It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got bumps that keep forming on my back???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I got bumps that keep forming on my back??? It's been going on since about 2005. I've done a lot of research and seen dr's about it like 3 times or more. They say it's just back acne most likely. It's so strange though as I never use have back acne. But yet it formed when I was about 30? Thats' strange.

I'm not gonna go buying any products or rubbing anything on my back. It's not that bad, plus I don't have extra money to be blowing on dumb ance products. Its' covered most of the time obviously anyway. But I'm just trying to figure out what the heck it is? Is it just back acne and that's it, I just go to live with it? Or is there something else I'm missing? it's so annoying.

It's about this bad....(first image)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Looks like back acne but you can get rid of those by showering twice a day (morning and night), and sleeping in clean clothes (t-shirt is fine, anything less might be too little) and be sure to wash your back properly with soap. When I sleep without a shirt on or don't shower for a day i get acne problems. So I feel ya

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Hi Spartacus, I had that in my twenties. Sometimes they would get pretty painfull. It gradually got better in my thirties, and after I saw an osteopath, it went away completely, even the scars are almost gone.

My brother had it too, so it could be somewhat genetic.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If you eat a lot of food containing nicotinic acid, that can happen. Chili peppers and other hot peppers can do that. I noticed that problem escalated when I took a niacin pill. It brings blood flow out to the skin. This is a symptom of something wrong but the acne itself is not the problem. It is the inability of the skin to properly fight infection.

The nicotinic acid is not really the problem though, it just shows the problem. Remember that cigarettes contain Nicotine also, these symptoms can also come from cigarettes if they are smoked too much. The problem can come from an ingredient in shampoo or soap that causes the immune system to be suppressed. It can come from a food you are eating that is effecting your immune system. It is usually not that harmful but identifying the cause is necessary to rid you of the problem. Identifying the cause, not what makes the acne seeable is important. I have studied this but there are many different causes. Even an intollerance to something can cause this. Certain oils in foods can cause this.

Sorry I can't really help, I have only spent about twenty hours studying what causes this. Some of the remedies on the market can help, maybe some of the people who have this will be better at helping you. They have actually personally experienced this, I have not.

I know tomatoes and oranges can make my skin break out if I do to much of them. Tomatoes and oranges contain nicotinic acid and also a benzoate or benzoic acid which will also cause these symptomes
edit on 20-11-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
it's not really bad enough to do anything with it I find. Just bugs me though. I think my gf thinks I have some kind of decease or something.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Ask your GF to rub Noxzema (the kind in a blue jar), on your back before you take a shower. Do it about once a week and it will clear up pretty fast. And honestly, if you are honest with her and let her know that you know it is there, she will be happy to help you solve the problem. Women are good at wanting to heal the ones they love.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Head and Shoulders shampoo (the original kind only) will clear your back up. The magical ingredient is Zinc Pyrithirone. *Google search Head and Shoulders acne to find out more.
I read a forum about this last week while looking for something else (that usually happens) and everyone was saying that it really works you have to give it about 2 weeks. It was on accident that these people discovered this, apparently when it runs down your back the Zinc Pyrithirone kills acne. Also tea tree oil helps.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

There's a test for true love:
Will they scrub the acne on your back for you?
If they love you they will.

The reverse is particularly true guys:
Women love massages and just any non-sexual physical attention is usually adored. Brush their hair or even doing their nails will win you major points (if I'm wrong about this please speak up ladies!)
If not, watch out! It may be that time of the month or she may not be the girl for you.

I still have adult acne at 53.
It comes and goes but as long as it isn't painful or too awful looking I suppose I have much larger problems to worry about.
edit on 20-11-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Look up "hidradenitis supperativa". it is another form of acne typically only seen in adults, although it is horrendous in what it does to people. It is a real life biblical plague, with outbreaks lasting 20-30 years.

Adult acne is not uncommon. Not in the least.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Ain't no way I'm letting hubby come anywhere near me with fingernail polish! I never turn down physical attention though.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
In my younger years I had long hair and I would get those on my back, my brothers wife worked at clinic makeup at the mall and she asked if I washed my hair last and I said yes, she told me to wash it first. After a week all the bumps went away, so if that pertains you, you might try it.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You don't get it though, I don't want to bother treating sympoms. I I'd have to do that over and over again. That's lame. If I could find out what's the cause that's maybe worth looking at. Don't know if there's anyway to find that out though?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

spartacus699
You don't get it though, I don't want to bother treating sympoms. I I'd have to do that over and over again. That's lame. If I could find out what's the cause that's maybe worth looking at. Don't know if there's anyway to find that out though?

If you find out, you could become a multibillionaire, and possibly explain some of the more difficult to explain aspects of autoimmune disease (saving countless lives and untold misery in the process).

Good luck...lemme know how it goes.
edit on 20-11-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I am in no way qualified to offer medical advice, this is just from personal experience only. Please seek a doctor's opinion.....

"Acne" and not an allergic dermatitis is what I will be referring to during my post.

Normal acne can be caused by clogged pores. If you have been sweating a lot more than usual, or have had a little weight gain and are unable to scrub your back as good as you used to, this could be the cause. Pores get clogged, the dreaded bump forms. It is that easy.

You need a pore unclogger such as witch hazel or the recommended Noxzema above. Try wearing a material that wicks away moisture such as cotton. Those "Under Armor" type shirts don't do a good job of keeping you real dry. Also, as mentioned above, check your diet as that can easily cause acne.

top topics

join