It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Arrested For Trying to Pick Kids Up From School

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

ESTILL SPRINGS, TN (WSMV) -
If a child gets sick at school, naturally teachers will call a parent. But when officials at one school couldn't reach a dad right away, they called the Department of Children's Services. Now, that father in Franklin County wants to know why.

This happened in TN yesterday. News story here

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Found an interesting video a while back regarding school education in USA, the curriculum and the agenda.
It's an interesting watch, and I'd recommend it if you have the time (almost 1 hour).
There seems to be a uniform curriculum that teaches passivity, conformity, mob/herd mentality, etc.

Hope you can take the time to watch it, as I'm pretty sure it's coming to the UK education system soon.
Enclosed below:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

kaylaluv
Our school also requires you to pick up your child via car (except for special circumstance).

That seems absolutely ludicrous.

What if I don't have a car?

What if I drive a dually truck that I don't feel like navigating through some school parking lot maze?

What if I'd like to save the planet a few kg of co2 and ride my tandem bike over?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I have two criticisms of your stance on this. For one, you don't seem to believe that parental authority should always supersede school policy. I don't even think a parent should be forced to provide a reason for picking up his/her own child early. Responsibility rests with the parents, including answering for abuse, truancy violations, etc.

An important aspect of the situation is being overlooked by you and others. The father was told that he could take his children before the time stated in policy, but only if he signed a form allowing his children to walk home on their own. He did not want to authorize that, for obviously he was concerned over their safety since he intended to walk them home. The school gave him two bad choices: waste 30 minutes waiting, or authorize the school to let the kids walk home alone.

Senseless, legal CYA bureaucracy on the part of the school. Obtuse, egotistical abuse of power on the part of the deputy.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Lilroanie
We have many times before had protests to prove a point, like 23 moms taking turns sitting in a crappy math teachers class till we had proof he was an idiot and he finally got fired.
Lil

Brilliant!

I love hearing situation where parents take pro-active approaches and show the schools system who is boss.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

TelosAs A.J. put it Meanwhile, in other major western countries, children are being assigned a “state minder” from birth under draconian new proposals that would enable the government to spy on families under the justification of preventing “child abuse”.

This sounds just too much like animal farm where Napoleon the pig takes the puppies and turns them into attack dogs and any animal who questions Napoleon’s leadership—meet instant death at the teeth of the attack dogs.

It 'used' to be required reading now it has turned into an operating manual.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

8675309jenny

kaylaluv
Our school also requires you to pick up your child via car (except for special circumstance).

What if I drive a dually truck that I don't feel like navigating through some school parking lot maze?

What if I'd like to save the planet a few kg of co2 and ride my tandem bike over?

Hire a taxi?

Borrow a car?

Homeschool?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

OpenMindedRealist
reply to post by kaylaluv

An important aspect of the situation is being overlooked by you and others. The father was told that he could take his children before the time stated in policy, but only if he signed a form allowing his children to walk home on their own. He did not want to authorize that, for obviously he was concerned over their safety since he intended to walk them home. The school gave him two bad choices: waste 30 minutes waiting, or authorize the school to let the kids walk home alone.

I didn't get that out of the video at all. What I heard was, "all walkers are released as soon as all buses are loaded." Period. I never heard anything about if you sign the form you don't have to wait, but if you don't sign the form you do have to wait. I heard nothing like that.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is disturbing because this is the neighboring county to me. As a matter of fact, it may be a new state wide (or maybe just surrounding areas) policy. My husband tried to walk up to the car line to get our daughter one day. He was told to "Stop where you are and get back in your car and get in the line!" I was livid, and believe me, I would have gotten my daughter if it had been me. Whose to say she didn't have an appointment!?!? But that shouldn't matter! She is my fraking kid!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Halt citizen, present school authorization pass.

Second warning, present school authorization pass.

Unable to authorize, citizen is resisting arrest.

*pew pew pew*

(Probably what the US would be like if it could afford robot cops)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
School policy doesn't trump the US Constitution or state statues. Annoying a police officer by respectfully sticking up for your rights is not a crime. The arresting officer and the elected sheriff should know this. If they don't understand this basic legal concept neither of them have any right to be in law enforcement. The schools only legal recourse to deal with someone that is breaking school policy is to deny admittance to the families children, not trump up false arrest charges to silence opposition.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

kaylaluv
I didn't get that out of the video at all. What I heard was, "all walkers are released as soon as all buses are loaded." Period. I never heard anything about if you sign the form you don't have to wait, but if you don't sign the form you do have to wait. I heard nothing like that.

Its the piece of paper that is being passed between him and the clerk behind the desk.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

kaylaluv

8675309jenny

kaylaluv

Hire a taxi?

Borrow a car?

Homeschool?

Are you high? You actually BELIEVE those are reasonable suggestions? Hire a taxi to sit in line for an hour?!?!?!

Borrow a car? Why not a Learjet? Hell, if you don't have your own airplane you shouldn't be allowed into an airport right!?!?

Or homeschool?

Is that you Marie Antoinette? Yea, why can we have our chauffeurs pick up our kids like all your civilized people......

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The crux of the issue here is the parents didn't want to sign a form that would ultimately allow their kids to walk home alone. I totally understand them not wanting to allow the school to release their kids to walk home alone, why doesn't the school have a form allowing release into parents custody?

I think what I would do maybe is sign that form, and then after receiving my kids, have them take the form off file and destroy. Then repeat that every day for a week, or as long as it takes to show the school how idiotic its policy is.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 8675309jenny

Actually the crux of the problem here is school policy is just school policy, it holds zero bearing in the real world. It certainly isn't law, and it most assuredly doesn't trump law. To make matters worse you have a law enforcement officer, who should have known better, trumping up false charges and making an illegal arrest over a violation of something that isn't law. Basically he falsely arrested the man for "pissing off a police officer" (what the police call a 'Popo' charge), when the man was legally standing up for his legal rights. Then, you also have a sheriff and principal defending the officers illegal actions.

All three of these gentlemen need to be removed from office, civilly sued, and the officer needs to be criminally charged with false arrest and filing a false police report.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
When I watch clips like this, it furthers my believe that the public school system should be dismantled. The same thing should go for the Department of Education. We can take all that money that's gone into the public school system and Dept. of Education and kick it into private schools and vouchers for those who can't afford it. It's saying quite a bit when private schools produce much better results in children's education. Once again, I blame it on government oversight.The public school system has WAY too much control over our countries children. It's the parents primary responsibility to determine what is in the best interest of a child.

That second clip, she's right in a way. Children do, in a way, belong to a community. I grew in a small community. When children acted up, not only did we get from our parents, we got it from whomever caught what was going on. My question is, where are the other parents of that community? They should recognize that one day it could be any one of them trying to pick up their kids and not be allowed to. This could happen to ANYONE with kids in a public school system.

People, we are not sheep. We are not powerless. All it would take is no less than twenty or parents marching into the school superintendents office to have that changed. Imagine if that community stood together in the face of that school's ignorance. We're all a community. We're a community faced with the biggest threat known to our way of life. How can anyone not see this?

I hope that parent sues that deputy sheriff, the sheriff's office, the school, the school superintendent, and the state. We should all be cheering him on.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

defcon5
reply to post by 8675309jenny

Actually the crux of the problem here is school policy is just school policy, it holds zero bearing in the real world. It certainly isn't law, and it most assuredly doesn't trump law. To make matters worse you have a law enforcement officer, who should have known better, trumping up false charges and making an illegal arrest over a violation of something that isn't law. Basically he falsely arrested the man for "pissing off a police officer" (what the police call a 'Popo' charge), when the man was legally standing up for his legal rights. Then, you also have a sheriff and principal defending the officers illegal actions.

All three of these gentlemen need to be removed from office, civilly sued, and the officer needs to be criminally charged with false arrest and filing a false police report.

Well yes clearly, I just meant the main issue with this particular argument stems from the school not even providing a logical way to walk your own kids home. Signing a form that allows them to go home alone is stupid.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

defcon5

kaylaluv

Its the piece of paper that is being passed between him and the clerk behind the desk.

Yes, I saw the form. What I didn't see or hear, was anyone saying if he didn't sign the form he would have to wait longer then if he did sign the form. Either way, walkers are released after the buses are loaded. Whether he signed the form or not - whether the kids walk alone, or with the parents. Didn't matter. The procedure is that walkers are released after the buses are loaded. Period. Dad didn't like that.

Look, the school obviously needs to work on their pick-up procedures if parents are having to wait over an hour in a car pick-up line. What we don't know here, is if the school has communicated to the parents that they are working to resolve the issue or not. If they are, follow the current procedures and give them time to work it out. If they're not - then the parents need to go higher up - to the superintendent or the school board. If all the parents threaten to move their kids out of the school - believe me, the school will figure out a solution. What you (not you personally) don't need to do is be a jerk about it and call the sheriff's office on speaker, trying to intimidate the school into breaking the policy just for you.
edit on 22-11-2013 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

8675309jenny

kaylaluv

8675309jenny

kaylaluv

Hire a taxi?

Borrow a car?

Homeschool?

Are you high? You actually BELIEVE those are reasonable suggestions? Hire a taxi to sit in line for an hour?!?!?!

Borrow a car? Why not a Learjet? Hell, if you don't have your own airplane you shouldn't be allowed into an airport right!?!?

Or homeschool?

Is that you Marie Antoinette? Yea, why can we have our chauffeurs pick up our kids like all your civilized people......

Ha, yeah I was being a bit sarcastic there. In my community, everyone has a car, so it's not an issue. Also, our school is located right off a busy freeway, and there aren't any homes within a few miles, so it's highly unlikely anyone would NOT want to use a car. I'm assuming if there were one or two people who didn't have or want a car, they could work it out with the admin as a special circumstance.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

defcon5
School policy doesn't trump the US Constitution or state statues. Annoying a police officer by respectfully sticking up for your rights is not a crime. The arresting officer and the elected sheriff should know this. If they don't understand this basic legal concept neither of them have any right to be in law enforcement. The schools only legal recourse to deal with someone that is breaking school policy is to deny admittance to the families children, not trump up false arrest charges to silence opposition.

I absolutely agree with this. The officer was flat out wrong to arrest the man. He lost his temper, that's all there is to it. All he had to do was tell the guy that he had to wait until his kid was released with the other walkers. Then he should have just walked away, and not engage him anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join