar wind excelerates the ion tail towards earth.Some brilliant auroras perhaps

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Can we assume that those chunks are similar in size just like any other meteorites that fall to earth in case were in that path?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

0bserver1

Can we assume that those chunks are similar in size just like any other meteorites that fall to earth in case were in that path?
iEarth would be extremely lucky/unlucky if any chunk of any size hit earth.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Depends on the size of the debris " I instantly get this weird feeling about that movie Gravity did you see that movie. ..?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
ISON --LASCO C2/C3 (2013-11-28 06:12:07 - 2013-11-30 05:36:05 UTC)

Nov 30, 2013

edit on 30-11-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Latest images, A HI1..

files.abovetopsecret.com...

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...
edit on 2-12-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

MariaLida
Latest images, A HI1..

edit on 2-12-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Comet ISON says "I'm not dead yet".

From this link

Faint Comet #ISON (upper right) from STEREO A HI1 Dec 1 21:18..

Its actually easier to see if you go to the website and make yourself an animated slideshow.
- From the dropdown box, select "AHEAD HI 1"
- Select "slideshow"
- Select either the date range aroundf now, or either just the last 40 images.

If this is indeed comet ISON then doomsdayers can pack away thier stuff in preparation for the next comet, because, as expected, as predicted, it is moving up and out of the plane of Earths orbit, as expected.

edit on amTuesdayfam1 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Comet ISON latest animation, STEREO HI1-A

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Latest image ..

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

alfa1
Comet ISON says "I'm not dead yet".

From this link

Faint Comet #ISON (upper right) from STEREO A HI1 Dec 1 21:18..

Its actually easier to see if you go to the website and make yourself an animated slideshow.
- From the dropdown box, select "AHEAD HI 1"
- Select "slideshow"
- Select either the date range aroundf now, or either just the last 40 images.

If this is indeed comet ISON then doomsdayers can pack away thier stuff in preparation for the next comet, because, as expected, as predicted, it is moving up and out of the plane of Earths orbit, as expected.

edit on amTuesdayfam1 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

That looks pretty dead to me - all I'm seeing is a very faint cloud of dust. A "live" comet would look much brighter and show greater condensation. The red-coloured images look to have been processed to make this dust cloud brighter.

Today's HI1 images show an almost invisible trace of that dust cloud: stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

It's still in the view of HI1 because you can trace its movement from yesterday's images. And yes, the animated slideshow is a good way to see what's happening.

Here's a better-resolution image from Nov 30th. ISON's remains are hardly brighter than the solar corona and flares. stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Looking forward to when there are such clear images for Dec 2 - 3.
edit on 3-12-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me what this object is? It's showing up in Stereos COR2 ahead and behind.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rawheroine

Jupiter or Mercury?

Here's one with Ison coming through.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Hey, NASA,,,,, put on the popcorn,,,,it's still there,, Ison.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join