It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Handed People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm left handed. I'm a musical badass, and smart as #. I could kill people but I never would. I suck at math though! Everyday math I'm fine but college level math...shoot me!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm a lefty and I've got some theories about why some lefties seem to be more adept at certain tasks. Having to live in a world where most people don't have to worry about things like which way a door opens or how to use scissors, lefties have to think about that. We spend our lives compensating for how the rest of the world works so we tend to have a better appreciation of spacial qualities of things.

As far as sports go, there are a number of NFL quarterbacks, Major league pitchers, professional boxers, etc. who are lefties. With lefty quarterbacks, when they pass the ball, it spins backwards from the way it does when a right handed quarterback throws it, making the balls harder to catch by an opponents defense. The receivers on the lefty's team get used to catching these balls.

With boxers, or for that matter, fencers, being left handed has tons of advantages. Lefties get use to fighting right handed opponents while right handed people have less chance to get use to fighting lefties. We do everything in mirror to what they do and many righties have problems compensating for that. Thus, we tend to be better at certain sports.

I also have a theory that we lefties were genetically engineered to be the leaders of the human race by the alien "gods" who made us. There are approximately 10 righties for every lefty in the world. I want my ten servants here tomorrow. I have yard work that needs to be done.

On a final note, I found left handed scissors so I don't use my right hand to cut with.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
McCain and Obama are both lefties...So was Bill Clinton and Bush Sr...
Bush Jr. is a righty

As is David Cameron.
Also Reagan was a lefty/ambidextrous.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by soontide

I also have a theory that we lefties were genetically engineered to be the leaders of the human race by the alien "gods" who made us. There are approximately 10 righties for every lefty in the world. I want my ten servants here tomorrow. I have yard work that needs to be done.

There could be something in that, but I feel that's not the real story.

It could be that the left-handers were instructors, teachers and benefactors to the right-hander people.
Then the righty's turned on them, hunted down the numbers, then once things calmed down a bit we had to try and hide our 'skill'.

Even now in some area's of the world (like Asia) left-handedness is discouraged and pupils forced to write with their right-hand....

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Yep, Im a lefty. Only two things I do right handed and that is bat and play golf. I have to say I am more of the artsy type, which they do say is often connected to using the right side of the brain.

What I AM curious about is this...I know my folks tried to change my hand, but gave it up pretty quick so I was told, but I was ALSO told that I read backwards. In other words I read right to left. Given that I did that, they did say I still seemed to know what I was reading. This they did break me of, but I am still a avid reader to this day.

This happen to anyone else?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberdude78

i am left handed and when i was in second grade there was a teacher there who tried to make me use my right hand all the time she said " being left handed is a sign of the devil"

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well I'm left handed and they consider me pretty smart, i really dont feel like im the next einstien and i dont get the urge to kill someone. Just saying.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What about ambidexterity?
I've got solid math skills if I override my shoddy short-term memory, am scientifically inclined, and I'm very strong in the arts, especially drawing/painting/pastels and music,
I've felt murderous feelings before... but doesn't everyone at least once? ._.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jed001

i am left handed and when i was in second grade there was a teacher there who tried to make me use my right hand all the time she said " being left handed is a sign of the devil"

More like a sign of the old time's prior to Christianity (organised) stamping over our pagan root's...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

They tried doing the same thing to me when I was in grade school. If they would have used the devil thing on me, a desk would have been tossed their way.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am 100% left handed.I am far from genuis status.
My middle european grandma said i was possessed
by the devil (probably true), I play a custom made left handed
guitar, I do not write with the left handed hook. The only
hook from my left hand was a curve ball I threw when I played
college baseball and I am not a serial killer that I know of, at
least in my wakeing hours.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hmmm curious. One of my kids is a leftie.. and kinda mean.There could be something to this serial killer thing. Should I start the savings fund for a good defense atty now?

IMO there is nothing to this left versus right thing. Just another way to make yourself feel like a special little snow flake. My rightie kid is the one with the high IQ and calm. My leftie kid can draw/paint/sculpt incredibly good for her age and is incredibly high-strung. The little one.. undetermined and maybe ambi.. she uses what she wants when she wants with equal skill. She also says she wants to be a "toy player" when she grows up, so lets not get into ambi folks being superior either.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Actually left handed people are more likely to be leftist politically, as well as being homosexual/bi-sexual and pedophiles. Left handed people are also more likely to suffer from autism and schizophrenia.

pn.psychiatryonline.org...
bayblab.blogspot.com...
www.suite101.com...

And with the tie in that left handed people are more predisposed towards being intelligent there is a hypothetical(as the study of psychopaths and sociopaths is still in it's infancy) link between left handedness and sociopaths(this is from my own personnel observation of a few sociopaths I observed over the years and may just be coincidental).

Also over the last 60 odd years most Presidents have been left handed, and oddly enough over the last 60 years the US went down the toilet with Presidents selling us all out.

Both Sen McCain and President Obama are left handed. Ouch...
While JFK and Eisenhower where right handed...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
My friend who is left handed is the most humanitarian person on the planet.
Now of course I don't know how true that actually is, but if he's putting up some facade to cover up evil intentions, he's doing one hell of a good job for such a long time then.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What about ambidextrous do you have any stats on them? Hey this is on topic damn you they can be left handed!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

im left handed and was rather smart, then i tried pot

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I am 100% left. I shoot left, throw left, left eye dominant, kick with my left leg, write left, eat left, ...well you get the point. I am also 100% average, no special scholastic or art skills, totally hetero. I do write with my paper sideways though....is that deviant enough??

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
I once planned on killing about 20 people from my school, nearly went through with it to, but later backed out, so i am a serial killer in a sense, i'd kill someone if i had a silenced gun, and if i planned it through, covered my tracks etc.

I'm left handed, rh negative, 5'3, male, 19, and an iq of 189, which is pretty low among us left handers.
My left handed friends have iq's in the 250's, they eclipse me.

I'm currently studying biomedical science at college, a lot of us are geniuses, compared to most right handers im a genius, but other left handers, seem to always eclipse me.
edit on 19-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

I hope you are joking, and even if you are, this is not funny..

Furthermore, an IQ of 250?????

Hrmmm, yeah right....

vvv

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Most of the posts I've read in this thread are either written by left-handed people or fail to cite clinical data. We all know that information and statistics can be tailored to convenience when we neglect to be concise - Awareness of this is the very reason many people read this forum to begin with!! For a bunch of people with a common interest in conspiracy and alternative thought, I'm reading a lot of soundbites and generalizations. I don't claim to be beyond reproach but I can't help noticing that some threads eventually lose all impact from too much blurring of the lines.
Just saying...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join