It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima is a triumph for nuke power

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

That Germany is out of the Nuclear Sector is a wrong Imagination or Interpretation,
they will continue to use it until afair 2020 at least, there are still running NPS but
they closed a few of the old ones which is good for us but not harmful for the
nuclear Complex!

Also in Europe we have a open Market, means i can buy nuclear Energy
from France or Spain but "my Country" is free of NPS!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Human0815
reply to post by InTheLight

Regarding the big Quake at the 3/11

Seismic Construction Standards. The Fukushima 1 Daiichi plants were built to withstand peak ground acceleration of 0.18 g's. At the earthquake epicenter at a distance 110 miles away, peak ground acceleration reached 0.35 g's. Peak acceleration at the plants has not been reported.
----

At the Daini plant, ground accelerations ranged from 186 gal in the vertical plane at unit 1 to 277 gal from north to south at unit 3, as recorded by sensors in the reactor building foundation. The range of design basis figures is a spread from 415 gal to 512 gal.

At Daiichi there is still no data for units 1, 2 and 5, but available figures put the maximum acceleration as 507 gal from east to west at unit 3. The design basis for this was 441 gal. Other readings were below design basis, although east-west readings at unit 6 of 431 gal approached the design basis of 448 gal.

Fault zone acceleration. The world's biggest nuclear power plant had been built on an earthquake fault line that generated three times as much as seismic acceleration, or 606 gals, as it was designed to withstand, the utility said. One gal, a measure of shock effect, represents acceleration of 1 centimeter (0.4 inch) per square second.

Just the additional Info:
Source
edit on 20-11-2013 by Human0815 because: info

Well, it would seem if nations want to build plants on fault zones or on tsunami-prone coast lines, then they had better redesign them to withstand greater and more violent seismic and storm/flood events, because it only seems to be getting worse and worse on planet Earth.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

So far so good at Fuku??? Are you on crack? the whole Pacific ocean is now contaminated, thats not really "so far so good" unless you have the agenda to kill us all.

How's the health plan at GE? will they cover you for leukaemia?

Its not like you are going to answer me as you have yet to address any of my questions thus far.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

cartenz

So far so good at Fuku??? Are you on crack? the whole Pacific ocean is now contaminated, thats not really "so far so good" unless you have the agenda to kill us all.

Its not like you are going to answer me as you have yet to address any of my questions thus far.

Do you have reading and comprehensive issues? ...Quote by me "so far so good at Fukushima" - meaning the decommissioning happening now. Did you miss the above post re: Germany buying nuclear power from France and others?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

InTheLight

cartenz

Do you have reading and comprehensive issues? ...Quote by me "so far so good at Fukushima" - meaning the decommissioning happening now. Did you miss the above post re: Germany buying nuclear power from France and others?

Additionally ...

The point here is not whether we need nuclear power. It is whether the nuclear industry in Britain is learning from disasters. Is it coming clean about all the risks associated with the venture?

Hiroshi Minami, Japan's chief negotiator, said that with no nuclear power, Japan has to lower its "ambition level" on greenhouse gases. In the short term, Japan is trapped, as are we all, in a vicious circle of greenhouse gas dependency and worsening climate change.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
he can really pile it on eh, the author of the article that is. makes me wonder, did sebelius hire him for the ACA CAMPAIGN?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
which forum would be best for a thread on nuclear power?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The propaganda in the first few months of Fukushima was out-right outrageous!

In the weeks before Fukushima went boom, the propaganda machine in the UK was pointing at Japan as an example of how well an "advanced economy" runs nuclear power, and how it is very safe.

They are trying to force nuclear power upon the UK even now, and ended up having to go to China for funding because basically no-one with any morals would touch it. Why the UK needed foreign investment is another question entirely.
edit on 21-12-2013 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join