It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Arrested For Trying to Pick Kids Up From School

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

This is fascinating to me, you are talking about a Town which is on the other side of the world to where I live but the laws are the same/similar regarding Schools, and Kids.

Why then are tptb all over the globe implementing the same/similar sets of rules for all. someone in another post answered that question. State owned... BS!

I went with a friend of mine to pick up his 2 boys from school, we sat in his car behind at least 30 other cars waiting for the kids to come out, we were there for ages, so I ask him "are you going to go fetch them" (the kids) he said no, we follow the line of cars and pick them up at the pick up point. Your f%#king kidding. I never went with him again.

I guess my turn will come when one of my grown up kid's ask me to pick up my grand kids, not looking forward to that!

I can see this guys frustration, I can also see he is out to set up a lawsuit, right or wrong, they are his kids.

When I was a kid back in the 60's as soon as the bell went we were out the door and off the grounds in no time flat.
If your mam or dad came to pick you up it would have been an embarrassment. (Junior School)

Yes I know, sadly those days are long gone.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Typical knee jerk emotional reactions without anyone stopping to use common sense.

When my husband was little, he was snatched from school and went missing for 3 months.

Now, if a relative strolls into a school anytime they want and snatches a child, everyone here would be screaming bloody murder at the school for not protecting the child and letting anyone wander in.

Guess what, an abusive father who is restricted from access, is still a father. Should they be able to just walk in? Like you all said, it is HIS CHILD.

See how that works?

Now really, in the days after Sandy Hook, you think a school should let anyone stroll in when they want?
edit on 22-11-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

EternalSolace
When I watch clips like this, it furthers my believe that the public school system should be dismantled. The same thing should go for the Department of Education. We can take all that money that's gone into the public school system and Dept. of Education and kick it into private schools and vouchers for those who can't afford it. It's saying quite a bit when private schools produce much better results in children's education. Once again, I blame it on government oversight.The public school system has WAY too much control over our countries children. It's the parents primary responsibility to determine what is in the best interest of a child.

That second clip, she's right in a way. Children do, in a way, belong to a community. I grew in a small community. When children acted up, not only did we get from our parents, we got it from whomever caught what was going on. My question is, where are the other parents of that community? They should recognize that one day it could be any one of them trying to pick up their kids and not be allowed to. This could happen to ANYONE with kids in a public school system.

People, we are not sheep. We are not powerless. All it would take is no less than twenty or parents marching into the school superintendents office to have that changed. Imagine if that community stood together in the face of that school's ignorance. We're all a community. We're a community faced with the biggest threat known to our way of life. How can anyone not see this?

I hope that parent sues that deputy sheriff, the sheriff's office, the school, the school superintendent, and the state. We should all be cheering him on.

Talk about a major over reaction.

One school out of 44,000 does something you don't like and you want the whole system to be torn down and overhauled.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

kaylaluv
reply to post by Realtruth

Yes, you can take your child out of school early for various reasons, like doctor appts., out of town trips, etc., but when you sign your child out, you usually have to give the reason (at least you did in every school my daughter attended). This guy didn't have any reason other than he wanted to avoid the traffic jam. Gee, I suppose every parent should have then been allowed to park their car in the pick-up line, walk into the school, then demand that their child be released right now, so they could drive away. Can you imagine the chaos in the lobby at that point?

It sounds to me like this father wanted special accommodations, RIGHT NOW.

Imagine if they gave him his way, then he starts doing it every day, then other parents will demand to not wait....and so on.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

As always Noxy baby you are the voice of reason

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

If the school wants to make such policies then they have to have the agreement of all the parents to waive their rights, not just a few who are on the PTA. If the policy violates state statute or constitutional law, and the parents have not waived their rights via contract, then its illegal. If a parent refuses to comply with their policies then the parent should be given the option to relocate their children to another school, at a reasonable distance, which the parent agrees to.

It's most assuredly illegal for the police to arrest someone for being in “contempt of cop” because they are legally and respectfully defending their rights. If a parent disagrees with the policy, the most that can be done to them is for the school to refuse service to that family.

You cannot lock everyone up in a little 4x4 padded cell to guarantee their safety from everything, and slowly that is what the government is doing to all of us. Taking our rights in exchange for a false promise of safety. We are all being quietly being put in little prison cells, for our own protection, but the cells have lots of windows, computers, and TV's, which give the illusion of freedom.

We are being identified, cataloged, marked, tracked, disarmed, our correspondence read, conversations listened too, access to our children denied, our medical treatment is being dictated, our food/drink/medications are being controlled, etc... If you know anything about prisons, you should see the similarities quickly. Of course this is all for the greater good of our own protection...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
the damaged soul is a great commodity for the evil that rules this world we live in,it seems clear that children growing up and developing in loving homes is no good for the system these draconian have in store for the future....as in 1984 the kids were used to identify thought outside the realm of what was allowed.....what better way than through indoctrination ...train them while they are young...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join