It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

75k in hand and need a change.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What would you do with $75,000 cash in hand. Could you change your life? What happens when life is good and you have finally saved up what seems to be a large chunk of real cash?

What would you do to insure you were never broke again?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
75K? What century do you live in?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Move to a third world country and live out my remaining years on the beach and debt free.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Hey it's cash, lol tis but pennies these days but it is nice to dream.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

1. Move to Tasmania.
2. Enrole into the Australian Maritime College.
3. Undertake a Watchkeeper Unlimited ticket and Dynamic positioning Unlimited ticket
4. Apply to me for a job in the Oil and gas sector.
5. Be earning a Minimum of $125,000 within 24 months of the move.
6. Be earning $300,000 within 5 years - minimum

All the while traveling the world and getting 1 day off for 1 days work so only ever working 6 months of the year.

OR

Put it all on race 5, horse 8 at Ascot this Saturday (sure thing) and collect about $2.5 Million (maybe)

Your call.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
^^^ Now that is good advice! That is the point of this thread, to find ideas that are out of the box. Been making a good living doing what I do (commercial pilot) but have to admit to wanting to find another gig sometimes.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Bwa ha ha ha. Now that was funny. Been there done that, although for 75k I should find something that lasts more than 3 minutes

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

It's a nice nestegg. If you find some work you are interested in, it can buffer the need for a high wage. You can change your habits and live on a lot less and still enjoy life.

Camping is cheap entertainment and there are a lot of good people at campgrounds to meet if you feel like making new friends. You don't need a big camper, a tent or used small camper is fine. You can go to work from the campsite also. You don't need an expensive car or the nicest of everything to live. You will have to change your desires.

You may be able to actually find a higher paying job but then again if you have to raise your living status you may lose in the end.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

superman2012
reply to post by Mamatus

Move to a third world country and live out my remaining years on the beach and debt free.

About 10 years ago, my husband and I had just that amount of cash, and moved to Saskatchewan.

Housing was cheap, jobs were plenty, a 3 week truck driving course for the husband was perfect.

Not exactly retirement, and the exact opposite of warm beaches, but Saskatchewan was a good place to start over

A big empty province, that no one wants to move to.
I really liked it there.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
1. Payoff/buy decent used vehicle
2. Buy foreclosed/ discounted housing / cheap old mobile home if needed
3. Buy anything I NEED, not want
4. SAVE the rest for a rainy day

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

That's A LOT of lap dances in the Champagne Room.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA man I love that movie and I think i peed a lil bit

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

snowspirit

superman2012
reply to post by Mamatus

About 10 years ago, my husband and I had just that amount of cash, and moved to Saskatchewan.

Housing was cheap, jobs were plenty, a 3 week truck driving course for the husband was perfect.

Not exactly retirement, and the exact opposite of warm beaches, but Saskatchewan was a good place to start over

I really liked it there.

Everything you mentioned was PAST TENSE, why didn't you stay? Sounds like the perfect place.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

snowspirit

superman2012
reply to post by Mamatus

I really liked it there.

Hey! I resemble that comment!!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Invest maybe 5k into bitcoin. The rest buy some decent automobiles in good condition from probably police auctions and what not. Resell those for a profit. Take said profit probably buy more bitcoins. Keep repeating.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

My husband ended up working in Alberta - they had so much work there, they were hiring Saskatchewan companies to come out and drive.
One of the Albertan companies wanted my husband to drive for him, and the work was better, more money, and a brand new truck to drive.
So now we're in Alberta. It's nice too, but I miss Saskatchewan.

I never thought I'd miss -30C or colder in the winter, but Alberta freezes, thaws, freezes, thaws......
That makes for very slippery winter driving.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

It's a nice easy going province.

Everyone was so nice.

Alberta - everyone's in a hurry.
So much work out here though....

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I changed my life with 10k.

I moved from a place that was ludicrously expensive, got a home with rent cheaper than most apt where I used to live.

I invited those in similar situations as me, friends and family to come with, Rented the rooms in my new home to 3 family members and one close friend who was near homeless.

With in a year of it, that move has allowed those people to build their own wealth in a cheaper environment, the cost saving measures My wife an I took is allowing those people I brought with me to do the same as I have.

Get a home, in the single worst economy my generation has ever seen.

Now my wife and I are looking to help these friends and family buy their own home, and land.

Think outside the box, help your fellow man, live communally if you have to, and you can change your life with far less than 70k.
edit on 20-11-2013 by benrl because: just cause

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Buy house on the beach in vung tau vietnam and live like a king .. beautiful white sand beach , clear blue water , good fishing .. youd even have enough to set up a business if got too bored lounging on the beach ..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join