It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Handed People

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
hmm well, my sis is left handed and shes a total f`n idiot lol

so who knows

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I think i read somewhere that more monkeys are right handed than left. So it must be something innate, as well as what us humans are taught.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberdude78

I recently worked 7 months at a residential facility for prisoners (non-violent offenders) in a work release program. My job involved very frequently having prisoners sign in and out of the facility in my presence. I was astounded to find that again and again, many of them were left-handed. I would guestimate at least 70% of them were left-handed. The population of residents frequently changed as many people got out and we received new people, and the frequency of my seeing left-handed prisoners never changed --- it was like every third person was left-handed. I'm not saying that people with left-handedness have criminal tendencies, but do wonder if anyone has done research on this specifically.

- aWoman

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I am left-handed for writing and eating, but that's about it. I catch and throw better with my right hand (that caused problems with baseball) The first time I shot a gun, I tried to do it right-handed but quickly realized that my left eye was dominant. BTW, I also hook my hand around while writing and was in advanced classes in middle and high school.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm left handed and loving it.

Because whenever I can do something better than someone else I attribute it to my left-handedness, as that's something they can NEVER be.

Spouting statistics of the % of left handed US presidents vs % of popultion also annoys them.

Gives me a nice little power trip.

(not that I beleive any of it
)

[edit on 29/7/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I am very left handed. Can't say I'm a genuis or smart since I've never been in any advanced classes in my life. I am terrible at math. But then again, I never really applied myself to my studies and still got by with a 3.7 GPA. So who knows. I come from a very right handed family with the exception of my father who passed before I was weaned off bottles. If it wasn't for my sister being ambidextrous I wouldn't have had anyone to teach me to write. I am so very left handed that the only purpose I can find for my right is using scissors and holding things. Other than that, my right hand is useless. As for the serial killer bit, haven't killed anyone and don't have any wishes to do so. However, many people are afraid of me when they first meet me. And when I was in school I had people tell me that they were still afriad of me and thought I was going to shoot up the school. I had a good laugh at them but was truely hurt inside. How could anyone think that about me? I'm a nice person
Today, I still give people the creeps but enjoy that quality. In summary, left handed, not a genius or a serial killer.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
My sister is a lefty and I'm a righty, but I'm more artistic than her, so I don't really think it makes a difference.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
lol love some of the comments!

what does it mean then if you can write with both hands?
Ambidextrous info

Quite a horrible weird word though, eh? Always got insulted when people would say that to me...just sounds awful!

I did laugh at the premise of this thread: I have issue with eating and table settings... Always change them around to suit me. Actually I have a lot of friends who are left handed and they are not serial killers, intelligent people though, but not sure about them being in menses catergory.

oh and i just remembered when I was at school, the teacher used to take the pencil out of my left hand because everyone had to write with their right hand...so conformed and write with my right, but prefer my left.
or actually cool to write my name with both hands at the same time...

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Thurisaz]

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Sorry, left-handed people are not special. I know quite a few people who are left handed and they are normal as normal can be.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaBears
Sorry, left-handed people are not special. I know quite a few people who are left handed and they are normal as normal can be.

It may be true, but we still have some problems with using right handed things. How many left handers have trouble using can openers?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ZTJank

The reason lefties right awkwardly is to avoid smudging what they have just written and also to see what they just wrote too.

That's my excuse anyway.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
my sister is left handed and shes really smart , twice as smart as me and im in college doing engineering. thats all i have to say xD

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cyberdude78

Yeah it's true, I'm also left handed. Left handed peeps are just genius what can I say, they either turn really good or really evil, bam, case closed, proof positive, is this evidence good enough?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

I recently worked 7 months at a residential facility for prisoners (non-violent offenders) in a work release program. My job involved very frequently having prisoners sign in and out of the facility in my presence. I was astounded to find that again and again, many of them were left-handed. I would guestimate at least 70% of them were left-handed. The population of residents frequently changed as many people got out and we received new people, and the frequency of my seeing left-handed prisoners never changed --- it was like every third person was left-handed. I'm not saying that people with left-handedness have criminal tendencies, but do wonder if anyone has done research on this specifically.

- aWoman

/me thinks some right handers have problems with percentages.

1/3rd = 33%, not 70%.
1/3rd lefty's would also put the remaining 2/3rds (or 66%) of crim's as right handers

[edit on 5/2/09 by Obliv_au]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I am a lefty! I am also an artist or so I like to think, anyway I draw and sketch with my left hand, but when I do a painting, I do it right handed...go figure!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I think lefties are a little different.

The only thing I do right handed is cut with scissors and play guitar. Having said that, even though I'm a musician, I'm not a very good guitar player even after 14 years.

My IQ is 134.. I am more prone to artistic ventures.. And I think differently than most anyone I know.. Doesn't make me superior, just different.

Why would parents try to change their child's hand??? That seems absurdly against nature and unhealthy even!

I've never once had a problem being a leftie, and I wouldn't wanna be any other way.

I mean, sometimes my left hand talks to me about cabbage and serial murder, but who's doesn't, right? Bubblegum monkey stew!

Gerber food..

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hmm I dont know. My husband is left handed and he's REALLY good at math. Maybe he's a genius! =]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
i to am left handed. i consider myself a genius conceptual artists. i am currently in the developmental stages of 2 inventions, a theory of physics, and medical research. i am a highschool dropout. i do not kill people, although i i dont doubt my abilities. i am an incredibly gifted athlete (i have participated in mixed martial arts competitions, and amatuer boxing). i know very few other left handed people, one of which could quite possibly be a hit man. he is intellegent but only to a certain degree. could someone help me figure out the pineal gland? is dmt our key to inter dimensional travel on the physical plane?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
they say similar of aquarians, well that it can amount to many genius' but its a fine line between genius and insanity, so many in mental homes are also aquarians. I'm left handed and aquarian, education authority recorded high IQ and always did good at sport, breaking regional and school records easily without training. Had 2 articles published, been on television 4 times, worked at manchester united and bury fc, vast experience in construction, no kids at 38 (yippee) and on my way to completing my 2nd book. But cause of my spiritual beliefs and shaman ways ppl say im a looney. to be honest im not bothered wot ppl think, i know i always do good and always will do in most scenarios.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join